Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 02-18-2013, 08:52 AM   #43
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sikoriko View Post
if money was not a option just move the injectors on the IM intead of the combustion chamber? Was this ever thought of or ever tested?
Can't move the injectors we have because they are specifically designed for in-cylinder injection. However, adding additional port injection has been talked about and that is what we are working on for my car.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:04 AM   #44
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDV6er View Post
Don't forget the INSANE amount of money we save on insurance and gas, guys.

At least that's what I keep telling myself
Yeah but when you're moding heavily you pretty much have to use 93 octane or whatever the highest is in your area.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy S III using telekinesis.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:37 AM   #45
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsololobo02 View Post
Ryan2011RS,

There you have it, 2 x pistons sacrificed because the ECU/ tune was pushed beyond its limits. I really do hope for all the FI V6ers the ECU can be cracked/tuned to full potential. Just do your research and use common sense. Plan on spending at least $23-$30K to get to the 500HP ranks with internals, suspension, drivetrain, tune, clutch, meth, gauges, labor etc.

Simply just getting info out there so people don't make the same costly mistakes. Maybe somone out there knows the people that designed/wrote the code on the ECU from GM that can provide some sort of info/feedback.
Tuning is only a problem because of the ECU. I knew I was going to have to lean out a few times to get things right. So I did. Gotta pay to play is the saying. Can no one start modding these cars without some where down the road something going wrong. I also only spent $7k to get my power levels. Gretchen hit 500hp in the LLT before also. My next attempt will be using race fuel and Methanol to see how things go. More fuel (meth) and race full sounds good on paper lol. But we will see.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S III
Old 02-18-2013, 10:32 AM   #46
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Great disscussion elsolo & gretch & ls & cant see me......nice to see knowledgable data and actual brains working here!
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:41 AM   #47
nikos30
HT5 EastSide

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
Im reading and learning with nothing to say. Wishing I knew more so that I could provide some input, but I have none :(

sorry guys
Old 02-18-2013, 11:58 AM   #48
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Ryan2011RS,

There you have it, 2 x pistons sacrificed because the ECU/ tune was pushed beyond its limits. I really do hope for all the FI V6ers the ECU can be cracked/tuned to full potential. Just do your research and use common sense. Plan on spending at least $23-$30K to get to the 500HP ranks with internals, suspension, drivetrain, tune, clutch, meth, gauges, labor etc.

Simply just getting info out there so people don't make the same costly mistakes. Maybe somone out there knows the people that designed/wrote the code on the ECU from GM that can provide some sort of info/feedback.
ECU/tune was not pushed to its limits. A more correct statement would be to say that the tune wasn't 100% perfect, as we have never had a great tuning option for high HP applications on the LLT engine in the Camaro. I'd love to see IPF take a crack at it, but so far they are only doing their SC kits (which by the way are pushing around 480+ HP at the crank when paired with headers).

I have to say, you've been overly critical and bit of a downer when it comes to this topic, even as an FI V6 owner. I realize you are trying to help this guy out, but some of your statements have been a bit off.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:41 PM   #49
elsololobo02

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
ECU/tune was not pushed to its limits. A more correct statement would be to say that the tune wasn't 100% perfect, as we have never had a great tuning option for high HP applications on the LLT engine in the Camaro. I'd love to see IPF take a crack at it, but so far they are only doing their SC kits (which by the way are pushing around 480+ HP at the crank when paired with headers).

I have to say, you've been overly critical and bit of a downer when it comes to this topic, even as an FI V6 owner. I realize you are trying to help this guy out, but some of your statements have been a bit off.

So since I am being overly critical and a bit of a downer. Would you reccomend to the OP ,who is 19 years old, to spend $23K-$35K of his inhertitance money to attempt to try to get a V6 to attain 600 RW or Bhp?
elsololobo02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:44 PM   #50
hunterv6
Always bet on Black

Drives: 2011 turbo LS, 2012 f 150,
^ No save it. Put a little at a time in your car and enjoy it.

Sent from my iPad2 on space mountain
<font color=#0066cc>http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283263</font>
hunterv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:47 PM   #51
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterv6 View Post
^ No save it. Put a little at a time in your car and enjoy it.

Sent from my iPad2 on space mountain

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:41 AM   #52
Ryan2011RS

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS dusk edition .
First it's not all inheritance money. Since I graduated when I was 17 I have been making $18k a year, (2 years), and this year I will be making even more seeing I get an annual raise of a few bucks. This job is something I could do my whole life and be very very wealthy like my boss. My inheritance money is for me to be in school which it's being used for, my camaro is paid off already and I've only had it 2 years, so really I just want to keep adding to my car, cosmetics are done, and most bolt ons are done, except internals, FI, and major suspension upgrades.

I will most deffinately keep adding HP, cams, heads, the new stroker forged kit Tracy previously mentioned, and by next winter I plan to have twin turbos installed. As I may never reach these crazy goals I will get as much as I can and I will continue to hope that others are as interested and excited as I am for our LLTs and that company's will continue to take cracks at the Bosch ecu and handle the tuning issue.

And as I had mentioned about my work, and being so young, money-wise, I don't have any obligations with money as our home is paid off, car is paid off, and school is paid for. I'm saving money on top of my whole car build, by no means will I make myself poor because I want to go faster , just a hobby. And no I will not take the easy way out and trade up to an SS. I easily could have and still could. But I personally find more fun an enjoyment in modding the first car that I've bought, and would absolutely love to have reached my goals and could give ZL1's a good run for the money . And also nothing is cooler than turbos and the huge blowoff valves

Everybody, THANK YOU, for all this great information. Keep it comin!!
Ryan2011RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:53 AM   #53
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan2011RS View Post
First it's not all inheritance money. Since I graduated when I was 17 I have been making $18k a year, (2 years), and this year I will be making even more seeing I get an annual raise of a few bucks. This job is something I could do my whole life and be very very wealthy like my boss. My inheritance money is for me to be in school which it's being used for, my camaro is paid off already and I've only had it 2 years, so really I just want to keep adding to my car, cosmetics are done, and most bolt ons are done, except internals, FI, and major suspension upgrades.

I will most deffinately keep adding HP, cams, heads, the new stroker forged kit Tracy previously mentioned, and by next winter I plan to have twin turbos installed. As I may never reach these crazy goals I will get as much as I can and I will continue to hope that others are as interested and excited as I am for our LLTs and that company's will continue to take cracks at the Bosch ecu and handle the tuning issue.

And as I had mentioned about my work, and being so young, money-wise, I don't have any obligations with money as our home is paid off, car is paid off, and school is paid for. I'm saving money on top of my whole car build, by no means will I make myself poor because I want to go faster , just a hobby. And no I will not take the easy way out and trade up to an SS. I easily could have and still could. But I personally find more fun an enjoyment in modding the first car that I've bought, and would absolutely love to have reached my goals and could give ZL1's a good run for the money . And also nothing is cooler than turbos and the huge blowoff valves

Everybody, THANK YOU, for all this great information. Keep it comin!!
Here's what I would personally do. Considering you say you have quite a bit of money and a good amount of money constantly coming in, I would build this car but do it conservatively. Then I would take what you have left and what your still getting and go out and get a v8 and go crazy with that one. That's personally what I'm doing. I would love to mod the crap out of this car but I'm not going to destroy it in the process either just because I want big numbers. Since the tuning hasn't been dialed in 100% yet, I will probably go with the IPF kit since their tuning seems to be dialed in better than any other out there and keep it conservative. Get suspension as well and keep it at that. If the tuning ever resolves itself, then I would look into a twin kit (this would be my number one choice if not for the tuning). Until then, I go buy a v8 and go crazy with the numbers. Yes it's easy to build a high hp v8 but that's not the hard part, the hard part is getting the power down to the ground. You could have the most hp in the world but if all you're doing is spinning, it's not going to do you any good. A good example of this is member SuperchargedSS's car. His car is a janetty built car that puts down about mid 600 hp but he holds the record for the fastest v8 on stock displacement. Why? Because that build is made to work well together. It was well thought out and put together perfectly. There are a ton of member making way more hp but they still can't run the numbers that they "should" be running. That's what I find fun. Finding the "formula" for a car that performs as it should with the power it's making.
Just my thoughts, take it for what it's worth.

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:26 AM   #54
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
So since I am being overly critical and a bit of a downer. Would you reccomend to the OP ,who is 19 years old, to spend $23K-$35K of his inhertitance money to attempt to try to get a V6 to attain 600 RW or Bhp?
Perhaps you need to go back and re-read this thread. Please look and see that I posted up a very long response to Ryans goals before you ever chimed in on this thread, about certain aspects of this project he REALLY needs to research in depth before throwing his money away.

Its just the way you are stating certain things, and making assumptions that may not be accurate is what I was referring to. Anyways, moving on.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:59 AM   #55
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:
Don't see how your getting these large numbers to produce 600rwhp. Gretchen will stand as my example as he hasn't dumped that much in the LFX to get it to 550rwhp. I spent $7k to make the power I have. Some have more power than me like CJT037 with the STS kit which cost $6k. Tuning is the key and time consuming part. You get you a good tune a some extra fuel and your golden. Also a twin turbo kit isn't needed to get the power. The extra turbo just helps spool things quicker. So that's about $1500 saved that can go into the fuel system. Like I said before, we don't know what the pistons can handle yet. But we all know that the HPFP is the weak link right now. Tuning just takes time as some have perfect tunes and I'm getting there again as I made some changes.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:46 PM   #56
butters

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
Don't see how your getting these large numbers to produce 600rwhp. Gretchen will stand as my example as he hasn't dumped that much in the LFX to get it to 550rwhp. I spent $7k to make the power I have. Some have more power than me like CJT037 with the STS kit which cost $6k. Tuning is the key and time consuming part. You get you a good tune a some extra fuel and your golden. Also a twin turbo kit isn't needed to get the power. The extra turbo just helps spool things quicker. So that's about $1500 saved that can go into the fuel system. Like I said before, we don't know what the pistons can handle yet. But we all know that the HPFP is the weak link right now. Tuning just takes time as some have perfect tunes and I'm getting there again as I made some changes.
Well said. Waiting to get my LFX down to RX to get boosted.