Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-26-2008, 03:19 PM   #57
carfansince73

Drives: Carefully
I think it was a pretty good review. I look forward to some tested performance times.

I like how the "Big Boys" have grown up so much. In the early 90's, the Big Boys were running 0-60 around 6 seconds (stock 5.0L Mustang for example). Now a V6 is running those times, getting better mileage, and doing it with a lot more safety and creature comforts. Nice job GM.

As for the redneck jokes, at least the Camaro isn't in the redneck 12 days of Christmas song.
carfansince73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 03:39 PM   #58
MajorTom

Drives: 2005 Pontiac GTO
I generally think C&D offers the least biased reviews. And the Camaro stereotypes are still relevant. Even though it's been gone for 6 years. I mention Camaro to some of my friends and they think mullet. Even GMHTP used some mullet references when writing about the 3rd gen.

I think they seem to have unbiased reviews and opinions as well as know their stuff when it comes to subjective observations on a car.

They have a good eye for the excessive too. Like when they commented on the Mustang Cobra Super Snake or whatever. And how it has more power than it can even handle.
MajorTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 04:01 PM   #59
str8himalaya
A lot to learn!

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Transformers Edition
Anyone read the Edmunds review? This is what confuses me:
"The automatic snaps off shifts quickly and smoothly. All autos come with a sequential-shift capability. The driver first puts the console-mounted shifter into the M gate and then shifts with buttons affixed to the top spokes of the steering wheel."

This is like my grand prix, but on the pictures, it doesn't show any shifters, at least i couldn't see them?

Current Mods:
-Spectre CAI
-Straight piped
-Power Wedge
str8himalaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 04:25 PM   #60
MajorTom

Drives: 2005 Pontiac GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio View Post
This concerns me a little. I have a difficult time believing that a suspension setup can be performance oriented and provide good feedback to the driver and at the same time handle a 'pockmarked' road with 'hardly any disturbance'.

Don't get me wrong, the Camaro is no all-out sports car, I am not looking for a super-stiff suspension, but even a 'compromise' setup like the stock sport suspension on a BMW 3 series or Z-4 (non-M) will give you feedback about imperfections in the road in a way that I would not describe as 'hardly any disturbance'.

Hardly any disturbance to the cabin. Perhaps that means rattling trim bits. My GTO could hit a hole in the road and not have any rattles. I don't see why the Camaro which should be a better all around car wouldn't.
MajorTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 04:55 PM   #61
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I guess we can always start calling those people that drive little Foreign Hybrid cars, Tree hugging, Kool-Aid Drinking Muttonheads....
Old 08-26-2008, 05:00 PM   #62
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
I guess we can always start calling those people that drive little Foreign Hybrid cars, Tree hugging, Kool-Aid Drinking Muttonheads....
Yes!!!

oh, that wasn't a yes or no question?
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 06:54 PM   #63
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtahvit View Post
Yes!!!

oh, that wasn't a yes or no question?
No—that wasn't a question. That's just how it is.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2008, 09:21 PM   #64
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by azfan View Post
I'll tell you, i'm really sick of reading Camaro articles, and reading the work "mullet". I actually wrote Motor Trend a couple years ago, and they printed my letter. Are mustang or rice rocket owners a higher class than us??
I don't have a mullet, i don't have lynyrd skynard album, and i don't know anyone who does.

Aside from actually having unfortunately had the dreaded hairstyle-that-shall-not-be-named, I'm about as far from a 'sterotypical' Camaro driver as one can be.

I wouldn't listen to Lynyrd Synard if you paid me, I don't even like 'Classic Rock'. I'm not a redneck.

I actually listen to mostly techno/pop/dance music. I'm a fantasy/Sci-Fi geek who has a library of hundreds of books in the house...

If anyone here ever met me they'd be astonished I'm not driving a Prius. (The Aveo is bad enough...)
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote