Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 10-14-2020, 11:43 AM   #15
ChibiBlackSheep

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS, 1968 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMan918 View Post
I really want to do this this winter. Hopefully I can find the time and patience to actually do it. Planning on orange, since my car is inferno orange.
Have them match the paint code, it would look sick!

And if you can keep your car with all 4 corners in the air and take your time, you shouldn't have an issue. The majority of the time is the prep work. Sanding and cleaning all of the calipers to perfection, and taping everything off that you want to tape off.

Then give yourself a 3-4 hour day of painting.

I broke it up across a week of work. Took 1 day each of sanding and cleaning calipers, then chose a day to do the painting.

ChibiBlackSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 02:08 PM   #16
DMan918

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS Convertible 6MT
You think the custom color is all that necessary? Standard orange is around $50. Custom paint is $125. Seems steep...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiBlackSheep View Post
Have them match the paint code, it would look sick!

And if you can keep your car with all 4 corners in the air and take your time, you shouldn't have an issue. The majority of the time is the prep work. Sanding and cleaning all of the calipers to perfection, and taping everything off that you want to tape off.

Then give yourself a 3-4 hour day of painting.

I broke it up across a week of work. Took 1 day each of sanding and cleaning calipers, then chose a day to do the painting.
DMan918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 02:12 PM   #17
ChibiBlackSheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMan918 View Post
You think the custom color is all that necessary? Standard orange is around $50. Custom paint is $125. Seems steep...
Up to you. When I did it the custom paint was $99, but it will add all of the metallic flake and match.

Depends on how much you think you'll care if the orange doesn't match your orange.

I have red and went with a color match red, because I didn't think I would like the reds not matching.

Old 10-14-2020, 03:12 PM   #18
jokrz187

Drives: 2015 1SS
I think if your going to do a color then pay the extra to match it. I did this on my yellow car and it came out amazing.
Custom TSP Stage 2 Cam/GPI intake Ported Rod Mod /VARARAM CAI/Mishimoto Catch Can/1 LE front & rear sway bars/ engine cover/fuse box custom painted, strut tower brace, Texas Speed LT, Hi Flo Cats, Magnum Tru-X pipe, NGK Spark Plugs, PCM Spark Plug Wire, Painted Calipers, CF Spoiler w/wicker bill.
jokrz187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 06:21 PM   #19
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I did this a few years back. Lasted quite awhile. Mine now have a couple of rock chips (I’m assuming) that need to be addressed. Was very durable.

I’m now torn between doing G2 again or removing calipers completely, stripping, cleaning, and getting powdercoated. I just feel lazy thinking about that.

I’m guessing I should strip the current paint on calipers and start from scratch again? Figured if I tried to jsut touch up, it’d show the divot of where the rock chips removed the initial paint? Or will it level out?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Cold Air Inductions CAI • Stainless Power LT's with HFC's • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • APEX Scoop and WW Relocation Kit • VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Custom Dyno Tune • Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs • ZL1 Rims on 275 front 315 Rear • custome underlay vinyl wrap • Anvil Spoiler • heritage grill • APR Front Splitter • Custom Emblempros emblems • ZL1 Side Skirts • 416.5 whp 410 torque (CURRENTLY) Up Next: BTR Stage 3 Cam and supporting mods (in garage now)
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 05:54 AM   #20
Jtmurillo

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwentyTen2SSRS View Post
I did this a few years back. Lasted quite awhile. Mine now have a couple of rock chips (I’m assuming) that need to be addressed. Was very durable.

I’m now torn between doing G2 again or removing calipers completely, stripping, cleaning, and getting powdercoated. I just feel lazy thinking about that.

I’m guessing I should strip the current paint on calipers and start from scratch again? Figured if I tried to jsut touch up, it’d show the divot of where the rock chips removed the initial paint? Or will it level out?

G2 has a lifetime 100% customer satisfaction warranty that covers chips, flaking, and peeing of the paint. They’ll shit you out a new can for free I believe. If you do that, you can sand and scuff up the paint that’s on there and then just another coat or two on and just go heavy on this chips to fill them in. Should look brand new again! Keep me updated on if you go this route. I am curious how easy it is to actually claim their warranty. Thanks!
Jtmurillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2020, 10:58 PM   #21
TwentyTen2SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtmurillo View Post
G2 has a lifetime 100% customer satisfaction warranty that covers chips, flaking, and peeing of the paint. They’ll shit you out a new can for free I believe. If you do that, you can sand and scuff up the paint that’s on there and then just another coat or two on and just go heavy on this chips to fill them in. Should look brand new again! Keep me updated on if you go this route. I am curious how easy it is to actually claim their warranty. Thanks!

Wow didn’t know it was lifetime!

Interesting! Now to dig up a 4 year old receipt. May just buy a new package but worth the shot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cold Air Inductions CAI • Stainless Power LT's with HFC's • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • APEX Scoop and WW Relocation Kit • VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Custom Dyno Tune • Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs • ZL1 Rims on 275 front 315 Rear • custome underlay vinyl wrap • Anvil Spoiler • heritage grill • APR Front Splitter • Custom Emblempros emblems • ZL1 Side Skirts • 416.5 whp 410 torque (CURRENTLY) Up Next: BTR Stage 3 Cam and supporting mods (in garage now)
Old 10-16-2020, 11:25 PM   #22
TwentyTen2SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtmurillo View Post

Did you order direct and what all did you tape off? Dreading doing this over but at the same time excited. Appreciate the inspiration to keep me from being lazy

Old 10-17-2020, 11:12 AM   #23
Jtmurillo

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Did you order direct and what all did you tape off? Dreading doing this over but at the same time excited. Appreciate the inspiration to keep me from being lazy

I ordered from Amazon but the G2 website says they have 100% satisfaction guaranteed for life. I just taped off the rubber nipple bleeder covers and then the brake pads on the front calipers and then all 4 rotors.
Jtmurillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2020, 12:01 PM   #24
ChibiBlackSheep

Quote:
I taped off the bleeders, and put a piece of tape on the inside of the caliper where the brake pad sat.
Attached Images

Old 11-25-2020, 03:37 AM   #25
GST23

Drives: camaro
Nice colors on the Calipers
GST23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 12:13 AM   #26
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Nice