Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 03-06-2010, 08:57 PM   #29
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
Welcome to the Pedders Nation!
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 09:22 AM   #30
foxman

Drives: 2010 2SS Black
I'm running 315/25 on rear and 265/30 on front for tires.

I've got a problem with one of the rear pedders coilovers not clicking when I turn the knob. Any pedders guys know if there is a replacement part for the clicker and if I unscrew the knob will it allow air in the shock and ruin it? Should I warranty replace it?
foxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 10:13 AM   #31
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
edit, you said rear

make sure the adjuster is connected tightly to the shock.
Rob@WretchedMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 11:39 AM   #32
CBH
VETT 4 5

Drives: Yellow 1SS/RS w/ Clutch
This is beautiful !! Stance is perfect. Front seems like it could drop a little more to match the ideal tire-to-fender ratio in the rear. I love these wheels too. Mesh design is great, but the hardware ruins the clean look. This looks great. How rigorously have you checked for rubbing ?

Did you consider 35 series tires up front and 30's out back ? I want 315 width, but the 25-series look like rubber bands instead of tires. I'm hoping somebody comes out with 315/30/22 is available in a few months when my OEMs are done.

I'm also glad to find a ride comparison I can really relate to - I'm coming out of an '03 G35 myself. I thought that ride/handling combo was much better than the Camaro. I can't put my finger on what exactly makes the Camaro feel weird, but it's just squirrely. Jumpy, bouncy - hard to describe - but it just doesn't feel right.

The G35 never felt that way. It was a little soft when pushed hard, but felt great otherwise.

Do the coilovers combine springs with a new strut ? I still find it odd that everybody has springs available, but nobody's selling new struts to go along with them. Shorter struts + springs were the standard lowering package for my BMW.

- Brent

Last edited by CBH; 03-07-2010 at 11:42 AM. Reason: saw tire size in earlier post
CBH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 06:45 PM   #33
foxman

Brent,

The Pedders Extreme XA is a strut with spring on the outside adjustable in many directions for length and dampening.

I agree with the stock camaro analysis. A little too soft and too much body roll and nose dive in braking. Dropping the car using these coilovers has tremendously reduce body roll and nosediving while allowing you to customize the amount of softness that you prefer.

One think I must note, I had adjustable coilovers on my Superformance Cobra and is seemed that the adjustments didn't change the shock performance that much.

On the pedders there is a pretty dramatic difference between total soft and total hard. The earlier suggestion for 12 for front and 9 for rear was a godsend.

I took a ride with two buddy through the streets of New Orleans last night. (Really messed up streets for those familiar.) The ride remained very comfortable even with what I was consider as Brent suggested (Rubber bands for tires.)

To my pedders boys, the drivers rear strut adjustment functions perfectly with the exception of it not clicking. It's as if there were no "little ball and spring" to pop in and out of the indentions. Otherwise the adjustment works. Its just really hard to know that you have both adjusted the same. What do I have to do to get a replacement screw in adjustment for the rear shock assembly?
Old 03-07-2010, 10:42 PM   #34
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
The only time I have seen this is when someone disconnects the nut from strut. Doing this ruins the strut. the torque on that nut is the final calibration and if not put in exactly right, you will loose the detent.

All Pedders struts and shocks are bench tested before they leave the plant

Sent you a pm

thanks
mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:31 AM   #35
Bruce@raymondsperformance

Drives: 2014 Z28 camaro
Jason,
Your car looks great, I am glad you like the Pedders coil overs.If you have any questions just let me know. and Thanks agian.
Bruce@raymondsperformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 11:40 AM   #36
Stewcam

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Wow, looks good. Can't wait to get my coilovers in.
Old 03-15-2010, 02:52 AM   #37
foxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymo1 View Post
Jason,
Your car looks great, I am glad you like the Pedders coil overs.If you have any questions just let me know. and Thanks agian.
Guys, I just wanted to give a big thumbs up to the service given by Bruce at Raymonds!

I had a problem with one of my rear Pedders XA not "clicking" when it turns. Otherwise, functions great. It was just a pain to have to guess by how far i turned the other side to determine how far to adjust the other.

I talked to Bruce and he's sending me out a new assembly.

For those curious, the adjuster cannot be just replaced. It seems that they can't send out that piece because it is "torqued?" from the factory to set the shock properly.

Guys, when we spend lots of money on quality gear. It's only as good as the quality of service behind it. Pedders and Raymonds Auto really stand behind this stuff not only for pre-sales support but for after the sale service!!!

Thanks Bruce and thanks Pedders for standing behind your product.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:17 AM   #38
D2FORGED

Drives: C5 Corvette Z51
Glad the guys took care of you!
D2FORGED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 02:17 PM   #39
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Good to know

Thanks for sharing.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 02:25 AM   #40
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Bruce is a great guy. It will be interesting what we find when we analyze the damper.

thanks
mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 05:43 PM   #41
D2FORGED

Drives: C5 Corvette Z51
Glad your actually driving and enjoying your car! No garage queen for you eh? lol
D2FORGED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:25 PM   #42
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
foxman:
Beautiful car!

I don't meant to threadjack, but I see you have LT headers and a Borla touring exhaust.

I am getting my Kooks LT headers next week and I'm on the fence about whether I'll keep the stock exhaust for now or get a full catback system when they put the headers on. I am considering a Borla touring exhaust. You wouldn't happen to have any video of your car would you? Are you happy with the touring exhaust? I don't want my car to be so loud that it's obnoxious to take a road trip in, but I want a bit of a deeper rumble (and more horse power) than stock. Thanks.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote