Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 01-14-2020, 02:07 PM   #323
LittleDolfin

Drives: 2014 Camaro RS
Angry A/C Evaporator Catastrophic fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector 17 View Post
There have been a few threads on here started by people who have had problems with their cars that were not handled or resolved to their satisfaction by their dealer. In some cases, these have been escalated (thanks in part to this forum and its members) to GM and are in the process of being addressed. In some cases, people have been bashing GM, their dealers, the Camaro, etc.

I realized that many people don't know the options that are available to them when it comes to getting issues like this addressed. So I felt I would outline what should be done in these cases. Please note, these are for issues that have not been handled appropriately or to your satisfaction by your dealer. Don't contact GM if you haven't gone to your dealer first and at least given them a chance to address the problem.

The first step should always be to take the car back to your dealer. Give the dealer a chance to address the issue. [This is where having a reliable dealer and having a good relationship with them comes in handy, but I digress.] Personally, I would recommend documenting this process for yourself just in case it does need to be escalated later.

If your issue hasn't been resolved to your satisfaction and you feel that the dealer is not being helpful, you should contact GM's Customer Assistance Group at 1-800-508-3060. This number has been established exactly for cases like this. They are there to assist you in getting a resolution to your problem.

If you feel further escalation is necessary, PM me.

Don't bash GM if you haven't taken the proper steps to make sure that your issue has been resolved. I hope this helps anyone who may be experiencing issues.

NOTE: If you have contacted or state you are going to contact a lawyer my ability to assist you will be limited. I know some people get frustrated with dealing with these issues and I don't blame them. In fact, I completely understand. I just want to be upfront and honest with what I can and can't help with.

New to this how do I PM you?
LittleDolfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 04:41 PM   #324
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolfin View Post
New to this how do I PM you?
don't bother that post is 10 years old
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 07:29 AM   #325
LittleDolfin

Question 2014 Camaro RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Thanks to Camropete for posting this. I have given some of you this number in the past in hopes that you would do exactly as he has suggested.

You can use this number to report a problem with your dealer or a problem with your vehicle that has not been resolved to your satisfaction.

To report an issue regarding a dealership:
First contact the Customer Assistance Group by calling 1-800-508-3060
If the issue is still not resolved and the customer is in need of additional assistance:
Complete the Escalated Customer Assistance Form (note: You MUST have an existing Service Request (SR) number from the Customer Assistance Group in order to request Escalated Customer Assistance.)

For questions regarding GM warranty coverage (new car warranty and GMPP warranty)
Contact with the Customer Assistance Group at 1-800-508-3060

To follow up on an existing customer case with Customer Assistance Center:
Complete the Escalated Customer Assistance Form (note: You MUST have an existing Service Request (SR) number from the Customer Assistance Group in order to request Escalated Customer Assistance.)

The escalation process is a form that I or any GM employee submits internally but you will have to have the SR number which you can only get from Customer Assistance.

So the process asks that you give your dealer a chance to take care of you. If not then you can call the 1-800 number and if that doesn't work, have a GM employee go to the "How to help a customer" website and submit an Escalation Form on your behalf. And you can PM me if you have problems with this or if you need help with escallation.

I can assure you that there is a significant focus on making sure GM customere are the most satisfied. As Mr. Reuss has stated, we will do it one customer at a time.
As I asked the other GM person, I am new to this and am not sure how to "PM"
I have a major problem and it was reported and I have a number and I spoke to a Rocky who was very dismissive and spoke down to me. I'm not happy about this whole situation. I have a gorgeous car that runs great and I love it but has had a catastrophic fail in the evaporator and I have no A/C in FL. This repair is going to cost $2000. and the car only has 23k miles on it. This after having to replace the body control module 2 weeks prior to the tune of $495. I can't afford these extensive repairs I really thought I would get more than 5 years out of this vehicle. in fact I intended it to be my last vehicle it's not looking like it's going to make it.
Old 01-15-2020, 07:30 AM   #326
LittleDolfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
don't bother that post is 10 years old
So you are saying that these people are no longer around? Great. Do you know of any other threads or avenues to find out how to work with CServ. They suck.

Last edited by LittleDolfin; 01-15-2020 at 07:41 AM.
Old 01-17-2020, 07:11 PM   #327
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolfin View Post
So you are saying that these people are no longer around? Great. Do you know of any other threads or avenues to find out how to work with CServ. They suck.
1 (866) 522-9559
GM Customer service
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2020, 12:40 AM   #328
xX_BLACK_INFERNO_Xx

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
I had issues before. Went to one dealer out of state headed to Texas in the middle of the summer, ac went out. They said it was the condenser and it was not covered under warranty because there was a hole in it. They told me it was going to be almost $700 to fix. Figured they had to be wrong. Waited till I got home, went to my dealership and they told me that whoever looked at it didn’t know what they were talking about. They recharged it, said if I had any issues to bring it back. Next road trip near mid fall beginning of winter, again ac went out. Stopped at a dealer in Mississippi and they said same thing as first dealer. Again waited till I got home to my dealer. Got a phone call a few days later and said it’s going to be $1700 this time because the compressor is locked up and condenser has a hole in it. The service manager tried to lay some bull on me about the compressor still engages even though there’s a low pressure switch that is specifically designed to keep this from happening in the case that you lose too much refrigerant. Said he,” consulted with an engineer at GM to confirm this.” At this point I was pissed. Called a friend miles away who was a service manager at another dealer and told him what was going on and he said he’d see what he could do. I figured if I was going to spend the money to fix it I’d rather do it at a dealer where at least they’re honest with you. At the end of it I found out just before I got to the last dealership the previous service manager called the regional rep for our area and put a warranty block on my ac system. I was livid. Between my family and I we had spent hundreds of thousands at this dealer. When they saw us they knew we weren’t leaving without something. Vettes, trucks, suburbans, an avalanche, vans for our businesses. I was so mad that I actually just ordered the parts and fixed it myself. Filed a complaint with the BBB (what a joke). Even called folks I know up at the vette plant. They were shocked. If the strings I pulled didn’t work, making phone calls may not work in you cases either. Just saying...

I guess with that rant what I’m trying to say is just expect to pay for it one way or another.. Since that day I fix my own stuff now. Never went back to that dealer and will never recommend them to anyone in the future unless they want to get screwed. If it’s covered under warranty, great. If not, I’ll buy the parts and fix it myself. I am by no means a mechanic, but I am mechanically inclined and I’ll figure it out or I’ll YouTube it and get it done.
Old 01-20-2020, 11:09 AM   #329
LittleDolfin

A/C Evaporator Catastrophic fail

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX_BLACK_INFERNO_Xx View Post
I had issues before. Went to one dealer out of state headed to Texas in the middle of the summer, ac went out. They said it was the condenser and it was not covered under warranty because there was a hole in it. They told me it was going to be almost $700 to fix. Figured they had to be wrong. Waited till I got home, went to my dealership and they told me that whoever looked at it didn’t know what they were talking about. They recharged it, said if I had any issues to bring it back. Next road trip near mid fall beginning of winter, again ac went out. Stopped at a dealer in Mississippi and they said same thing as first dealer. Again waited till I got home to my dealer. Got a phone call a few days later and said it’s going to be $1700 this time because the compressor is locked up and condenser has a hole in it. The service manager tried to lay some bull on me about the compressor still engages even though there’s a low pressure switch that is specifically designed to keep this from happening in the case that you lose too much refrigerant. Said he,” consulted with an engineer at GM to confirm this.” At this point I was pissed. Called a friend miles away who was a service manager at another dealer and told him what was going on and he said he’d see what he could do. I figured if I was going to spend the money to fix it I’d rather do it at a dealer where at least they’re honest with you. At the end of it I found out just before I got to the last dealership the previous service manager called the regional rep for our area and put a warranty block on my ac system. I was livid. Between my family and I we had spent hundreds of thousands at this dealer. When they saw us they knew we weren’t leaving without something. Vettes, trucks, suburbans, an avalanche, vans for our businesses. I was so mad that I actually just ordered the parts and fixed it myself. Filed a complaint with the BBB (what a joke). Even called folks I know up at the vette plant. They were shocked. If the strings I pulled didn’t work, making phone calls may not work in you cases either. Just saying...

I guess with that rant what I’m trying to say is just expect to pay for it one way or another.. Since that day I fix my own stuff now. Never went back to that dealer and will never recommend them to anyone in the future unless they want to get screwed. If it’s covered under warranty, great. If not, I’ll buy the parts and fix it myself. I am by no means a mechanic, but I am mechanically inclined and I’ll figure it out or I’ll YouTube it and get it done.

I tried to go through GM Customer Service, got some cat named Rocky who was less than impressed and talked down to me, I guess because I'm an old white woman or maybe because they are taught to be dismissive. They want a nice price for these cars but don't want to do anything about them if they have problems even with low mileage. I am NOT impressed at all with General Motors but I love this car and I'm not prepared to get rid of it just yet. You would think that they would want to keep customers coming back in the future. I can guarantee that this is my last GM.
I agree with the YT, and though I am a woman I don't have a problem with fixing things and if I can't then I have a couple of mechanics that I can call that I trust with her. Problem with this fix is nobody wanted to touch it because to fix the evaporator you have to remove the windshield or that's what I was told. I did find a auto A/C company that would fix it for $1,600. still high for a car with 23k miles but better than $2,000 that the dealership wanted. I should have it back by the end of the week. After $500. for the new body control module and $1600 for the A/C in a month I'm hoping that I don't have to put any more money into it for awhile. Thanks for your reply! Have a great 2020!!!