Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-28-2018, 08:10 AM   #15
RedHot18

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Beast Mode!
RedHot18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2018, 04:58 PM   #16
Doug Halsey
Toy Collector

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
Congratulations! I love the look, but not the sound of a super charger. If it was natural aspirated with that much HP I would buy in a heart beat!
Old 04-28-2018, 05:22 PM   #17
TRZ06

Drives: 22' Porsche PDK GT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Halsey View Post
Congratulations! I love the look, but not the sound of a super charger. If it was natural aspirated with that much HP I would buy in a heart beat!
Get a louder exhaust!!!
TRZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 06:22 PM   #18
Doug Halsey
Toy Collector

Drives: 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRZ06 View Post
Get a louder exhaust!!!
LOL - I thought about doing just that but here is the problem. There are two paths in owning the performance car you want.

Path #1 - You like a certain aspect of a performance car and by changing that aspect would ruin it for you. For me that is a super charger. I also like American muscle.

Path #2 - You want only the best performance car you can afford, so you keep upgrading to the newest and best you can get. Problem with that everyone has a breaking point. For some it maybe a super charger, for others it might be an all electric car. The problem with this is that if you keep going down that path, eventually it will be an AI driving and not you!

So where is your breaking point?
Old 04-30-2018, 07:20 PM   #19
JUSTIFIED

Drives: 2015 black Z/28
Sweet ride and, as of others have said, that color rocks. I have a Z/28 and love it, but there is no denying that the ZLE is significant step up.

Question for those of you who've swapped from Z/28 to ZLE.... is the latter significantly harsher on the street with similar style tires?

Likely won't swap my Z/28 as it's a car I truly want to keep, but the ZLE pull has been strong of late.
Old 04-30-2018, 11:47 PM   #20
jjgi5150

Drives: 2022 ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTIFIED View Post
Sweet ride and, as of others have said, that color rocks. I have a Z/28 and love it, but there is no denying that the ZLE is significant step up.

Question for those of you who've swapped from Z/28 to ZLE.... is the latter significantly harsher on the street with similar style tires?

Likely won't swap my Z/28 as it's a car I truly want to keep, but the ZLE pull has been strong of late.

Justified,

I believe the ZLE is a bit harsher than the Z/28 was, on the GY tires, but it is by no means FAR worse To me, the better interior and other features make the drive a lot more enjoyable. The handling is there, I believe even more so than the Z/28...stock for stock. But..OMG...the extra 150 HP/TQ is just a "tad" more noticable. I also believe the trans gear ratios are far superior to the Z/28's gearbox. This tranny is what the Z/28 should have had.

I drove through the mountains this past weekend, and even with heavy, slowing traffic, it was a major joy, moreso than the the last time I dorve there in the Z/28.

I don't think you'll regret the change if you do it,

JJ
2023 Hyundai SF Calligraphy
jjgi5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 06:04 PM   #21
JUSTIFIED

Drives: 2015 black Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgi5150 View Post
Justified,

I believe the ZLE is a bit harsher than the Z/28 was, on the GY tires, but it is by no means FAR worse To me, the better interior and other features make the drive a lot more enjoyable. The handling is there, I believe even more so than the Z/28...stock for stock. But..OMG...the extra 150 HP/TQ is just a "tad" more noticable. I also believe the trans gear ratios are far superior to the Z/28's gearbox. This tranny is what the Z/28 should have had.

I drove through the mountains this past weekend, and even with heavy, slowing traffic, it was a major joy, moreso than the the last time I dorve there in the Z/28.

I don't think you'll regret the change if you do it,

JJ

Thanks for making it that much more difficult on me. Haha. Seriously, thanks for the insight. Surprised to hear that the transmission is better since the Z/28's is pretty darn good.

Enjoy!!
Old 05-01-2018, 07:37 PM   #22
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTIFIED View Post

No. Not harsher at all. Do it. You’ll feel right at home.