Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Solo Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 10-05-2019, 09:37 AM   #1
Willyow

Drives: 13 zl1
13 zl1 t6060 to 6l90 swap

Iím in process of a rebuild on my 13 zl1 ... it started life as a t6060 manual trans ... Iíve sourced a complete pullout from another 13 zl1 6l90e that includes all wiring from front to rear including engine harness , steering column and wheel , auto brake pedal etc ... has anyone here done this swap ? What all actually has to be changed Iím not planning on using the paddle shifter on steering wheel so Iím leaving the factory column/wheel the paddle shift will be converted to floor shift.i know engine harness is different due to trans connectors .. and just quick look the other under hood harnesses look to be the same unsure about dash harness ... is it gonna be as simple as programming ecm/bcm ? Or am I looking at pulling dash to swap harness ? Any other insight would help
Willyow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 09:45 AM   #2
G8One2

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
I would think you'd need a stand alone controller. If the car was originally equipped with a manual trans, the wiring is just not there for the BCM and whatever else. Im not sure its something you can just swap in. A 4L80E might be a better option for you for simplicity sake, as i know there are stand alone controllers for them for this very purpose, and they can be built cheaply to handle massive amounts of HP.

Last edited by G8One2; 10-05-2019 at 09:59 AM.
G8One2 is offline   Reply With Quote