Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-07-2014, 12:30 AM   #1
45th SS

Drives: 2012 45th anniversary SS
Exhaust cut outs problem?

Ive been looking into getting some exhaust cut outs and I narrowed it down to the no weeds cut outs but there's a problem. The no weeds dump too close to the headers causing my air/fuel ratio gauge to not be able to get a reading. any recommendations on cut outs that will dump a little further down the exhaust? If I was to just go with the noweeds and ignored my air/fuel ratio gauge when the cutouts were open it would throw off my fuel calibration so I'm needing something that's far enough past the headers so I still get a reading. Thanks
45th Anniversary. Borla LT(catless), Borla S type, CAI intake and Rhino79 installed whipple 2.9L, alky meth kit, 102mm throttle body , GPI tune, VVT custom competition cam, 416ci stroker, forged internals.
45th SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 05:34 AM   #2
2SSCAMARO

Drives: 2010 Camaro Auto
http://marylandspeed.com/dmh-low-pro...ut-p-1313.html

Just livin' life
2SSCAMARO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:37 AM   #3
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
QTP
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 06:55 AM   #4
SSMickey

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS
With the DMH or QTP cutouts, you can pretty much mount them where they will fit. Even at the back of the car.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:25 AM   #5
Powhusku

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Race ready. Cutouts will inevitably break so their lifetime warranty is a must.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:51 AM   #6
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=139484
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 08:59 AM   #7
Deezee

Drives: 2013 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 45th SS View Post
Ive been looking into getting some exhaust cut outs and I narrowed it down to the no weeds cut outs but there's a problem. The no weeds dump too close to the headers causing my air/fuel ratio gauge to not be able to get a reading. any recommendations on cut outs that will dump a little further down the exhaust? If I was to just go with the noweeds and ignored my air/fuel ratio gauge when the cutouts were open it would throw off my fuel calibration so I'm needing something that's far enough past the headers so I still get a reading. Thanks
Wait, so you have the noweeds now and you're having this issue, or you think you will? I've never heard of this problem? I run the noweeds now, and they dump further back than most people install the QTPs and such. Where is your wideband bung mounted exactly? I don't have a wideband installed yet, but when I need one the location on my pfadt headers will work just fine. I'm just wondering how you came to this conclusion. Fwiw the noweeds is BY FAR the best diverter/cut out system on the market!
Deezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 11:08 AM   #8
revived
Vrrrm.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezee View Post
Wait, so you have the noweeds now and you're having this issue, or you think you will? I've never heard of this problem? I run the noweeds now, and they dump further back than most people install the QTPs and such. Where is your wideband bung mounted exactly? I don't have a wideband installed yet, but when I need one the location on my pfadt headers will work just fine. I'm just wondering how you came to this conclusion. Fwiw the noweeds is BY FAR the best diverter/cut out system on the market!
It's also massive and heavy and uses more moving parts. And that price

Qtp or dmm are simple lightweight and inexpensive .

revived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 01:17 PM   #9
Deezee

Drives: 2013 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by revived View Post
It's also massive and heavy and uses more moving parts. And that price

Qtp or dmm are simple lightweight and inexpensive .
They are bigger and heavier, but they replace a whole section of pipe. The motor weights would be close and marginal. They use more moving parts because when you open the dumps, they also seal off the now unused exhaust side. That is why they are the only exhaust "diverter" on the market for our cars too my knowledge. Cutouts IMO are just exhaust leaks. I've run mine open/closed on back to back dyno runs to ensure no lost hp. I haven't seen it done with cutouts yet. Another big point, and reason for more parts, is the motors aren't mounted directly to the "hot parts", so I think they will last longer. I'm yet to see ONE failure with the noweeds. That can't be said for others. I dd my car with them, and open/close them at least 2-3 times a day. If I ever have an issue ill post it up here! I feel that comparing them to cutouts isn't even fair. Both are great, but do different things. That being said the noweeds are well worth the larger price! You do get what you pay for
Deezee is offline   Reply With Quote