Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 04-15-2020, 07:19 PM   #15
Quicksilver-SS

Drives: 2014 1SS / RS M6
Back Pack leaf blower!!
Quicksilver-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2020, 01:22 AM   #16
melvinjoe

Drives: Toyota
I prefer Microfiber towels from HY Supplies Inc. They are quite absorbent and dry the surface without making lint !! So i use that cloth !!
Old 10-23-2020, 09:05 PM   #17
ariZona28
Give speed a chance

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2LS, 2015 Camaro Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe M 2012 2SS View Post
A pooling rinse is the best thing you can do prior to drying your car after washing.
Removes 80-90% of the water, leaving very little to dry.

Thanks for this cool tip! Great video. I'm always fighting water spots so I'll give this pooling technique a shot, do a leaf blower treatment then follow up with my VERY NICE Adams micro fibers. If that doesn't do it I'm gonna "throw in the towel" and just do a 110 mph dry-off.
Old 10-24-2020, 06:06 AM   #18
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro2ss2010 View Post
By far the best drying towel I’ve ever used and I have tried tons of them.
Thank you!
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2020, 11:35 AM   #19
AG454
I am not "Fast & Furious"

Drives: 2010 Camaro LSX454 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro2ss2010 View Post
By far the best drying towel I’ve ever used and I have tried tons of them.
I have to second this motion. In fact, the towels from Adam’s I use on car are far superior to the ones I use on myself.
Don't wait up 'cause I'll be late, I'll be late
AG454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 03:10 PM   #20
Ernie70

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAD DAB View Post
Try the Rag Company.com. Their prices cannot be beat. Top quality too.
I second this . Love the big plush microfibers.
Ernie70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 06:14 PM   #21
Mr V

Drives: 2011 VR SS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkstar View Post
I've tried many different ones, these are my favorite.
Got a set of these on prime day for $10. They are very plush. I use the rag company eagle edgeless too. Use their pluffle for detail spray. I have the bulk pack of microfiber from costco I use for the wheels. I still like the zaino towels I have. For some reason those do a really good job for removing wax even thought not as plush as some of the others.
Mr V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 10:27 AM   #22
Quicksilver2SS

Drives: 2SS/RS LS3 NPP
Just tried the 28x40 carpro dhydrate towel yesterday, super impressive, quickly drag and pull across hood roof and trunk, wipe down the glass and sides of car (without pooling the water) and this towel got it done, absorbing all that water. Thanks for the recommendation Joe!

I've been using Viking final shine monster jr. Towels for polishing, I cannot believe how ultra plush these are, picked them up at a local auto parts store, they are packaged semi open so you can check out how plush they are right on the shelf, completely amazed.
Old 11-09-2020, 08:54 AM   #23
HAMBO

Drives: Supercharged 2013 AGM 2SS/RS
Best drying towels:
Adams Ultra Plush for two bucket washes
Rag Company Twistress is my new favorite for rinseless washes (car is less wet, and one towel will dry the whole car)

Polishing
If you insist on using something fluffy: MF Madness Crazy Pile, RagCo Eagle 500, actually I find the Jay Leno’s Garage blue high pile towels to be excellent as well. Personally I am using less and less of the fluffy stuff as find they tend to lint more often and push product around more than remove it. As far as general towels go, Corba Super Plush JR and RagCo edgeless 365 are very good multi purpose towels in my view.
SLP TVS2300, Edge CAI, 3" Magnaflow catback, BC Racing BR series coilovers, HRE FF15's (20x10 square) with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S's, GM STB, BMR front and rear sway bars and toe links, Prothane subframe bushings and front control arm inserts, JDP rear upper control arm bushings, Elite Engineering catch can. Tuned by Cunningham Motorsports.
1967 Bolero Red 396 SS/RS Convertible
HAMBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 07:08 AM   #24
Joe M 2012 2SS

Drives: 2012 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver2SS View Post
Just tried the 28x40 carpro dhydrate towel yesterday, super impressive, quickly drag and pull across hood roof and trunk, wipe down the glass and sides of car (without pooling the water) and this towel got it done, absorbing all that water. Thanks for the recommendation Joe!

I've been using Viking final shine monster jr. Towels for polishing, I cannot believe how ultra plush these are, picked them up at a local auto parts store, they are packaged semi open so you can check out how plush they are right on the shelf, completely amazed.
Glad you liked the DHydrate. As "towel junkie", I haven't tried one yet that beats it for drying.

I did try one of those Viking towels years ago, and for a towel you can buy locally, it is the best polishing towel I've found.

But it pales in comparison the the Microfiber Madness Crazy Pile. A softer towel just simply does not exist.
It also keeps removing any sealant/wax residue long after other towels are completely loaded up.
They are expensive though.

The Rag Company Eagle Edgeless are the best "bang for the buck" polishing towel I've ever bought. 4 years ago I got 10 for $30.....I don't think you can get them at this price anymore, but @ $5 or less per towel, they are still a great value.

For rinseless/waterless/detail spray, the Rag Company Everest 1100 are fantastic.

Don't ever run microfiber towels in the dryer, just let them air dry, they will last for many years this way.

Roto-Fab intake, SW 1 7/8" LT w/hi flow cats, Flowmaster outlaw exhaust, UDP, 160* stat, Circle D 3200, Moroso catch can, TCI line lock, Zex Nitrous 125 shot, 3.91 gear, Eaton True-trac, DSS 1000hp axles.
Joe M 2012 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote