Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 05-13-2018, 07:33 PM   #1
tlamb2
WHPLSH

Drives: 2010 SS Maggie,ARH,Meth,AFE Coilove
Great Dyno results yesterday

So the last time the car was on the dyno was 2011 when I had the Maggie and meth installed and since then I have changed the meth system and went from a 5 nozzle to a 10 on the meth and added a JRE tensioner and boost activated cutouts, I am running stock fuel system and 60 lb injectors that came with the maggie and a 3.3 pully, ARH headers, CAI, Maggie 2300, Austin at http://paragonengines.com/ formally RPM Motorsports in Santa Clarita California did the tuning they also did the maggie install in 2011. So 7yrs later and 30k miles put on the car, Austin picked up better numbers than the original install he said my injectors were maxed out at 5900 rpm. Awesome tuner anyone in SoCal looking for a tuner he is the man.Name:  dyno_LI.jpg
Views: 1344
Size:  123.9 KB
Name:  TomsssonMeth_LI.jpg
Views: 743
Size:  201.3 KB

tlamb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 03:04 AM   #2
Slickcas

Drives: 12' 2SS/RS LS3 IBM
Nice
Slickcas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 02:11 PM   #3
sscamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS, 2017 Silverado LTZ
I was running out of fuel at 6000 rpm after the E-Force S/C was installed. I them installed a ZL1 fuel pump and 72# injectors. That took care of the fuel problem. See mods below.
2010 2SS/RS Victory Red, MN6, 1-7/8 Kooks LT Headers, SLP Axle Back, Edelbrock E-Force S/C, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 72# Injectors, JRE fuel rail upgrade, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite Catch Can, Billet Hurst Shifter, DSS 1000HP axles, Spohn Trailing Arms, Toe Links, Lower Control Arms. Chrome American Racing Torq-Thrust wheels. 546/rwhp & 522/rwtq & 10.9# boost Tune by Jeremy Formato.
sscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 04:00 PM   #4
Juiced1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 2SS CAMARO 45th
I pump upgrade would be a good idea. Your A/F looks solid but you are on the high side for that pump. Is that a A6 or M6 car?
Juiced1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 10:33 PM   #5
tlamb2
WHPLSH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juiced1 View Post
I pump upgrade would be a good idea. Your A/F looks solid but you are on the high side for that pump. Is that a A6 or M6 car?
It is an M6 so I guess my next mod will be a pump I also need a clutch I have the ACT twin disk but it drives me crazy and chatters like crazy it still sticks but the chatter is bad. My tuner said a ZL1 clutch would work well any ideas?
Old 05-14-2018, 11:54 PM   #6
Moreair1

Drives: 2011 ss convertible
Monster lt-1 twin if your happy with your power level, but if your going for more a monster lt-1 triple, do it once and do it right
Old 05-15-2018, 05:22 PM   #7
stevieturbo

Drives: it changes
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlamb2 View Post
It is an M6 so I guess my next mod will be a pump I also need a clutch I have the ACT twin disk but it drives me crazy and chatters like crazy it still sticks but the chatter is bad. My tuner said a ZL1 clutch would work well any ideas?
ACT make a variety of clutches...exactly which do you have ?

Their organic plated versions should drive like stock. With only 600hp or so, you wont be troubling one of those at all, absolutely no need for the puck style discs which will be more aggressive.
stevieturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 09:53 PM   #8
tlamb2
WHPLSH

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevieturbo View Post
ACT make a variety of clutches...exactly which do you have ?

Their organic plated versions should drive like stock. With only 600hp or so, you wont be troubling one of those at all, absolutely no need for the puck style discs which will be more aggressive.
I have no idea which one it is all I know is it drives me crazy with the chatter my tuner said it was one of the old styles and they have better ones now but he said ZL1 clutch would drive like stock, has anyone tried that clutch?
Old 05-16-2018, 10:47 PM   #9
fif_gen_powa

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS Turbo
Quote:
I have no idea which one it is all I know is it drives me crazy with the chatter my tuner said it was one of the old styles and they have better ones now but he said ZL1 clutch would drive like stock, has anyone tried that clutch?

zl1 clutch is not that great, monster lt1-s drives like stock and will actually take some abuse
fif_gen_powa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 11:43 PM   #10
SeaCompiler
...not a marine biologist

Drives: 2012 Camaro RY SS LS3
I just bought a LT1-S Monster from a vendor in NC along with a new slave and billet pilot. I can't wait to try it out!
Forged 416 stroker Turbocharged with Huron Speed with Cam Motion custom grind,Tuned by Vengeance, 8psi, 25% PowerBond UDP, Ported TB, shaved heads, LS9 gaskets, chromoly pushrods, BT trunnions & dual valve springs, IWIS, Might Mouse CC, SJM Line Lock,, MSD 2-Step, ZL1 Rear End, ZL1 spoiler, Strut Brace, ARP bolts, Skip shift elim, A-Pillar Gauges, FR Style 41 20X10, 3 inch exhaust, blackouts, Lowered, Custom badges, Hines vents,RPI fender vents, Technostalgia Tail Lights, Metra Kit, Pioneer stereo, Morimoto RGB Halos,
"The Great Awakening" on gab.com
SeaCompiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 04:30 AM   #11
stevieturbo

Drives: it changes
Quote:

Old style ? Their designs havent changed in years really.

I think the one I used for a few years I bought maybe 8-9 years ago.

There is no reason for a ZL1 to drive any differently than a twin organic ACT or indeed any other organic style disc....but without knowing what you have or why it isnt behaving as it should....who knows.

if you have the kit with the puck style discs, then cheapest option is just replace the 2 discs with organic material because yours should drive like stock with those.
stevieturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 04:04 PM   #12
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '11 2SS/RS IBM/BLK M6
Run the Triple here. Very Happy with it. Great Clutch for Track and Street imho

ProCharger Stage II D1X Race ,Monster Triple,Alky Control Meth Inj, Forgestar F14 Drag Version and a bunch of other blah blah blah.838/688 at 12lbs Street Friendly
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 08:35 PM   #13
tlamb2
WHPLSH

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaCompiler View Post
I just bought a LT1-S Monster from a vendor in NC along with a new slave and billet pilot. I can't wait to try it out!
How much was that clutch if you don't mind me asking and is 600$ sound about right for a new clutch install, Thanks

Nevermind I found the website and price This I what I will be going with the 700hp twin premium

Last edited by tlamb2; 05-18-2018 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Found answer
Old 05-18-2018, 11:40 PM   #14
SeaCompiler
...not a marine biologist

Drives: 2012 Camaro RY SS LS3
Quote:
How much was that clutch if you don't mind me asking and is 600$ sound about right for a new clutch install, Thanks

Nevermind I found the website and price This I what I will be going with the 700hp twin premium
I bought mine from Tick. Best price around and no sales tax for me. Just call em. Not sure on your install quote. I am doing mine in my shop while the engine is out. I always dreamed of having a Monster brand clutch.
Forged 416 stroker Turbocharged with Huron Speed with Cam Motion custom grind,Tuned by Vengeance, 8psi, 25% PowerBond UDP, Ported TB, shaved heads, LS9 gaskets, chromoly pushrods, BT trunnions & dual valve springs, IWIS, Might Mouse CC, SJM Line Lock,, MSD 2-Step, ZL1 Rear End, ZL1 spoiler, Strut Brace, ARP bolts, Skip shift elim, A-Pillar Gauges, FR Style 41 20X10, 3 inch exhaust, blackouts, Lowered, Custom badges, Hines vents,RPI fender vents, Technostalgia Tail Lights, Metra Kit, Pioneer stereo, Morimoto RGB Halos,
"The Great Awakening" on gab.com
SeaCompiler is offline   Reply With Quote