Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-19-2019, 09:23 AM   #15
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
I didn't even think about this. I wonder how long it'll take dealers to restock parts now that there's been a tentative deal.
I talked to my local dealer parts guy yesterday inquiring about the bowtie mount that I ordered last week for my new heritage grill. It didn’t sound like the tentative deal was speeding things up much if any according to him. The part I ordered las week has to come from Lansing and he said best case scenario I may have it late next week. Being patient sucks!
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 11:12 AM   #16
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
They are voting now until Thursday or Friday. If its all set by then expect few more weeks until things are back to normal
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 12:53 PM   #17
CamaroBarb
Banned

Drives: cheby Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
So as mentioned, car's in the shop!

So I made an appointment about a week ago. It was cool... select time/date, get text/email reminders... instructions/directions etc.

I drop the car off at noon yesterday, right on time... the guys were cool. Told him about my issues, he said no problem they'd look at them and take care of them.

Well, I didn't get a call yesterday, so I call them at 6pm yesterday and they said they haven't looked at it... ooookay, they're keeping it overnight. No problem, I'll deal with it....

No call this morning again, so I call them at 9am... my car is next to get checked out.... sooo oooookay, I made an appointment only to continue to wait in line as if I didn't make an appointment. The service guy said he'd check with the tech and call me back in a little while.

Soooooo, no call again, I call around 3pm. My service guy was out of the office for a bit and so I spoke to someone else and they said my service guy would call me back.

Another hour... now 4pm today, I finally get a call back. He tells me that the issue may be with my wheels... but they're not sure yet. He says the fronts are a bit oval... hmmm... okay, but I got my tire/wheels rebalanced last week. Service guy says, ' you can balance an egg... doesn't mean its round'.... ooookay.

So they swap wheel/tires with a stock set to see if it still wobbles... it still wobbles - still not sure. Also, if it still wobbles, WHY DOES IT WOBBLE ONLY ABOVE 40mph???

Now 7pm pac time, and no call back... holy hell, I'm worried sick.

These guys must not know Camaro owners... we can't stay apart from our cars for too long before thinking something bad can happen!

Am I overreacting?? Tell me I'm overreacting! I want to give these guys good ratings at the end of it all, but Riverside Chevrolet... yer killing me...
I can appreciate your aguish because it is almost impossible to find professional service today. I'm going to take a whack at your problem and guess wheel bearings OR too much negative camber. Both can cause odd sensations above 40mph that feel like a wobble. Of course worn suspension parts like bushings and ball joints can too. Need a real pro to find trouble like this. My 98 Camaro had a weird wobble above 40mph that was much worse on certain roads. The camber was too negative causing the inside edge of the tires to follow the ripples in the road. It was really crazy and no one at the dealer could figure it out. Was very frustrating. Good luck and try to stay cool. Getting uptight won't help. There are pros out there just need to keep looking till you find one.
CamaroBarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 06:05 AM   #18
Dogmeat

Drives: 2011 RS
Quote:
Good luck and try to stay cool. Getting uptight won't help.
OH HELL....go ahead and get uptight....it makes for more entertaining reading for us!! ; ^ )
Old 10-20-2019, 09:39 AM   #19
mikeman
Banned

Drives: 2015 Camaro
I would just fix it yourself. Taking it in to the dealer/shop for problems like that just lead to more frustration and a much lighter wallet.
mikeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 02:43 PM   #20
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Update;

I did get a text yesterday right before noon, sure enough.

They said they've fixed the wheel wobble but are struggling on the airbag light... AGAIN, I tell them to check under the passanger seat for a malfunctioning sensor... didn't hear back from them yesterday, and they're closed today... of course this happened.

Getting it back tomorrow one way or another! They still didn't tell me what the issue was with the shaking. More to come...
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 06:27 PM   #21
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Quote:
Update;

I did get a text yesterday right before noon, sure enough.

They said they've fixed the wheel wobble but are struggling on the airbag light... AGAIN, I tell them to check under the passanger seat for a malfunctioning sensor... didn't hear back from them yesterday, and they're closed today... of course this happened.

Getting it back tomorrow one way or another! They still didn't tell me what the issue was with the shaking. More to come...
Having to direct a GM technician on how to diagnose or fix your car...

I had to do the same thing last year. There is only so much you can say about that though, as it kind of speaks for itself. I don't want to rag on all of them as there are plenty of GM techs are are amazing at what they do and also because I realize they don't just work on Camaros all day, every day. But we turn to them as a costly last resort most times simply because we assume that if anyone can figure out these issues it should be them.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 07:37 PM   #22
CamaroBarb
Banned

Drives: cheby Camaro
I'll tell a little what my GF went through with her new 2016 Malibu. Bought the car new and it had a little problem...........the engine would turn off randomly and refuse to start. Dealer techs didn't have a clue what might be wrong after working on the car for weeks. Finally after getting towed a ridicules amount of times the dealer made a deal on a new Trax but she still was out a bunch of money. Her opinion on the dealer techs isn't good. I've also had endless poor experiences with the GM dealers. There wasn't one time I went in for a big problem that they solved it EVER! We either found a answer elsewhere or traded the car. I'll never forget brand new Chev truck that had terrible engine noise, (top tech out of 600) dealer tech claimed it was normal piston slap noise. The engine failed a few weeks later and the real problem was no oil was getting to some of the lifters. Another time car was acting up pinging surging running hot, spent over 400 dollars at the chev dealer having them look at it. They couldn't find ANYTHING wrong, again supposedly master tech one of GMs best. Took the car to a local shop with a reputation for fixing tough problems. HE FOUND THE PROBLEM IN 5 MINS! The fuel filter was blocked! Hard to believe but I have paper work from the dealer to back this story up. I could go on and on. good Luck

Last edited by CamaroBarb; 10-20-2019 at 07:49 PM.
CamaroBarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 08:19 AM   #23
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Just sweat it out. Auto shops are notorious for keeping customers hanging. Most will not call you until your car is ready and/or if a major issue is found which requires more money on the bill. Been there/done that many times.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 09:16 AM   #24
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
Man I’m glad I don’t have to worry about letting shops/dealer touch my stuff. I’ve never had anything I own worked on by anyone else. These stories always sound like a nightmare at best.
I hope you get your baby back soon spec.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 09:43 AM   #25
wasthatacop?

Drives: 2010 2SS
"They said they've fixed the wheel wobble"
...That's it? you are not going to tell us what the problem was?
ZL1 factory rims
misc: drilled and slotted rotors, fresh air brake cooling system, new speakers, installed reverse camera, muffler delete
wasthatacop? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 10:04 AM   #26
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by wasthatacop? View Post
"They said they've fixed the wheel wobble"
...That's it? you are not going to tell us what the problem was?
"They still didn't tell me what the issue was with the shaking. More to come..."
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 12:25 PM   #27
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Haha, agreed... slept it over...

I'm just going to let them do their thing. I guess this whole 'appointment' thing got me going....
I think they developed their Appointment strategy from Doctors & Dentists!
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 03:05 PM   #28
15RS2NV
Ponies are for girls

Drives: 2015 RS LFX Red Hot A6
We are the rare type of car owners, we are obsessed with out cars. Of all the car owners, we make up less than 1%. While we feel we have great numbers, we make up very few, especially those that go to dealers. To them our car is just something crappy and we should just trade it in on a new one.

For future service, always introduce yourself to the Service Manager. Let him/her know your car is a 'show car' (even if it's not) and you're very meticulous about it. Express that you'd like to be called at the end of each day to get an update. "It may seem like any other car to you guys, but to me it's my baby." I've never had a problem and let them know, you'll give them a great review if they do this. (Most dealer service shops are having a hard time when it comes to positive service reviews)
H&R 1.8/1.7” drop, Overkill 80mm + intake ported by AFS, 1" insulator MACE, Accel Super Coils, THR cai, JET MAF sensor, Hurst shifter handle, GPP strut tower brace, CI ice cube tray hood vents (functional) @SemperFiCamaro
15RS2NV is offline   Reply With Quote