Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Jason 98 TA
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2014, 06:30 AM   #15
Apex Motorsports
 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 25,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmelchio View Post
Agreed, it's a good trade. I could never figure out what the CAGS bought you. Glad to hear I'm not the only one.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 05:49 AM   #16
jgray1978

 
jgray1978's Avatar
 
Drives: '12 2SS/RS 45th vert, '14 2SS/RS
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Claremore, Oklahoma
Posts: 841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
In the real world is doesn't. It is more about scoring points with the .gov so they can avoiding having to charge the gas guzzler tax. But a $20 Skip Shift Eliminator isn't a bad trade off to avoid a $2500 tax.
Bureaucratic BS.

Y'all better have your health insurance this year too or you'll be paying a "Tax" for that as well. SMH...
jgray1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:38 PM   #17
Apex Motorsports
 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 25,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgray1978 View Post
Bureaucratic BS.

Y'all better have your health insurance this year too or you'll be paying a "Tax" for that as well. SMH...
Pretty much.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 10:20 AM   #18
BowTieBoy14
 
BowTieBoy14's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 7
I have a question about the Skip Shift Eliminator. Since you are disconnecting the solenoid and plugging in the Eliminator will this also remove the over 40mph 1st gear lockout protection? I read in the owners manual (yes, I actually read the thing) that if your doing over 40mph it will lock you out of 1st. Granted I have yet to end up in first when I was shooting for third but I'd really hate to zing one of these motors on accident.

Thanks
BowTieBoy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 03:40 PM   #19
Apex Motorsports
 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 25,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowTieBoy14 View Post
I have a question about the Skip Shift Eliminator. Since you are disconnecting the solenoid and plugging in the Eliminator will this also remove the over 40mph 1st gear lockout protection? I read in the owners manual (yes, I actually read the thing) that if your doing over 40mph it will lock you out of 1st. Granted I have yet to end up in first when I was shooting for third but I'd really hate to zing one of these motors on accident.

Thanks
I was not aware that existed but I do know that the reverse lock out (prevents you from hitting reverse rather than 5th) is handled by a totally different system and suspect that that feature would be as well. They set CAGS up so that it is easily defeated without an impact on anything else.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:30 PM   #20
2SS2010
 
Drives: 2010 2 SS
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Georgia
Posts: 600
All the 1-4 skip shift does if greaten your chances of getting slammed into at an intersection.
2SS2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:15 PM   #21
glider65
 
Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Sarnia ON
Posts: 11
I'll be ordering mine tomorrow...
glider65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 09:42 AM   #22
Apex Motorsports
 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 25,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by glider65 View Post
I'll be ordering mine tomorrow...
Thanks in advance for your order.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 10:15 PM   #23
BowTieBoy14
 
BowTieBoy14's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 2SS/RS 1LE
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Arlington, VA
Posts: 7
Quote:
I was not aware that existed but I do know that the reverse lock out (prevents you from hitting reverse rather than 5th) is handled by a totally different system and suspect that that feature would be as well. They set CAGS up so that it is easily defeated without an impact on anything else.
Thanks Chase, I ordered and installed mine just last week. The first gear lockout over 40 is still intact as well. Quality product, easy install, and it works like a charm!
BowTieBoy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 06:13 AM   #24
Apex Motorsports
 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 25,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by BowTieBoy14 View Post
Thanks Chase, I ordered and installed mine just last week. The first gear lockout over 40 is still intact as well. Quality product, easy install, and it works like a charm!
Thank you for your order and the feedback.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 06:47 AM   #25
camguynj


 
camguynj's Avatar
 
Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 NPP BRM
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS2010 View Post
All the 1-4 skip shift does if greaten your chances of getting slammed into at an intersection.
Agree 1000% The person who approved CAGS for our cars should be summarily dismissed and stripped of his pension ...and have to drive a car with CAGS !
camguynj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 01:06 PM   #26
BLTZKRG
 
Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: dover pa
Posts: 249
Can someone post pics of CAGS install photos?
I bought one and have no intructions. It came from UPR Products in Florida.
Want to make sure im plugging it in correctly...will be doing when i change trans fluid sunday.
__________________
2014 Ashen Gray Metallic 2SS/RS M6

CAGS Skip-Shift Eliminator
1LE Strut Tower Brace
GMPP Track Pack Axleback
Halltech CAI
Fuse Pull Mod
BLTZKRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2014, 06:28 PM   #27
760bowtie

 
760bowtie's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 1SS/RS, 2015 Silverado CC
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Oceanside, CA
Posts: 1,344
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLTZKRG View Post
Can someone post pics of CAGS install photos?
I bought one and have no intructions. It came from UPR Products in Florida.
Want to make sure im plugging it in correctly...will be doing when i change trans fluid sunday.
I used this video www.youtube.com/watch?v=1stj4qdPraQ

Check this out for photos http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205520

Easy install
760bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 11:03 AM   #28
Apex Motorsports
 
Apex Motorsports's Avatar
 
Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Louisville, Ky.
Posts: 25,199
Quote:
Originally Posted by 760bowtie View Post
Check this out for photos http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205520

Easy install
He did a great job on that post.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Tags
apex motorsports, cags, forced to shift, ship shift, skip shift eliminator

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.