Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2021, 10:33 PM   #1
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Drives: 6 on the Flo' Super Sport
GM Rep ends up looking like a real fool

These are the idiots in GM's management today.

https://rumble.com/vdgeh7-ep.-2392a-...troys-fed.html

Go to...5:40 min in on the video.

Last edited by MackSteelPrivateEye; 01-31-2021 at 10:34 PM. Reason: dd
Old 02-01-2021, 06:47 AM   #2
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
Not surprising to me MackSteel! There are idiots in every corporation now.
Old 02-01-2021, 07:33 AM   #3
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
Electricity is magic!

It just flows from the plug....
Old 02-01-2021, 12:44 PM   #4
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
Similar conversations were probably happening during the transition from horse/buggy to gas powered car in the early 1900s... time will tell who's ahead of the curve in this case.
Jesus forget that f'ing argument about the horse/buggy. Everyone needs to forget about that because it's got nothing to do with internal combustion engines.

No one ever said "man the horse/buggy is so much more fun than driving an internal combustion engine, shifting through the gears, reving it up, hearing it".

And don't even start with "well what about manual chokes and carburetors being replaced with direct injection"..... again, it's about the engine. Think before you post.

THAT'S the point.
Old 02-01-2021, 12:53 PM   #5
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
The more thorough "well to wheel" studies I've seen on both powertrain types shows otherwise, but I'd be interested to understand what studies you're referencing. Once the infrastructure is in place and/or improved (ie. charging station density & capability, efficient power plants, improved battery recycling) and battery technology improved & less expensive, it will not be long before it's a no-brainer from a total cost of ownership, performance, efficiency, and total emissions standpoint for passenger cars to use electric propulsion vs. gas engine.

Also, wasn't Barra in charge of GM during the R&D (Nurburgring trips, etc) and implementation of our beloved 6th gens? Also cars like the CTS-V, C8, CT4-V / CT5-V debuted (or will debut) under her. From your comments it sounds like you've got a personal vendetta against her, but she's probably a lot smarter than you give her credit for, with a lot of data to back up the direction they're going.

Similar conversations were probably happening during the transition from horse/buggy to gas powered car in the early 1900s... time will tell who's ahead of the curve in this case.
Some people have a strange hatred for Mary. Not sure where it comes from. She is an outstanding leader and widely recognized as such. Not sure if it's just sexism (comes across that way with some of the words used) or lack of knowledge how the industry actually works or politicized view of EVs (which oddly is happening all over unless you like Teslas, then it's just advanced technology).

What she is doing now is beyond bold. She recognizes that to stick your head in the sand and continue on is a path to being even more irrelevant than GM is today. On the coasts, a lot of people don't even recognize GM as a car maker.

Going BIG with EVs is a gamble. GM will have to do it better than Tesla for it to work. Cadillac, to go all in 100% EV will have to offer more, better, faster, longer range etc. than Tesla. And if GM does get an EV priced to the point that you can buy one at the equal price or less than an ICE they have a chance. But clearly doing the same thing they've done for 30 years wasn't working.

But to be clear, GM isn't doing this just to meet California regs, they are doing it to become relevant again across the board.
Old 02-01-2021, 01:05 PM   #6
KenMaro

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS manual
I think it comes down to change. Most people do not like change. It's uncomfortable, having to adapt to something new goes against the grain. Repetition and habits keep that warm and fuzzy feeling inside, as soon as something different occurs it can put people off balance. There are some who adapt faster than others, some who just go with the flow, but in general most people do not like and do not want change.
Old 02-01-2021, 01:09 PM   #7
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenMaro View Post
I think it comes down to change. Most people do not like change. It's uncomfortable, having to adapt to something new goes against the grain. Repetition and habits keep that warm and fuzzy feeling inside, as soon as something different occurs it can put people off balance. There are some who adapt faster than others, some who just go with the flow, but in general most people do not like and do not want change.
Which is exactly the reason you DON'T force electric cars on people.

If people want them, let the market dictate.

They let the market dictate on SUVs. Why not let the market dictate on electrics?

We know the answer. Too many people just won't speak the truth or are naive and believe what they're told.
Old 02-01-2021, 01:32 PM   #8
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH View Post
Windmills cause cancer.
WM's killing birds.....

https://stopthesethings.com/tag/wind-farms-kill-birds/
Old 02-01-2021, 01:34 PM   #9
MackSteelPrivateEye
Banned

Quote:
The more thorough "well to wheel" studies I've seen on both powertrain types shows otherwise, but I'd be interested to understand what studies you're referencing. Once the infrastructure is in place and/or improved (ie. charging station density & capability, efficient power plants, improved battery recycling) and battery technology improved & less expensive, it will not be long before it's a no-brainer from a total cost of ownership, performance, efficiency, and total emissions standpoint for passenger cars to use electric propulsion vs. gas engine.

Also, wasn't Barra in charge of GM during the R&D (Nurburgring trips, etc) and implementation of our beloved 6th gens? Also cars like the CTS-V, C8, CT4-V / CT5-V debuted (or will debut) under her. From your comments it sounds like you've got a personal vendetta against her, but she's probably a lot smarter than you give her credit for, with a lot of data to back up the direction they're going.

Barra was and still is nothing but a figurehead for the stock holders and politically correct community.
Old 02-01-2021, 04:19 PM   #10
17rsvert

Drives: 2017 HBM 2LT RS Convertible V6 A8
Quote:

Similar conversations were probably happening during the transition from horse/buggy to gas powered car in the early 1900s...
Yeah, I'm sure there were animated debates back then about which causes more green house gasses; gasoline engines, or horse flatulence...
Old 02-01-2021, 04:31 PM   #11
UnknownJinX

Drives: 19 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE Shock
Quote:

I was gonna say that as well.

Source?

Production is more polluting, of course, but you have to account for lifetime emissions as well.

Sent from toaster or something

GM Performance Intake and that's it, because driver mods before car mods

Past:
2009 Mazda RX-8 GT M6 Velocity Red Mica (Sold)
2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z51 2LT M7 Velocity Yellow Tintcoat (Flood totaled)
Old 02-01-2021, 04:31 PM   #12
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17rsvert View Post
Yeah, I'm sure there were animated debates back then about which causes more green house gasses; gasoline engines, or horse flatulence...
It wasn’t the flatulent, it was the actual crap.

I watched a documentary on it. IIRC it said that NY collected enough horse crap in one week to fill the Empire State Building 4 or 5 stories.

Not to mention the man hours of dealing with it.

Then there’s the shear amount they eat & the storage to house it & the horses/buggies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnknownJinX View Post
I was gonna say that as well.

Source?

Production is more polluting, of course, but you have to account for lifetime emissions as well.

Sent from toaster or something
Where is all the needed infrastructure money needed coming from? The power plants? The .gov, or us? With the incompetence, corruption & wastefulness of government officials it would be an unmitigated disaster.

Should electricity cost be quadruple or more to fund this solution looking for a problem when gasoline is around $2/ gal right now?

We are 20+ TRILLION in debt, our economy’s had been wrecked by fear.

What, money printer just go BRRRRRRR?
Old 02-01-2021, 04:37 PM   #13
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
As someone who lives north of the Twin Cities and likes to take road trips quite often, and EV is not for me. If I want to drive the 6 hours to Thunder Bay or somewhere across the border to fish, I can make it there on one fill up. With an EV, how many times will I have to stop, recharge, and wait? Plus, if you are hauling a boat and all your gear that will reduce your charge even more. I don't forsee there being a big demand for these type of vehicles in rural areas. Sure the coasts and big metro areas they might work, but not for people that like to drive to their long destination.
"Green Flash"
Old 02-01-2021, 04:47 PM   #14
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by MackSteelPrivateEye View Post
Barra was and still is nothing but a figurehead for the stock holders and politically correct community.
Exactly.
Closed Thread