Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 05-11-2013, 01:02 PM   #1
BlueAc

Drives: Acura TL (for now)
I'm getting close...

I just got home from looking at a 2013 Summit White 1LE. The car is pretty much loaded the way I wanted with the exception of it having a (VAS) Color matched grille and (CF5) Power Sunroof. If I were to have placed a custom order I would have deleted those 2 but they are not really a deal breaker. Other than that it is loaded to my liking. It has a sticker price of 45670.00 and with my GM dealer supply discount it would come to 43837.00 and then of course the 1,000 incentive would come off of that. Along with the $1000 Private if I can score one from the Chevy website. My question is the dealer told me there really isn't any wiggle room with the dealer supply price, is this true? What kind of numbers are you guys working? I looked for a thread like this and it does probably exist, I couldn't find it.
BlueAc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:40 PM   #2
S3XPanther
by Odeon

Drives: '12 SS/RS A6 IOM SOLD, '13 1LE IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAc View Post
I just got home from looking at a 2013 Summit White 1LE. The car is pretty much loaded the way I wanted with the exception of it having a (VAS) Color matched grille and (CF5) Power Sunroof. If I were to have placed a custom order I would have deleted those 2 but they are not really a deal breaker. Other than that it is loaded to my liking. It has a sticker price of 45670.00 and with my GM dealer supply discount it would come to 43837.00 and then of course the 1,000 incentive would come off of that. Along with the $1000 Private if I can score one from the Chevy website. My question is the dealer told me there really isn't any wiggle room with the dealer supply price, is this true? What kind of numbers are you guys working? I looked for a thread like this and it does probably exist, I couldn't find it.
No, of course it isn't true.

Most people can get them for supplier, but push a little and try for invoice.

And, I don't see how he can deny you the 1k incentive and 1k private offer.

"Some say it's a waste of time, others say it's an incredible waste of time."

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

2013 IOM SS/RS - 1LE. Born 5/6/2013 (1 of 32 1SS IOM 1LE's)
S3XPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:24 PM   #3
BlueAc

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3XPanther View Post
No, of course it isn't true.

Most people can get them for supplier, but push a little and try for invoice.

And, I don't see how he can deny you the 1k incentive and 1k private offer.
Sorry if I wasn't clear but the dealer didn't deny me any incentives. He just stated that he could't go any lower than the supplier price and that price is lower than what they paid for the car. I know that last statement was complete BS, because I know they wouldn't sell a car to make no profit. I'm just wondering how much to try and reduce it. Where do you guys go to find this info?
Old 05-11-2013, 02:34 PM   #4
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
There is a 3% holdback on vehicles, but then your messing with their profitability, you'd have to get them in a position where they need that sale in order to meet quota. Best time to negotiate is at end of month, end of year and end of MY. If you want to know what invoice is, just go to Autotrader.com or Cars.com and build the car with all the same options and it will give you invoice pricing as well as a fair price and MSRP.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #5
Southern Comfort
No Tags/Habitual Violator

Drives: 2012 SIM 2SS/RS & z71
Let them know if you are a USAA member, and they will take another 750 off.
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #6
BlueAc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
There is a 3% holdback on vehicles, but then your messing with their profitability, you'd have to get them in a position where they need that sale in order to meet quota. Best time to negotiate is at end of month, end of year and end of MY. If you want to know what invoice is, just go to Autotrader.com or Cars.com and build the car with all the same options and it will give you invoice pricing as well as a fair price and MSRP.
Thanks for that info, that's exactly what I was looking for. I built the car on Cars.com using the build sheet the dealer gave me. The invoice price came out to be $43,188.00, looks like I'm about $649 above it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Comfort View Post
Let them know if you are a USAA member, and they will take another 750 off.
I already did that lol... Anything thing else I'm missing?
Old 05-11-2013, 03:06 PM   #7
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueAc View Post
Thanks for that info, that's exactly what I was looking for. I built the car on Cars.com using the build sheet the dealer gave me. The invoice price came out to be $43,188.00, looks like I'm about $649 above it.

I already did that lol... Anything thing else I'm missing?
So with your incentives and rebates, that should put you at $41087. That's a pretty fair price for a loaded 1LE.

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:07 PM   #8
fgg60
Sweet Annie!! BRM

Drives: '13 2SS/RS 1LE BRM NPP CF5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad@ssCamaro View Post
There is a 3% holdback on vehicles,
True... I got my car with a GM Employee Discount, $1000 Cash Back, $1500 Employee Vehicle Allowance and $1000 Special Offer off the website... SO you should be able to do the same.
Good Luck! Hope you are able to close the deal!
Old 05-11-2013, 04:24 PM   #9
BlueAc

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgg60 View Post
True... I got my car with a GM Employee Discount, $1000 Cash Back, $1500 Employee Vehicle Allowance and $1000 Special Offer off the website... SO you should be able to do the same.
Good Luck! Hope you are able to close the deal!
I'm hoping I can get the private offer this week. Thanks man!
Old 05-11-2013, 09:51 PM   #10
BRMike

Drives: 2017 Corvette
Good luck!

I came pretty close to trading in my GTO on a IOM 2SS 1LE this afternoon. I'm still thinking of pulling the trigger, but I'm attached to my GTO. I've had it nearly nine years.
BRMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:18 PM   #11
Midnight Rat

Drives: SS 1LE
One thing you can do about the grill is tell the dealer not to install it and you can sell it on your own.
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 11:06 PM   #12
DHSS

Drives: Empty
Invoice, minus holdback, minus all rebates. Triple net. Walk if they don't do it. Camaros are a dime a dozen right now
DHSS is offline   Reply With Quote