Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 01-18-2018, 01:10 PM   #1
The camaro show

Drives: 2015 camaro 2lt
TT vs supercharger options for lfx

So I’ve saved up 7k so far and it’s getting closer to boosting the lfx and I’m really looking for options I was really thinking of turbos but then I saw ipf and apparently vortec makes some too I know nothing about them tho but I’d make more power and boost because the overkill kit only makes 10-12 psi and that’s stage 2. I want to build the car right and want to do forged rods and pistons also can somebody explain to me the use and meth and how it is on the lfx. And please no trade up comments I’m looking to be a ss and zl1 killer I’d be happy with 550whp at first but the goal is 600whp. I’d appreciate all info on the different kits.
Cosmetic mods: SS hood with painted vent, SS bumper, acs 1le front lip black, big worm gfx tinted all lights, solar wing v2, Camaro seat belt pads and oracle color shift halos and fog light halos and rear colorshift bow tie, carbon creations carbon fiber stingray z spoiler
Wheels: lexani r-3 bg finish 19x8.5
Performance: cold air inductions intake, mrt v1, jacfab ported intake manifold, intake manifold spacer, overkill tuned on E85.
The camaro show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 02:42 PM   #2
Cenafan85

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by The camaro show View Post
So I’ve saved up 7k so far and it’s getting closer to boosting the lfx and I’m really looking for options I was really thinking of turbos but then I saw ipf and apparently vortec makes some too I know nothing about them tho but I’d make more power and boost because the overkill kit only makes 10-12 psi and that’s stage 2. I want to build the car right and want to do forged rods and pistons also can somebody explain to me the use and meth and how it is on the lfx. And please no trade up comments I’m looking to be a ss and zl1 killer I’d be happy with 550whp at first but the goal is 600whp. I’d appreciate all info on the different kits.
You will end up spending more than what a SS cost
Old 01-18-2018, 02:52 PM   #3
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
If I give you $10 towards your goal, will you take a class on punctuation and grammar?
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 02:56 PM   #4
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
^LMAO. What's up, bud?

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 04:02 PM   #5
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
^LMAO. What's up, bud?
How have you been Mark? Hating winter as much as I am?
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 04:08 PM   #6
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
You're looking $10k+ and it will nickel and dime you as well as affect reliability. Equal funds put into an SS or ZL1 will leave you in the dust. This is the dilemma with modifying the LLT/LFX. You're going to have a much lower ceiling. Sure, you'll outrun some stock or basic boltons but after that? Probably not. I'm all for modifying a V6 but keep the expectations realistic. I did an IPF kit on my 2010 2LT. Fun but not what I'd expected. Would have kept it if I could have afforded the multiple payments but ended up trading up to an SS. Night and day. Still have a '14 2LT but the wife won't let me boost it.

Overkill would be the kit I'd advise if you're going supercharged. IPF doesn't make kits anymore. I don't know who makes twin kits at this point. STS, from what I've read, are problematic so wouldn't advise that route.

Meth is used to cool intake temps. Lower intake temps lowers the chance of detonation and can up the boost & timing. I'm sure someone will elaborate or correct if I'm off but that's it in a nutshell.

Read up on JantzenOKC's build and MagnumForceGB's build threads in the V6 forced induction forum. Lots of information there. Probably a better place for these questions as well.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 06:34 PM   #7
The camaro show

How was it not what you expected?
Cosmetic mods: SS hood with painted vent, SS bumper, acs 1le front lip black, big worm gfx tinted all lights, solar wing v2, Camaro seat belt pads and oracle color shift halos and fog light halos and rear colorshift bow tie, carbon creations carbon fiber stingray z spoiler
Performance: cold air inductions intake, mrt v1, jacfab ported intake manifold, intake manifold spacer, overkill tuned on E85.
Old 01-18-2018, 07:15 PM   #8
gpskinzhut

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10
Quote:
How was it not what you expected?
Torque wasn’t there. some improvement but no not what I’d expected it to be. That was with the standard IPF kit on an LLT which wasn’t as good as the Overkill kit on an LFX. That’s just my frame of reference.

2017 ZL1 A10
2017 2SS M6: (SOLD) || 2014 2LT Convertible: (SOLD) || 2010 2LT M6 Supercharged:(SOLD) || 1987 IROC-Z 5.0 M5: (SOLD)
gpskinzhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 10:52 AM   #9
The camaro show

bump