Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-08-2015, 11:43 PM   #71
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Patriot View Post
As already mentioned, my bet is on someone sitting on the side of the roof through the sunroof.
Thats what I was thinking....I haven't driven my car since this thread started. It was the first time I auctually looked at my sunroof.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 06:26 AM   #72
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
I've seen dents around a sunroof like that................after a car was in an accident.

Those are not normal in any way.
Old 07-09-2015, 10:14 AM   #73
1Canuck

Drives: 2014 2LT RS
would speed bumps or potholes at speed cause it to flex. it does move a bit by hand.
1Canuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 10:45 AM   #74
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
I've heard of people putting dents in their roofs by pushing too hard when waxing/polishing.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:18 AM   #75
CamaroTom

Drives: 1/70 2013 BRM 2SS RS 1LE NPP NAV
With the sunroof open, the glass is on top of the roof sheet metal. I bet someone stood up though the sunroof and sat on the glass while it was open causing the dents on the rear edges. I would also have to have this fixed, I can't stand dents. I have a great PDR guy on stand by.
Old 07-09-2015, 01:36 PM   #76
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
I think OP has already said no one has been standing up through (or sitting on) the sunroof. I think someone tried to break in through the sunroof, the thick glass prevented it, but the effort caused the dents.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 03:56 PM   #77
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Paintless dent repair works pretty good. But if it's new, should be covered. But they may play the "it was fine before, you must've done something too it."
Old 07-09-2015, 04:17 PM   #78
JLSuperfly

Drives: 2014 Red Hot LS3
PDR should work, however, the OP is still in the dark as to what have caused this. If it is indeed due to defect, then it will likely reoccur.
JLSuperfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 04:26 PM   #79
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
That the first I've heard of this on Camaro. Challenger boards are blown up with thread like this.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 05:03 PM   #80
maddoggyusa

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS/6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyRED View Post
Any chance to get some bigger pics? I've seen something very similar happen to a much older car with a sunroof. The sunroof got stuck closed from never being used and when the guy tried opening it the motor turned and pushed the roof down until the sunroof window broke free and left dents just like that.

When it was happening we couldn't hear it causing any damage, all we heard was the pop once the window broke free.
I thought crazyred might be on to something. what happens if you hold the close button too long... any chance the motor keeps pulling the sunroof closed and damages the sheetmetal? or like he said, if it wasn't used in awhile could it have been stuck and caused the damage? but the damage looks more like if the sunroof was closing.

maybe take video while opening and closing sunroof, see if the roof flexes.

Last edited by maddoggyusa; 07-09-2015 at 05:15 PM.
maddoggyusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 05:31 PM   #81
Chris1SS1LE

Drives: 2014 Camaro Red Hot 1LE NPP Recaro
Looks like somebody had sex on top of the car, hmm sure you didn't have an affair the wife found out or the girl you were cheating on your wife found out you were married.
Chris1SS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 06:37 PM   #82
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1SS1LE View Post
Looks like somebody had sex on top of the car, hmm sure you didn't have an affair the wife found out or the girl you were cheating on your wife found out you were married.
Is this the scenario your talking about.....just reversed lol
Attached Images

rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 11:00 PM   #83
OmniCamaro
US Veteran

Drives: 2011 Silver Ice Metallic 2SS/RS A6
We have the same "dent" on my wife's 2011 Malibu. Weird.
Old 07-22-2015, 09:53 PM   #84
MitMooney

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS
OP here....

Thanks for all the theories and speculation. Some are very, very creative (Chris1SS1LE, rontammy0!). No one has stood up through the sunroof, sat on the sunroof, sat on the roof, bumped uglies on the roof or pressed hard while washing/waxing. I checked the sunroof motor operation yesterday...smooth as all of yours I'm sure. No binding, no driving the glass beyond the stops.

Chevrolet Customer Care put me in touch with a local dealer. I met with the service and body shop managers yesterday. They ran a fresh Carfax...nothing. The answer is not obvious. I remain hopeful that we'll get to the bottom of this.
MitMooney is offline   Reply With Quote