Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 06-18-2018, 10:17 AM   #43
Slvr-camaro15

Drives: 2010 SS /RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwdan View Post
For those of you that have installed these headers specifically, did you have to use O2 extension cables?
Yes I did
Old 06-18-2018, 11:53 AM   #44
pnwdan

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slvr-camaro15 View Post
Yes I did
the stock wire wouldn't reach?
Old 06-18-2018, 11:56 AM   #45
Slvr-camaro15

Quote:
Not sure . But it wasn't expensive so I just ordered them . And the guy installed it . He had told me to order them . I'm guessing cus the stock ones wouldn't reach
Old 06-18-2018, 12:02 PM   #46
pnwdan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slvr-camaro15 View Post
Not sure . But it wasn't expensive so I just ordered them . And the guy installed it . He had told me to order them . I'm guessing cus the stock ones wouldn't reach
Yeah I need to order them I guess. I have everything else. Just didn't realize I needed them so I didn't order them. Guess Ill just do it and wait for them to come.
Old 06-18-2018, 12:17 PM   #47
go_go_gadget88

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS ABM 6M
Quote:
No, they won't reach without the extensions. The ones I got were longer than needed, (stock ones aren't THAT much shorter) but it gives some room to get them tied up and out of the way like this.
2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS/RS LS3 6 Speed -- Rotofab CAI | Speed Engineering 1 7/8" Longtubes w/ cat Delete | Magnaflow competition catback | TSP 231/246 cam| TSP .660" Dual Springs | TSP CNC Ported Heads | Bo White PTB | Powell Bronze Trunnion bushings | 3.91's | BC Catch Can
go_go_gadget88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 09:10 PM   #48
oslouie

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_go_gadget88 View Post
No, they won't reach without the extensions. The ones I got were longer than needed, (stock ones aren't THAT much shorter) but it gives some room to get them tied up and out of the way like this.
Are we talking extensions for the front sensors or the rears that we can have shut off by with a tune?
oslouie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 09:21 AM   #49
go_go_gadget88

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS ABM 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by oslouie View Post
Are we talking extensions for the front sensors or the rears that we can have shut off by with a tune?
Front sensors. The rears would be roughly in the same place they were before, but these don't have cats or a place to run the rear sensors.

Here is a pic of the stock setup right next to the speed engineering setup. You can see the front o2 sensors get moved down on next to the midpipe.

2010 Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS/RS LS3 6 Speed -- Rotofab CAI | Speed Engineering 1 7/8" Longtubes w/ cat Delete | Magnaflow competition catback | TSP 231/246 cam| TSP .660" Dual Springs | TSP CNC Ported Heads | Bo White PTB | Powell Bronze Trunnion bushings | 3.91's | BC Catch Can
go_go_gadget88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 11:48 AM   #50
pnwdan

Yeah I ended up ordering mine yesterday. Just waiting on them to finish the install. Its literally 4"-6" too short.

I did read on another forum about some guys just using the rear sensors from a C5 Vette because they have a giant pigtail on them.
Old 06-19-2018, 01:03 PM   #51
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
I have had Speed Engineering long tube headers and race pipe connections with a muffler delete on for a year now and running Nitrous at the track. No problems they are very good headers. I will say it is not quiet but I'm fine with it.
Back In The Saddle - Earley 2010 2SS IBM A6 #10244 Built - Roto-Fab CAI, Muffler/CAT Delete, 17" Mickey Thompson ET DRs, RDP Tune, ZL1 Fuel Pump,
BW Stage II Ported TB, Speed Engineering 1-7/8" Longtubes, ZEX Nitrous 125HP Shot, Lingenfelter 160* Stat, NGK TR6IX Spark Plugs & Elite Catch Can.
TCI Line Lock, JRE Trans Dipstick, BMR Trailing Arms & Toe Rods, Amsoil Signature Series 5W-30 - 11.76 sec @ 117.3 - 1.61 sec 60' - 1/4 mile pass
Check Out My Youtube Channel For 5th Gen Camaro Drag Racing & How To Mods https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyG...GR9gDm6PO-27rg
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 01:43 PM   #52
pnwdan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodBoss View Post
I have had Speed Engineering long tube headers and race pipe connections with a muffler delete on for a year now and running Nitrous at the track. No problems they are very good headers. I will say it is not quiet but I'm fine with it.
I cannot wait to fire it up today. Almost wish i left the headers disconnected
Old 06-22-2018, 06:51 PM   #53
Domo14SS

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Quote:
I cannot wait to fire it up today. Almost wish i left the headers disconnected
Sound Clips!!??
Domo14SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 06:03 PM   #54
pnwdan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domo14SS View Post
Sound Clips!!??
I took a few but won't bother. The video literally does it no justice. Sounds so great in person.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 06-26-2018, 11:59 PM   #55
2slik

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Looks like I need to post an update. Hi, I'm the original poster of this thread and am happy to report their have been no issues with these headers. They have discolored some but function flawlessly. A couple questions that seem to pop up regularly,"Do they come with cats?" No, they come with empty off-road pipes that resemble cats and that take the cats place. "Do I need a tune?" Yes, mainly because you delete the cats and the rear O2 sensors and without a tune the computer will throw codes and the car won't rum well. Plus, this is likely your first mod and a tune with really wake your engine up and help it take full advantage of your new long tube headers! "How well do they fit?" Well I can only vouch for the set I installed and they fit perfectly, without issue. Hope this helps.
2slik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 05:49 AM   #56
Slvr-camaro15

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slik View Post
Looks like I need to post an update. Hi, I'm the original poster of this thread and am happy to report their have been no issues with these headers. They have discolored some but function flawlessly. A couple questions that seem to pop up regularly,"Do they come with cats?" No, they come with empty off-road pipes that resemble cats and that take the cats place. "Do I need a tune?" Yes, mainly because you delete the cats and the rear O2 sensors and without a tune the computer will throw codes and the car won't rum well. Plus, this is likely your first mod and a tune with really wake your engine up and help it take full advantage of your new long tube headers! "How well do they fit?" Well I can only vouch for the set I installed and they fit perfectly, without issue. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the detailed feedback . Similar experience here .