Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 08-17-2016, 12:00 PM   #1135
Elite Engineering

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Love your work Trent!!! Keep it up and can't wait for the finished results.

:cheers:

Elite Engineering USA
Elite Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 05:31 PM   #1136
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by IneedAZ View Post
Will that IAT sensor be in addition too or in place of ?
In place of. I'm moving the IAT so it will read the temp drop after the meth sprays. I'm also adding a 2nd MAP sensor just to use for the Baro breakout. I need to take the Baro out of the MAF and move it so it doesn't see pressure in the boost pipe.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 05:37 PM   #1137
JantzenOKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
Use E6000 GOOP on NPT threads going through thin walls. Once it cures it is a soft gel that seals without having to torque the NPT.
Thanks I'll have to try that. Too late for this one though it's already done. I used RTV and it tightened up pretty well.
Old 08-17-2016, 05:39 PM   #1138
JantzenOKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Engineering View Post
Love your work Trent!!! Keep it up and can't wait for the finished results.

:cheers:

Elite Engineering USA
Thanks! I can't wait either. I made an appointment with Gwatney yesterday. I'm going to take it out there Sept 8th for the tuning. So just a couple more weeks.
Old 08-17-2016, 09:52 PM   #1139
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
Was sad to hear your turning it into a trailer queen.
Just love a car that can show up to a race and drive home. That was even a rule at our annual show/races many, many years ago. Otherwise just get a pro mod and be done with it.
Really have enjoyed your build and if any cars deserves to be trailered suppose it would be yours since its probably cleaner than most out there and one hell of a build..
Still sad to know will never run into it on the street.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:11 AM   #1140
JantzenOKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tajefe View Post
Was sad to hear your turning it into a trailer queen.
Just love a car that can show up to a race and drive home. That was even a rule at our annual show/races many, many years ago. Otherwise just get a pro mod and be done with it.
Really have enjoyed your build and if any cars deserves to be trailered suppose it would be yours since its probably cleaner than most out there and one hell of a build..
Still sad to know will never run into it on the street.
A pro mod? Lol somebody's been watching too much Street Outlaws...

The car's still a daily driver type car, will just be trailering it to the track. Sure I could drive it to the track and drive it home but it's an hour away and riding home on the tow truck is no fun. I won't be shocked if I end up breaking this transmission. Plus I'm planning on going to CamaroFest in Cali next spring And I'll be trailering there too if I'll be drag racing. Not too worried about what people think of the car or trailer.

Last edited by JantzenOKC; 08-18-2016 at 07:43 AM.
Old 08-18-2016, 08:44 AM   #1141
jimmyp

Drives: 2013 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by JantzenOKC View Post
In place of. I'm moving the IAT so it will read the temp drop after the meth sprays. I'm also adding a 2nd MAP sensor just to use for the Baro breakout. I need to take the Baro out of the MAF and move it so it doesn't see pressure in the boost pipe.
Is the stock iat incorporated in the maf sensor, or is it a separate unit.
jimmyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 10:15 AM   #1142
JantzenOKC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyp View Post
Is the stock iat incorporated in the maf sensor, or is it a separate unit.
The Air Flow Sensor has the MAF, the IAT, and the Baro all in one.
Old 08-19-2016, 06:05 AM   #1143
JantzenOKC

I went ahead and removed the air straightener piece of whatever it is that's in the throttle body opening of the intake.
Attached Images

Old 08-19-2016, 09:07 PM   #1144
Tajefe Couple

Drives: Never just fly under the radar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JantzenOKC View Post
A pro mod? Lol somebody's been watching too much Street Outlaws...

The car's still a daily driver type car, will just be trailering it to the track. Sure I could drive it to the track and drive it home but it's an hour away and riding home on the tow truck is no fun. I won't be shocked if I end up breaking this transmission. Plus I'm planning on going to CamaroFest in Cali next spring And I'll be trailering there too if I'll be drag racing. Not too worried about what people think of the car or trailer.
Lol glad you took the pro mod thing as a joke.
Other than that it's your car I don't care what you decide to do with it. Just thinking aloud about cars on trailers. That said one ride on a tow truck would probably be one to many for me as well. Again probably a great idea or whatever. Just like seeing cool rides out on the street.
That said you know I've told you on more than one occasion since following your build probably 50+ pages ago way before the motor went mad respect sir!
Old 08-22-2016, 06:04 AM   #1145
JantzenOKC

Wiring in the sensor breakouts. For the Baro breakout I used a MAP sensor out of a 01 Camaro 5.7L and need it just open to the atmosphere somewhere in the engine bay. I decided to drill a hole and mount it on the strut tower brace. That outta make people scratch their head lol. I wanted it somewhere where it wouldn't get filled with road dirt and dust.
Attached Images

Old 08-23-2016, 06:37 PM   #1146
JantzenOKC

Meth!

I called Boyd's to see where to get some Methanol besides VP Racing(who quoted me like $85 for 5 gallons). He said he only knew where he got his and that was Jim Johnson Oil Co. in El Reno, said to ask for John. So called and talked to John super nice guy and quoted me $32 for a 5gallon pail. I went by there today and walked in and it was John Andrade Sr. from Street Outlaws. They were all really nice guys and now I know a good place for meth and race fuels.
Attached Images

Old 08-24-2016, 03:19 PM   #1147
JantzenOKC

Fun.
Attached Images

Old 08-24-2016, 06:00 PM   #1148
JantzenOKC

Wiring is done. I started it up and it didn't explode so I must have done it right.
Attached Images