Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 07-05-2012, 04:37 PM   #1
eolson
eolson

Drives: 2006 premium Package Mustang GT cou
GT500 front facia/break cooling vents

Hey everyone, is there not brake cooling vents on either side of the lower grill/heat exchanger panel??? I did not bother to look when in front of the car at the car shows. This front view that I brightened the lightness on seems to indicate break vent ducts. Am I wrong?? Thanks, Erik
Attached Images

2006 Prem Pkg Mustang GT coupe. Saleen SC,10psi, 454rwhp,442rwtq, Complete Steeda/H&R, suspension change out, with weight loss, Techco Watts link, Stoptech big brakes, Race clutch, Alum. flywheel, Alum 1 pc driveshaft, 9x18,10x18 chrome bullit wheels, 285/40/18,255/45/18 nitto 555 tires. 3545 lbs currently. New car scent air freshener.
eolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:41 PM   #2
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Odd site to ask the question on.

Even in the proper section. hahaha

I'd answer it but I'm absolutely stupid where the Mustang is concerned. Looks bad ass though. I actually like the front on it.
Old 07-05-2012, 04:44 PM   #3
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
http://realperformancemustangs.com/s...-2013-mustang/

It does not seem so...but I have to think those two separate slots on the bottom lower grill have something to do with brake cooling. According to the part I listed above, the Boss has cooling ducts OEM. I hope this helps.

EDIT:
Read post 19...no ducts according to a poster on the SVT site.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...ng-ability.htm

"lf you read that article, the only reason the GT500 is slower than the ZL1 on the track repetitively is because of the lack of brake ducts, so the brakes dont cool properly and thus lap times slow down. So in my opinion you spend < $100 on brake duct tubing and either install/have installed and make your own brake cooling system. That will help the lap time consistency and now your GT500 is a track car :p Good Luck My Friend!"
Old 07-05-2012, 07:03 PM   #4
eolson
eolson

Drives: 2006 premium Package Mustang GT cou
Still, I can not see any other reason for those angled openings to be in that position other than to send air to the brakes. If so, the front slots could easily be adapted to connect to 3" ducting to mount straight to the rotors if there is clearance for the flexible tube ducting.

It just seems amazing to me that SVT would not design this option into the front facia, since every other aspect of the 2013 GT500 has been specifically revised for the road course: faster in the straights with monster power and better SC and engine cooling, stiffer track setting for suspension with added chassis stiffening, aerodynamics improved for better high speed control and down force, and..... huge front brakes... with no apparent duct cooling. Why would SVT send the GT500 up against the ZL1 without it??? Erik
2006 Prem Pkg Mustang GT coupe. Saleen SC,10psi, 454rwhp,442rwtq, Complete Steeda/H&R, suspension change out, with weight loss, Techco Watts link, Stoptech big brakes, Race clutch, Alum. flywheel, Alum 1 pc driveshaft, 9x18,10x18 chrome bullit wheels, 285/40/18,255/45/18 nitto 555 tires. 3545 lbs currently. New car scent air freshener.
eolson is offline   Reply With Quote