Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 03-06-2012, 07:53 AM   #1
joey0480

Drives: 2013 Evo X
Got some rattles and squeaks...like the seat!

Got about 21K on the car now and within the past 1000 miles got some annoying noises.

I got a rattling in the dash, near the radio. The heater/AC is making like a clicking noise. And now the drivers seat is squealing when I go around turns. Not a small guy but not overly large either (210) so just frustrating....oh yeah, and the back rear deck is rattling (cause of the sub so I plan on dynamatting that).

I plan on having the dealer look at the seat and heater/ac (which they couldn't replicate last time) but what do you guys think about the dash rattle? I understand things will start to make noise over time, but this all jumped out at once.

Anyone else experiencing rattles? Squeaks?

SOLD:Team L99
ADM Race Intake and Scoop
Vmax Ported TB
Borla-S axlebacks
ARH 1 7/8 Long Tubes and Hi Flo Cats
160 Thermostat
Pfdat front and rear sways and endlinks
Gold Pearl Powdercoated calipers
Gloss black CFD strut covers
GM gill stripes
******** 12" Stealth Kicker Package
joey0480 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:19 AM   #2
smokingcamaro

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
I am with you man, I have some rattling in mine to, I think it started about 5000 miles ago. I took it to the dealership to try and get it fixed but they said that the Camaros all did that and it was normal. I have gone to two dealerships now with this problem and none of them want to fix it! These rattles are driving me crazy I only have 30,000 miles on mine. I just hope it does not get worse!!!

Last edited by smokingcamaro; 03-06-2012 at 08:32 AM.
smokingcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:48 AM   #3
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Sorry to hear about all of these noises you two are having. Is there another dealer in your area (it doesn't have to be a Chevy dealer) that could take care of your smokin? Also joey I would bring up every thing you've listed off to your dealer when you bring it in and try your best to replicate everything. Take a tech with you on a drive if you have to. Hopefully your dealer is able to take care of you. Let us know how things go for you guys.

Jeff Morris, Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:05 AM   #4
smokingcamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Sorry to hear about all of these noises you two are having. Is there another dealer in your area (it doesn't have to be a Chevy dealer) that could take care of your smokin? Also joey I would bring up every thing you've listed off to your dealer when you bring it in and try your best to replicate everything. Take a tech with you on a drive if you have to. Hopefully your dealer is able to take care of you. Let us know how things go for you guys.

I have had a couple of problems that the dealer will not fix, I might be just a little OCD with my Camaro but she is my baby!! The first is the seat belt is fraying on the sides which I was told that if it was not broken they would not fix it. There are a couple other problems that I feel that should be fixed but the dealership says that it just wear and tear. I do not know what to do with these dealerships, I have been two now and both has said the same thing. I am sorry for jacking your thread just venting!!!
Old 03-06-2012, 09:26 AM   #5
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Welcome to the club, seat belts frayed (will not fix since not cut in half), seat sqeaks, rattles all over the place since they took the car apart to fix wet carpet issue, blower motor sqeaks. Of coarse none of it would they fix under warranty and now at 39K so difentally will never get fixed.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:41 AM   #6
smokingcamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
Welcome to the club, seat belts frayed (will not fix since not cut in half), seat sqeaks, rattles all over the place since they took the car apart to fix wet carpet issue, blower motor sqeaks. Of coarse none of it would they fix under warranty and now at 39K so difentally will never get fixed.
I just had my leak fixed to, It took them two times to get it right! The fist time they said they could not find the leak and then the second time they replaced the weather striping. I love my Camaro but what in the world Chevy!!!!!!
Old 03-06-2012, 10:02 AM   #7
y2k king

Drives: 2011 ss camaro
i had a chirp in the drivers seat and someone posted here to just bump
the seat forward enough so that it's not all the way back and that fixed it.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:14 AM   #8
My Caroline

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro LS
I have ha my share of rattles and squeaks. The camaros are notorious for the infamous "cold creaks".
Non-RS to RS and fog light harness by Gen5DIY
LED Interior, Trunk, and Licence Plate lights in white
ZL1 Spoiler with Gen5DIY harness
Factory NPP cat back
Blacked out tail light bezels
Factory 20 inch wheels wrapped in Nitto Motivos
Lowered 1.25inch on Eibach Pro springs
My Caroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 04:38 PM   #9
oachalon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
No squeaks in my car, but it only has 3500 miles. It will be 3 years old at the end of June.

i did have a seat squeak, and all i had to do was lube the seat track and it fixed it.
oachalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:33 PM   #10
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
every American car I have ever owned, 30+ cars, they all rattled and squeeked within a few years..some just months. No biggie.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 04:15 PM   #11
hansenp

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2 SS/RS
My seat squeek is the seatbelt latch i push it forward and squeek is gone
Old 03-08-2012, 01:41 PM   #12
SOLOJM

Drives: 2012 2SS 45th Aniversary Edition,
Dash above the glove box rattles, passenger seat rattles has been fixed twice, and now the sunroof rattles with only 5,000 miles. I really dont care about the seat and the dash the car is full of plastic it is going to rattle but the sun roof was killing me. Dropped it off at the dealer and it has been two days with the mini van loaner. Man I miss the camaro.
SOLOJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 08:26 AM   #13
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Sorry to hear about all of this SOLO. Let us know how things go for you with your dealer.

Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote