Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-14-2008, 12:51 PM   #1
Yeahyouknwit

Drives: 2003 Mustang Gt Conv.
question for dealer

I was just wondering if the dealer still made out well if you sold a car for invoice pricing.
Yeahyouknwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:52 PM   #2
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
yeah they get factory rebates so the dealer makes more money then most say they do.
Old 10-14-2008, 01:23 PM   #3
ChevyHawk

Drives: All Chevy's
It depends on your perspective. Keeping the post relevant to Camaro I would say invoice for this car would be great for the consumer and bad for the dealer on these initial orders. This car will bring MSRP easily and if you can get one at MSRP or slightly less then you have done well. I would not pay over MSRP unless that was my only choice and the cost of additional shipping or travel to a dealer willing to sell at MSRP is more than the "market adjustment".

Off Topic:

I have read many flaming posts for dealers on everything from pricing to service. Don't be afraid for your dealer to make money on your sale as he needs to be profitable to be able to continue to operate and give you great service. A good dealer isn't bothered by you knowing how much profit they will make on the sale no more than you would be bothered knowing his $1200 profit came off a $35K vehicle. I bet my morning coffee had a better profit margin and yet I paid it without a clue as to what it cost them.

Find a dealer that treats you well and support them and you will find they return that support and appreciate you as a customer.

Mike Carnes
Classic Chevrolet Internet Sales
mcarnes@classicchevytexas.com
ChevyHawk is offline   Reply With Quote