Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-07-2009, 08:16 PM   #43
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrboyd_1980 View Post
I can tell you that as a dealer I can promise at MSRP. Even if it's a limited production car. Even if they only make 3 of them. My dealer refuses to sell over MSRP. I had a guy come up with a check for 7K over sticker if we bumped him to next allocation, and my dealer told him no. Wasn't fair, he had to wait like everyone else.
Could have talked to the guys in front of him and asked who wanted $7k for their spot. No?
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 09:56 PM   #44
MasterZ

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM4lyfe View Post
Haha, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying its a bad thing hell the X-15 was drawn up on a napkin. I'm saying that who to say your name is getting on a "list" it could get tossed. I would wait until an official word come down from GM, unless GM has a database for these "list" people.

Now you can put you name on the list at your dealership like I did for the G8. So that lets them know to order cars and to contact you in the order that they get them in.

Where do you think we are talking about getting on a list???

Yes, my name is on a Dealership list...#1 in fact. And yes a very trust worthy dealership that will not mark it up over MSRP.

The list is basically holding a spot for the dealers allocation to order cars. If and when the time comes I will place my order which will be his first allocation.

As someone said...

I dont understand why this is making a big stink now... cause there were thousands of people waiting on a list 2 yrs are more for the now realeased 2010 Camaro. Whats the difference for the Z28??
Old 10-07-2009, 09:57 PM   #45
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldgoal00 View Post
I called my dealer the day after Camaro5 announced the Z/28 was a go and had him put my name on the list for the #1 to order and he did. I just emailed him to make sure I would get the car for MSRP with no markup, just like we did when we pre-ordered the camaro back in December. Now he writes me back and says this,

"I'm not sure yet. The Z28 will sell over MSRP, but I will make it very
competitive."

Competitive? I already told him I have my name on other lists at other dealerships that are offering MSRP at no markup, how can he compete with that? What a JackA**
IDIOT!
Old 10-08-2009, 08:02 AM   #46
fieldgoal00
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterZ View Post
Where do you think we are talking about getting on a list???

Yes, my name is on a Dealership list...#1 in fact. And yes a very trust worthy dealership that will not mark it up over MSRP.

The list is basically holding a spot for the dealers allocation to order cars. If and when the time comes I will place my order which will be his first allocation.

As someone said...

I dont understand why this is making a big stink now... cause there were thousands of people waiting on a list 2 yrs are more for the now realeased 2010 Camaro. Whats the difference for the Z28??
Thanks Jason
fieldgoal00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:47 AM   #47
carguy
Carguy

Drives: 57Chevy,67,80,2@10's camaro's,04SSR
I too have pre ordered Both a Z28 and a Convertible.

By Pre Order I mean My sales Manager Generates his own list by first come first serve...including his employees.

If the car gets built or they get allocations I get first crack.

I actually put my name in the hat with my dealer way back in winter of 06 after seeing the concept car in Chicago. I got their first camaro ( Actually I got bumped by one with my approval because I wanted a constrained Color)

Obviously...not knowing if the car would be built what it would look like or how much it would cost when the production model acually arrived.

Dealer said no comitment until the order is excepted by GM just name on a list.

So ...now I just put my name on every list.

I am first on Convert.

First on Z 28

First on Z28 convert...in the unlikely event that there is such a thing... I am first

What a deal.

Problem is I seem to buy everyone that I put my name on....SSR, 35th anniversery camaro conv, 2010 Camaro ss/rs etc, etc

I think they got me right where the want me ! ( I am a sucker for a performance Chevrolet ! )

2010 SS/RS LS3, 21" Rims, SLP lowering Kit & sway bars, TVS2300, Hennesy CAI, Kooks LT Headrers & Cats, Corsa Exhaust, RIP Shift ST shifter, SLP Hood & Spoiler, Slp Black out package - Grill SS & Rear SS Emblems, ADM Dual Fuel Pump , 3.6 upper Pulley, 10% overdriven Innovators West Crank Pulley& Pin Kit.

.................................................. ..............................
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:36 PM   #48
SLT223

Drives: 1971 Chevelle SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99-LS1-SS View Post
Good for you! I test drove a USED Camaro SS yesterday and they wanted $42K for it!!!! It was used!!! That's more than new!
It is only Tuesday, but that's the biggest FAIL I've herd all week.
SLT223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:23 PM   #49
Mosher

Drives: 1LT Cruze Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
The Z will be out May 2011.
May 2nd, at 11:32am, to be precise.....

Mosher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:56 PM   #50
Snyder_Camaro

Drives: 2007 Honda CRV EX-L (for now)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99-LS1-SS View Post
Good for you! I test drove a USED Camaro SS yesterday and they wanted $42K for it!!!! It was used!!! That's more than new!
I think the dealer was basically selling the used Camaro on the fact that they are highly desired and the wait times for these cars are fairly long.

I re-ordered (after a mix-up on THIER part) my Camaro back in late July/early August and my order status from 1100 STILL hasn't changed.....
Snyder_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote