Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 05-16-2008, 03:13 PM   #127
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Indeed. It costs less to fuel new muscle cars now then it did back in the day, once inflation and fuel economy has been taken into account. Though that may change at $4.50-$5.00/gallon.
Back in the day my '69 Z/28 DZ302 got 4-6mpg city (cause my foot was usually "in it") and if you were really careful about 12mpg hwy. I didn't worry too much about it as back in '69-'70 I was only paying around 30 cents a gallon for gas (Sunoco 260) though I was only earning about $200-230 a week.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 03:18 PM   #128
AirGoya

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
mmmm. You might want to check again.
The shift controls on both sides of the wheel do the same thing (there's one on both sides for asthetics, and in case one hand is freer than the other maybe? ). Anyways; on either side: you push for upshift, or pull for downshift.
wow, wierd. Thats news to me. That would get really anoying. Well thanks for correcting me.

AirGoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 03:42 PM   #129
Shadowsong

Drives: 2014 Mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega94 View Post
Have you ever driven a car with the gate shifter? I'll be honest with you...if you haven't...it's not that fun. In fact, I don't think it's fun at all...I think that if there will be any sort of "manual" shifting for the automatic...it'll be paddle shifters (the Malibu even has that)...I've never driven a car with paddle shifters...but I have driven one with the gate shifters...and I'm actually glad that this pre-pro isn't showing it...
Nah, you think I'm talking about Driver Shift Control (DSC)

The G8GT Tranny has 3 modes:
Regular -obvious...

Sport - Slide the shifter over to the right and the shifting is made more aggressive (lol... thats factory 'aggressive')

And DSC- when the shifter is in sport mode you can tap it up or down to shift the gears yourself.

I was hoping for this tranny because from what I've read on the g8 boards sport mode and normal mode can be tuned separately, so tuners are leaving normal mode more or less the same but tuning the sport mode to be an absolute street monster.
Shadowsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 05:22 PM   #130
Bowtie Guy Z28

Drives: 98' Z28 08 CC Z71 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Nice pix. Interior looks the same at the pix we saw months ago, but will less tape and dust on the dash. Overall look of the interior has my approval. Production may proceed.

It looks like they added some pieces to close some gaps, took off some tape, and armoral'd. I wouldn't say these pics are anything shocking or unexpected. It's exactly what I expected and imagined from seeing the original pics months ago. I really think I will be pleasantly surprised and happy when I'm actually sitting in the driver seat. To put it into perspective before I bought my truck I Liked the pictures of the interior online. Once I drove it at a dealership I thought SH!T, I LOVE this interior and HAVE to get this truck. Then I proceeded to pretend that it was mediocore to get a good deal.

The "Z": BBK Intake, 85 MM Power TB, Smooth Bellow, SLP Lid, K&N, SLP Panhard, Strut Tower Brace, Spec Stage 2+ Racing Clutch, MSD Wires, Performance Exhaust
Bowtie Guy Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 05:50 PM   #131
C3GM

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
Vents are part of the interior and if it looks slapped together as an afterthought (vent rollers 1 inch from the vent left and right?), ala, the C/K series dashes of the 1990s, people's first thought is.. " What kinda Cheap.....?" As is mine. Minor Details, ducting issues, etc., exacerbate these issues, but c'mon... Ground-up design..couldn't be that hard.

I don't like annoying key-fobs dangling and bugging my leg/knee when I am driving. My Bonneville never had this issue as the key was on the dash. My Mustang reminds me of just how irritating this issue is.

Pushbuttton / Remote starts are just a thing of modern evolution, else they wouldn't have it in the Solstice.
C3GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 05:58 PM   #132
C3GM

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
Nearly all Lexus Models, most Hondas, nearly all performance Chevrolets, Pontiacs, and even Hyuundai gets in on the act. The button uses a remote transmitter from the Key-fob in orderto determine who is in the car. This can tell the car all types of information about the driver, from settings of the seats, to controlling the position of the pedals, mirrors, speed-control devices, and so on and so forth.
C3GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 06:31 PM   #133
shadowed_Stranger
WAITING!

Drives: 97 V6 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG836 View Post
That would be the Flux Capacitor!
no silly....

flux capacitors light up!
shadowed_Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 06:32 PM   #134
shadowed_Stranger
WAITING!

Drives: 97 V6 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmytireshredsGT View Post

anyone seen these????
Does that look like a short throw shifter to anyone else? w00t!
shadowed_Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 06:47 PM   #135
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by C3GM View Post
Nearly all Lexus Models, most Hondas, nearly all performance Chevrolets, Pontiacs, and even Hyuundai gets in on the act. The button uses a remote transmitter from the Key-fob in orderto determine who is in the car. This can tell the car all types of information about the driver, from settings of the seats, to controlling the position of the pedals, mirrors, speed-control devices, and so on and so forth.
sounds like most of those cars are up-market from the Camaro. The prime competitor to the Camaro is your Mustang, which still uses a traditional key. Personally, I see pushbutton starts as 'gee whiz gadgetry' which is impressive to some but provides no extra functionality, adds a bit of cost (particularly to get the power adjustables to their preset positions) and does not fit the image of the Camaro. Thats just my opinion though. You are entitled to yours. To hear what others on the site have to say regarding push start for the Camaro, please feel free to visit this thread: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2812
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 08:42 PM   #136
gunslinger

Drives: 1998 Z28 M6
I really want the oil pressure readout to be somewhere NEAR the tach/speedo so I don't have to turn my head to read a VERY important gauge.

Or maybe I am just OCD about having oil pressure while my motor is running.

I guess I should be lucky to even have an OP gauge with numbers on it unlike certain other cars with a needle that points from "Low" to "High"...

EDIT: Those tires do not look anywhere near thin enough to be a 275/40/20 tires. I have a 275/40/17 on my Camaro sitting out front and my sidewall looks to be about half of what is in the pictures. Since I have the same tread width and sidewall ratio that is claimed, the tire should be same height as mine. It could all be an optical illusion, we will all just have to wait and see.

Last edited by gunslinger; 05-16-2008 at 08:54 PM.
gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 09:15 PM   #137
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Congoman775 View Post
i dont see paddle shifters.

i wonder how those illuminated gauges look in person...
They appear to be the same as the gauges in our '08 Equinox Sport. And they look great in the Equinox.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 09:17 PM   #138
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
It's more likely (and this is just me) that it's just a glossy green piece of paper taped to the dash. Would be neat to have a little screen over there, but naw - I don't think it is.
That's all I'm seeing too. It's just a piece of paper slapped onto the dash with a large piece of scotch/packing tape.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 10:13 PM   #139
COPO_Chevy

Drives: 2015 Malibu 1LT; '87 Grand Prix LE
Send a message via MSN to COPO_Chevy
Quote:
"Your eyes can decieve you. Don't trust them." :
lol whippen out the star wars quotes love it! :fighting0040: haha star wars fan #2 here

but again about the interior and everything about the car thus far, GM your doing an awesome job! keep it up!!
COPO_Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 11:02 PM   #140
68RS

Drives: '68 327 RS, 2010 2SS/RS
Beautiful! I'm likeing teh interior much more. But I'm hoping my Camaro doesn't have tape holding the trim on, but I'm sure I can always get out my glue gun!
68RS is offline   Reply With Quote