Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 11-06-2015, 09:38 PM   #29
Mike-ZL1

Drives: 2014 ZL1 Camaro
Ya can't go wrong with Ted and his crew. I am getting the same cam. I have listened to some sound clips on YouTube with other ZL1s with this cam. and sounds real strong I can't wait. but I am doing install myself in garage taking my time this winter and doing more mods at same time. so you will have yours installed before me so let me know what you think. Thanks. Ted what horsepower you think the factory ZL1 clutch can handle before slipping starts. Thanks
Mike-ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 10:57 PM   #30
Candr3535

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Triple Black Vert M6 #5591
Good luck with your build Mike. I'm not a big time car mechanic, i can do tune ups brakes etc. I'm appliance repair guy not talented enough to do a cam lol, so I'll leave it to the PRO's, Ted and the crew. But Mike good luck with ur build. I'm sure it will turn out great.
Dyna-Tech Headers Ceramic Coated w/Super Flo Cats, JRE Custom Rough Idle Racing Cam Package and 125 RWHP Pulley Kit w/ 28% pulley, Custom Tune by Ted, ID850 injectors, JMS Fuel Booster, NGK Plugs, MSD Plug Wires, Roto-Fab CAI, Roto-Fab Big Gulp, Elite Catch Can, Mild to Wild, 90mm VMaxx Ported Throttle Body, Skip Shift Elim., D3 Coolant Resevoir, Separated Clutch Resevoir, and Fuzzy Red Dice..
Candr3535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 07:01 AM   #31
Mike-ZL1

Thanks good luck with yours to and please post your thoughts on how the car drives after the swap. And the power #s it puts down. Thanks enjoy your new beast
Old 11-07-2015, 11:35 AM   #32
Candr3535

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Triple Black Vert M6 #5591
Will do Mike, should be done my thanksgiving, I hope
Dyna-Tech Headers Ceramic Coated w/Super Flo Cats, JRE Custom Rough Idle Racing Cam Package and 125 RWHP Pulley Kit w/ 28% pulley, Custom Tune by Ted, ID850 injectors, JMS Fuel Booster, NGK Plugs, MSD Plug Wires, Roto-Fab CAI, Roto-Fab Big Gulp, Elite Catch Can, Mild to Wild, 90mm VMaxx Ported Throttle Body, Skip Shift Elim., D3 Coolant Resevoir, Separated Clutch Resevoir, and Fuzzy Red Dice..
Candr3535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 08:11 AM   #33
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike-ZL1 View Post
Ya can't go wrong with Ted and his crew. I am getting the same cam. I have listened to some sound clips on YouTube with other ZL1s with this cam. and sounds real strong I can't wait. but I am doing install myself in garage taking my time this winter and doing more mods at same time. so you will have yours installed before me so let me know what you think. Thanks. Ted what horsepower you think the factory ZL1 clutch can handle before slipping starts. Thanks
It really depends on how it is driven.

In a road race sutiation I would guess somewhere around 850 RWHP

If you overheat it or burn it much less.

It is not really a drag race clutch so if you make a mistake you could damage it.

Where an RPS is a drag race clutch it can take multiple beatings and recover.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 09:48 AM   #34
Mike-ZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
It really depends on how it is driven.

In a road race sutiation I would guess somewhere around 850 RWHP

If you overheat it or burn it much less.

It is not really a drag race clutch so if you make a mistake you could damage it.

Where an RPS is a drag race clutch it can take multiple beatings and recover.

Ted.
Thanks Ted so I should be fine then. never going to drag race my car but road racing is another story. Mostly spirited street driving and car shows
Old 11-12-2015, 08:03 AM   #35
Mike-ZL1

Placed my order last night at for the rough idle blower cam package and more torco can't wait thanks again Ted for your advice and wish me luck on my install . Be in touch soon
Old 11-12-2015, 08:21 AM   #36
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Placed my order last night at for the rough idle blower cam package and more torco can't wait thanks again Ted for your advice and wish me luck on my install . Be in touch soon
Thank you for your business.

Car is going to be a beast.

Ted.
Old 11-12-2015, 09:35 AM   #37
Mike-ZL1

Quote:
Thank you for your business.

Car is going to be a beast.

Ted.
Thanks Ted I can't wait to see how much power I will make with my combo. I am hoping for more than 700 RWHP I plan on taking a lot of material out of the blower and snout and using a lid spacer for more volume in supercharger. Do you have any experience with those lid spacers?
Old 11-12-2015, 09:57 AM   #38
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
Thanks Ted I can't wait to see how much power I will make with my combo. I am hoping for more than 700 RWHP I plan on taking a lot of material out of the blower and snout and using a lid spacer for more volume in supercharger. Do you have any experience with those lid spacers?
I do not and don't see how that would help anything in a Forced induction system.

700 RWHP is common with this package.

Ted.
Old 11-12-2015, 02:52 PM   #39
Mike-ZL1

Quote:
I do not and don't see how that would help anything in a Forced induction system.

700 RWHP is common with this package.

Ted.
It is supposed to increase plenum volume in turn making the the supercharger have more displacement we will see . I guess it is like putting a higher flowing exhaust on an engine frees up flow so it doesn't have to work as hard to push the air and less heat built up in theory.
Old 11-12-2015, 03:14 PM   #40
JANNETTYRACING

Quote:
It is supposed to increase plenum volume in turn making the the supercharger have more displacement we will see . I guess it is like putting a higher flowing exhaust on an engine frees up flow so it doesn't have to work as hard to push the air and less heat built up in theory.
Displacement is Fixed by the rotor size and can not be changed.

Amazing the internet myths that pop up.
Old 11-12-2015, 06:59 PM   #41
ZO6 Bryan

Drives: 02 Z06, 95 Trans Am, 2012 ZL1
The lid spacers were designed with the CTS-V in mind. The Caddy's lid is very close to the intercooler brick and obstructs flow as the air moves up out of the brick. Air has to make a 90 deg turn immediately because the lid is only about an inch away from the brick. The ZL1 has a better lid with more space already.
Old 11-12-2015, 08:17 PM   #42
Mike-ZL1

Thanks for the info guys. Not going to get it if gains are not that benifishal.