Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 09-05-2008, 07:36 PM   #169
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
i was pretty shocked , today i was driving to the local chevy dealership and i passed a dodge dealership. i pulled in because they had a nice black challanger sitting out. i thought it was a srt8 but i looked at the sticker and it was an se. it had a base price of 21???.00 then i looked at the total with options and it was 29,000!?!?! there wasnt even anything in the car. it had cloth and a sunroof and auto tranny. that was it. i was pretty disapointed in dodge for having such a high price for such a low end car.
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 07:56 PM   #170
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
i was pretty shocked , today i was driving to the local chevy dealership and i passed a dodge dealership. i pulled in because they had a nice black challanger sitting out. i thought it was a srt8 but i looked at the sticker and it was an se. it had a base price of 21???.00 then i looked at the total with options and it was 29,000!?!?! there wasnt even anything in the car. it had cloth and a sunroof and auto tranny. that was it. i was pretty disapointed in dodge for having such a high price for such a low end car.
That is dealer markup, a fully loaded se is not 29 and the fact that you saw no leather and just a sunroof means it was markup.
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 08:33 PM   #171
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
kevin im just curious do you want a camaro when they come out? it seems like people start crap with you alot since you drive a challenger (much respect i drove one last weekend). just seems like a funny forum for a (future) challenger driver otherwise.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:22 PM   #172
kevin2323

Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
kevin im just curious do you want a camaro when they come out? it seems like people start crap with you alot since you drive a challenger (much respect i drove one last weekend). just seems like a funny forum for a (future) challenger driver otherwise.
naw at first they did but it was partly my fault because I was defending the challenger so I looked like a troll. But the guys have welcomed me and I came here to talk about the camaro as an enthusiast and a competitor.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:20 AM   #173
2010_5thgen

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin2323 View Post
That is dealer markup, a fully loaded se is not 29 and the fact that you saw no leather and just a sunroof means it was markup.
no that was the price on the sticker. this was not with the dealer markup. the dealer doesnt print up their own stickers. this was on the window sticker from dodge. ill try to get a picture of it if i drive out that way today.
Old 09-06-2008, 12:39 PM   #174
kevin2323

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010_5thgen View Post
no that was the price on the sticker. this was not with the dealer markup. the dealer doesnt print up their own stickers. this was on the window sticker from dodge. ill try to get a picture of it if i drive out that way today.
no I believe you but damn from 21 base to 29 is pretty high for barely any options, I am going to option one out on dodge.com and let you know.

edit: yep I optioned out a se and it came out to 29k but that is with everything leather seats, sound system sunroof, center my gig system. So maybe you didnt see the leather? or the dealer listed some options that arent on the car? either way it is too expensive for an se.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:15 PM   #175
Dave McFly
*new car smell*

Drives: 2007 Ford Mustang 'Natasha'
Send a message via ICQ to Dave McFly Send a message via AIM to Dave McFly Send a message via MSN to Dave McFly Send a message via Yahoo to Dave McFly Send a message via Skype™ to Dave McFly
Wink

well we have 2 challengers at the local Dodge dealership (lake county dodge and kia ). and one is a SE V6 it's base price is 21k and you still get a lot for that 21K. power everything (including driver's seat). A/C, cruise, AM/FM CD, keyless entry with trunk release and alarm. the one that is on the lot was stickered at 26k but it had a lot of options, everything except leather. it had just some of the following: 18" alloys (base SE has 17"s), power sun roof, AM/FM CD with 6 disc changer, rockford fosgate speakers and sub in trunk, sirus sat radio with 1 year subscription, 4 wheel discs with ABS (base SE just has the disc/discs with no ABS which is very surprising as the V6 Charger and mid level V6 300 has ABS standard ). The other Charger was a SRT-8 and it was 42K and it had the 6 speed manual and was in red with the 'carbon fibre' decals on the hood. to be honest If I was to buy a Challenger, I would go with the SE with the same package the one at the dealer or a R/T with the 380hp Hemi and the 6speed manual.
Old 09-07-2008, 01:09 PM   #176
2010_5thgen

this one had the 18's on it and im possitive it didnt have leather but as far as sterio and electrical b/s i didnt see. i just saw it didnt have leather and it had a sunroof. pretty bone stock to me.
Old 09-08-2008, 07:33 PM   #177
fireplug

Drives: 07 Tundra
kevin2323

Sorry, I was going by what a buddy of mine had told me.....he's the mopar freak. And the, "must be waiting on the Camaro" bit - that was meant to be kinda tongue-in-cheek.
fireplug is offline   Reply With Quote