Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
JUICEDMOTORSPORTS
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2017 Camaro Fest (VII)


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2017, 07:48 AM   #15
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"
 
hrpiii's Avatar
 
Drives: CGM w/Black stripes
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Indy
Posts: 8,083
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew4180 View Post
Thank you sir, and great to hear it, cant wait to see all of yall there!
Hey, don't break on the first day this year, I want to see that car run A LOT!
__________________
BMR Suspension, SLPTVS2300, GFORCE Driveshaft & HalfShafts, Kooks with cutouts and other fun things.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 01:33 PM   #16
Andrew4180
Bigfoot
 
Andrew4180's Avatar
 
Drives: "Doomsday" 1981 Camaro
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Joplin, MO
Posts: 417
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
Hey, don't break on the first day this year, I want to see that car run A LOT!
I plan on it, bringing 10-15 gallons of race gas, new transmission, rear end, motor mounts, trans crossmember, everything will be solid and straight, bent the rear end housing last time, and the vibration from that shook the driveline so much that it broke the bellhousing. I aint having it this time.
__________________
Owner/Driver: AMT Racing's Doomsday 1981 Camaro



383ci SBC, Th400 Trans, 29X10 Hoosiers. Small Block, Small tire, bracket car.
Andrew4180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 01:41 PM   #17
Andrew4180
Bigfoot
 
Andrew4180's Avatar
 
Drives: "Doomsday" 1981 Camaro
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Joplin, MO
Posts: 417
Question, are we running Brackets on Friday, Heads up on Saturday?
__________________
Owner/Driver: AMT Racing's Doomsday 1981 Camaro



383ci SBC, Th400 Trans, 29X10 Hoosiers. Small Block, Small tire, bracket car.
Andrew4180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 05:32 PM   #18
JantzenOKC


 
JantzenOKC's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Edmond, Oklahoma
Posts: 3,073
How strict are they on the rules at Beach Bend for these Camaro days. Would a car running in the 10's be ok not having a roll bar? I found this from the drag thread for the last fest in BG:

ROLL BARS
Roll bar mandatory in all cars (including T-tops) running 11.00 to 11.49
in convertibles running 11.00 to 13.49

ROLL CAGE
Roll cage mandatory in cars running 10.99 or quicker or any
car exceeding 135 mph. In full-bodied cars, with unaltered firewall,
floor, and body (from firewall rearward, wheel tubs permitted),
running between 10.00 and 10.99, roll bar permitted
in place of roll cage. In convertibles running 10.99 or quicker or
exceeding 135 mph, roll cage mandatory.
__________________
3.6L Twin Turbo V6
Garrett GT28 turbos -- Jacfab forged connecting rods -- Diamond forged pistons(10.5:1) -- Alky Control Methonal Injection -- CircleD 2E triple disc torque converter -- BMR suspension
10.75 @ 131mph
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 05:58 PM   #19
mlee
Moderator
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2019 Crush ZLE
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 35,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by JantzenOKC View Post
How strict are they on the rules at Beach Bend for these Camaro days. Would a car running in the 10's be ok not having a roll bar? I found this from the drag thread for the last fest in BG:

ROLL BARS
Roll bar mandatory in all cars (including T-tops) running 11.00 to 11.49
in convertibles running 11.00 to 13.49

ROLL CAGE
Roll cage mandatory in cars running 10.99 or quicker or any
car exceeding 135 mph. In full-bodied cars, with unaltered firewall,
floor, and body (from firewall rearward, wheel tubs permitted),
running between 10.00 and 10.99, roll bar permitted
in place of roll cage. In convertibles running 10.99 or quicker or
exceeding 135 mph, roll cage mandatory.
This is a private event and we have never had any problems with this especially with our newer cars. However the rules are rules.
__________________
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 07:57 PM   #20
Ace0751
GEN5 Detail
 
Ace0751's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Synergy Series 2SS Convertible
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Northeast, OH
Posts: 1,934
Didn't have an issue with the rules especially having a vert so you should be ok. One suggestion though is at least bring a snell equipped helmet for safety.
__________________
Roto-Fab CAI, Borla ATAK Exhaust System, Stainless Power Headers, RX Performance Catch Can, ACS T4 Splitter, Oracle side markers, Dyno Tuned by RDP Motorsports
Ace0751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 07:01 AM   #21
etmx183

 
etmx183's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 1,635
Just some FYI if you plan to drag race remember a Motorcycle helmet is not the same as a car helmet. Motorcycle is for impact and if in a car fire will melt to your head & face. Please make sure you use the correct gear.
Motorcycle helmets are tested to meet the highest safety standards in the industry .... from the Snell Foundation and are labeled with a sticker inside each helmet with a "Mxxxx" rating which refers to Motorcycle and the year the Snell Foundation update the standard.
Auto Racing helmets carry the Snell Foundation SA2005 ratings which refers to the SA, Special Applications and the year the Snell Foundation updated the standard.
Snell updates its standards every 5 years. You may still see a '95 in the market place but most likely M2000 or SA 2000's. The newest helmets on the market carry the 2005 which is the latest update.
In order to get the Snell rating, both types of helmets must pass a series of vigorous and identical impact tests. In addition to these tests the SA standard must comply with 3 additional variances or tests.
1) The SA helmets must have a Nomex fabric liner and are therefore more fire resistant for auto racing.
2) The SA standard allows a minimum eyeport size that is smaller than the minimum allowed for the M standard
3) The SA helmets must pass a test designed to simulate impact with a rollbar.
Some manufacturers include aerodynamic features on their SA helmets auto racing car helmets that would not make sense to put on the M helmets for motorcycling and many SA helmets are available with provisions for forced air cooling or emergency air supplies that are inappropriate or unnecessary for M helmets. Manufacturing costs being what they are... most manufacturers build their SA and M helmets identically with the exception of the inner liner.
We suggest buying SA 2005 for all racing events. The sanctioning body of each event, club or race will determine the standard accepted . Many clubs and or racing events will require SA ratings and may not accept M standards. Most clubs stop accepting both standards after a certain number of years past the date code. Check with your club, event, venue, prior to buying your helmet to see what is required.
etmx183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 11:34 AM   #22
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros
 
Evil-Bee-NH's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Manchester, NH
Posts: 6,586
I thought SA2015 was the newest? Either way nice write-up etmx183 answers the small and big questions.
__________________

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 12:02 PM   #23
detltu

 
detltu's Avatar
 
Drives: 1992 Z28 1LE; 2015 Zl1
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Madisonville, LA
Posts: 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
I thought SA2015 was the newest? Either way nice write-up etmx183 answers the small and big questions.
It is. My helmet is SA2015. A lot of organizations are already phasing out the helmets older than SA2005. Maybe that is what he meant.
__________________
1989 Camaro RS convertible- Sold
1999 Camaro SS - Stolen 2x
1991 Camaro Z28-
1991 Camaro Z28 1LE-
1992 Camaro Z28 1LE- 25th anniversary
2015 Camaro ZL1
detltu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 09:43 AM   #24
Rdunn
Really, Really Fast
 
Rdunn's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: St.Louis,Mo
Posts: 686
Sign me up for the stock class....

Just kidding, will be racing in unlimited again. Hopefully come home with 1st this time.
__________________
Procharger F1X, TH400, E85, CBI Street Cars, DSX Tuning, 1300whp
Rdunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 09:50 AM   #25
mlee
Moderator
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2019 Crush ZLE
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 35,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdunn View Post
Sign me up for the stock class....

Just kidding, will be racing in unlimited again. Hopefully come home with 1st this time.
LMAO...

I'm really Excited to have you back in action with us again!!!!

Love seeing your car run.
__________________
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 02:02 PM   #26
jjbrooks700
 
jjbrooks700's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Edwardsville, Illinois
Posts: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdunn View Post
Sign me up for the stock class....

Just kidding, will be racing in unlimited again. Hopefully come home with 1st this time.
jjbrooks700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 02:17 PM   #27
etmx183

 
etmx183's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Baltimore, Maryland
Posts: 1,635
What would be the "stock" classification ( IE: no tune, stock tires, stock exhaust, etc or No internal mods, just bolt-ons and N/A? ) if it even happens for the V6s. Could a car run 2 classes at this event if the power adder is removed and than reinstalled. Just asking because I have done this at other races where there is an N/A class and power adder class.
I would guess same as the V8 stock: STOCK V8: Any V8 Camaro. CAI and/or Catback only, are allowed. No Headers, tune, engine modifications. (Street tires will consist of OE radials or any DOT street compound radial, regardless of size. Tire must have a 200+ treadwear rating to fit into this class)

Since most LLTs that race have headers and a tune which would put them out of the stock class, maybe an N/A and power adder class?? Just trying think of issues before the fest. How about some V6 feedback maybe to help the Admins out.
etmx183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 03:10 PM   #28
mlee
Moderator
 
mlee's Avatar
 
Drives: 2019 Crush ZLE
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Conroe, TX
Posts: 35,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by etmx183 View Post
What would be the "stock" classification ( IE: no tune, stock tires, stock exhaust, etc or No internal mods, just bolt-ons and N/A? ) if it even happens for the V6s. Could a car run 2 classes at this event if the power adder is removed and than reinstalled. Just asking because I have done this at other races where there is an N/A class and power adder class.
I would guess same as the V8 stock: STOCK V8: Any V8 Camaro. CAI and/or Catback only, are allowed. No Headers, tune, engine modifications. (Street tires will consist of OE radials or any DOT street compound radial, regardless of size. Tire must have a 200+ treadwear rating to fit into this class)

Since most LLTs that race have headers and a tune which would put them out of the stock class, maybe an N/A and power adder class?? Just trying think of issues before the fest. How about some V6 feedback maybe to help the Admins out.
We will not have 2 V6 classes unless enough show up. Stock is stock. Headers, tune and more go in the modified. If we split them up.

And YES there will be a V6 and an I4 class.
__________________
mlee is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.