Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 12-03-2011, 06:27 PM   #1
ajs-mlc

Drives: 2011 Inferno Orange Camaro SS Conv
"Quiet headers?"

I'd like to open my LS3 vert a bit with headers and exhaust, but I don't want the overly loud obnoxious sound I've been seeing in these forum videos. My noisy car days are over. Does anyone know of any "quieter" type headers?
ajs-mlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:34 PM   #2
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
LTs won't be quiet. But they aren't overly loud. Just leave the stock catback exhaust on the car.

Or get a twin turbo set up. They use the stock exhaust manifolds. TT cars are as quiet as stock (unless you put a big cam or noisy exhaust on them).

Last edited by Darth_Emma; 12-05-2011 at 06:18 AM.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 06:35 PM   #3
Muscle SS
All blackkk

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
I suspect if you kept your stock catback it would keep them as quiet as your gonna get with headers, but the whole point of headers is to allow more airflow, thus more noise as well
Old 12-05-2011, 05:57 AM   #4
screamin eagle
screamin eagle

Drives: 2011 Camaro RJT SS/RS Conv.
I added headers and hi-flow cats, but left the rest of the exhaust stock. It is just a little louder than stock (very little) until you nail it, then it is loud but not obnoxious.
2011 Camaro RJT Gray Leather Int. Black Top, 2SS/RS Conv. M6 w/Hurst Shifter, CG Stripes, 20" Polished Wheels, Heritage Grill, (paint matched) w/SS emblem in center. CAI cold air intake, RX Performance Catch Can, Oil Cap Filter, (paint matched) VMAX Ported Throttle Body, (paint matched) ADM Scoop (my version), Roto Fab w/w bottle relocation kit, V8 Flags on Fenders. Painted fuse box cover. GM paint matched splash guards. Stainless Works LT headers and Hi-Flow Cats, SCT Tune from Jannetty Racing, Pfadt Rear Trailing Arms and Tie Rods. GM footwell and cupholder lighting option.
screamin eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:21 AM   #5
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/A6 cammed-n-whippled
Get the complete american racing headers kit...its not that loud and sounds much better than keeping the stcok mufflers. They are in LI, so check 'em out. Also, there's members at ny5thgen.com with that setup.if you post the question over there, i'm sure someone will offer to meetup so you can hear it in person.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:21 PM   #6
phdjent
Evan "FRESHAYR"

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51, 2014 Jeep SRT
Quote:
Originally Posted by POWERFREAK View Post
Get the complete american racing headers kit...its not that loud and sounds much better than keeping the stcok mufflers. They are in LI, so check 'em out. Also, there's members at ny5thgen.com with that setup.if you post the question over there, i'm sure someone will offer to meetup so you can hear it in person.
Yes... what he said. I got 'em on my vert. Look us up at ny5thgen.com. ARH is local to you and great to deal with.

See my review:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...headers+review