Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 08-06-2016, 10:37 PM   #1
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
TommyTheCat's 2013 Black 1LS

My old thread was cluttered and too messy, and I was too lazy to clean it all up so here's a new build thread. Perhaps I'll update this with more details later but should be mostly pictures for now

Built 10/10/2012, Build Plant 9 (courtesy of Matthew9440)

Stock, the day after I bought it:

Nicer floor mats:

Added fog lights and swapped the wheels for some used, black chrome SS/RS 5 spoke rims with new Pirelli P-Zeros. The wheels were a squared setup 20x10. Did this pretty quickly after purchasing, along with the window tint and a window spoiler

Of course I needed some headlight Halos and LED fog bulbs

Face off during the headlight swap

Had to change my exhaust pretty quickly too, did not like the stock sound at all. Went with Magnaflow axle back

Quad Wicked tips were next, with a 1LE/NPP diffuser

Exhaust made a big difference in the sound, but so did the Rotofab cold air intake

And a GM strut bar I got from member NoExcuses

Purchased a Trucarbon ZL1 style hood from another member here and got a Heritage grille

Next up I purchased some showstopper LED sidemarkers with the top red/amber strips exposed. Still running good with no issues
Front off:

Front on

Rear on:

Here is when I had taken off the chrome bezels and added technostalgia taillights

Lights on:

Grew tired of the SS/RS wheels. And the V6 brakes. So I purchased MRR 228s with 315s and 275s, (20x11 & 20x10) and also got the OEM Z28 center caps to go with. Can't find many pictures, but you can see I also added ZL1 side rockers, the ZL1 front fascia with hydrodipped lower grille & fog bezels, added NightOwl colorshift lights to my headlights halos, and added halos to the fog lights also controlled with NightOwl. Then added an Anvil carbon fiber spoiler, and of course the SS Brembo brakes with powdercoated yellow calipers and steel braided brake lines. Besides that I added an Elite Catch Can & custom license plate SLWMARO. Then there's also a custom badge from emblempros for the trunklid (LFX) and I added showstopper rock guards front and rear. Huge update right here that I will break down into segments later

After all of this I've done very little. The car was rear ended (while parked) by someone so when it was being fixed I went ahead and painted the Heritage grille black to match. I also purchased a Euro locking fuel cap which is keyed to my ignition key. I had the recall performed and then undid it, so I now have my two original switchblade keys plus one extra spare key without a fob. I also got a Legacy plate which matches the car a lot better, being black and yellow. SHKEBKE is the new plate. My Technostalgia taillights took a dump on me, so I got a used set which then proceeded to take another dump on me. I would've paid them to fix my set if they would honor a warranty, but they were only able to give me the new updated set which looks a lot uglier (with the same problems, and less LEDs on the afterburner) so I have since replaced them with some taillights from gen5diy.com, who also made my harness and sold me some connectors when I did my headlights and fog lights. No issues with these. Other little things I did along the line include LED license plate bulbs, AAC Oracle colorshifting MAP light for the interior, JL Audio subs, box, amp, and tweeters, blue LED light for the trunk, dash designs dashmat and deck cover in black suede.

Here's the current rear:

NightOwl RGB Lights:

I'll finish this up in a bit. Enjoy!

Last edited by TommyTheCat; 08-08-2016 at 11:33 AM.
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 10:53 PM   #2
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
So did you just take the bezels off the tails and leave them off? Does that look weird/like something is missing?

Did a great job so far!

Sent from my BlackBerry Priv - Tapatalk

ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 11:08 AM   #3
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep View Post
So did you just take the bezels off the tails and leave them off? Does that look weird/like something is missing?

Did a great job so far!

Sent from my BlackBerry Priv - Tapatalk
I replaced them with matte black bezels from phastekperformance.com

If they were simply missing there would definitely be a gap, and all the holes where the clips are inserted would show
Old 08-09-2016, 11:28 AM   #4
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
I replaced them with matte black bezels from phastekperformance.com

If they were simply missing there would definitely be a gap, and all the holes where the clips are inserted would show
That's what I thought, and I was confused when I was reading.

Thanks for the clarification, good looking car

ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 07:14 PM   #5
Magna_Flow

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Looks like its coming along well! How are you liking the sound of the axle-back so far?
Magna_Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 04:37 AM   #6
Peterdy

Drives: It's looks amazing
Please read through the entire write up before starting. Understanding all the steps taken and special tools or equipment required will make the process less time consuming.
Peterdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 10:24 AM   #7
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magna_Flow View Post
Looks like its coming along well! How are you liking the sound of the axle-back so far?
I like it, anything was better than stock but I definitely prefer Magnaflows over Flowmasters (both appearance and sound wise)

I work at a shop so I actually got them pretty cheap. No drone at all. Sometimes I don't think it's loud enough, but I still get people complaining so I guess that's just my lack of 2 cylinders. With the windows down it sounds great though
Old 08-12-2016, 11:07 AM   #8
Magna_Flow

Drives: 2015 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTheCat View Post
I like it, anything was better than stock but I definitely prefer Magnaflows over Flowmasters (both appearance and sound wise)

I work at a shop so I actually got them pretty cheap. No drone at all. Sometimes I don't think it's loud enough, but I still get people complaining so I guess that's just my lack of 2 cylinders. With the windows down it sounds great though
We're happy to hear that you like it!
Magna_Flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 05:04 PM   #9
Black Knight

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Awesome builed, hydro dip looks sick . Where did you buy the zl1 bumper from ?
Old 09-03-2016, 05:08 PM   #10
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
Awesome builed, hydro dip looks sick . Where did you buy the zl1 bumper from ?
ZL1 bumper is OEM, I got it from the local dealership. I work at a shop and get better prices
Old 09-03-2016, 05:20 PM   #11
Black Knight

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Ok thanks . Planning on making some chages to my 1LS aswell .