Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 05-21-2009, 10:32 PM   #1
wooav8tor
2G1FC1EV0A9107755

Drives: '10 Black 2LT Camaro
#7755 is home!

I'm not entirely sure what I'd like to share or say at the end of this emotionally draining and wonderful day. I know that my thoughts today were with Fbodfather and Cheryl and Al and the Mole and Tag and the moderators of this site and my fellow enthusiats and a whole host of others that I have not nor probably ever have the opportunity to meet.

My sincere appreciation for all of your hard work and dedication and the biggest for a job well done. This car positively exceeds my wildest expectations and it'll be a restless night's sleep with the giddy anticipation of getting back in her for the ride to work tomorrow morning!

Thanks for giving me my very own rock star experience--a feeling I won't soon forget!

Forgive the smudge on the lense that was only discovered halfway thru the shoot.
Attached Images

wooav8tor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:32 PM   #2
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
Nice
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:33 PM   #3
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Cool pic's
Old 05-21-2009, 10:34 PM   #4
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH.......... :upset:

I wanna start one of these threads.

Congrats.
Old 05-21-2009, 10:49 PM   #5
moto-camaro
CEO of the Internet

Drives: the Roflcopter
Send a message via AIM to moto-camaro Send a message via MSN to moto-camaro
niiiice, love the black camaros
Congrats!!

**(irpq what's your order status now?)
Old 05-21-2009, 11:02 PM   #6
Camaro68

Drives: 68 Camaro 327ci 2SS/RS 376ci LS3
Thumbs up

Congrats

6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer 6-23-10
Camaro68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:10 AM   #7
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
Looks great!
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:22 AM   #8
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by moto-camaro View Post
niiiice, love the black camaros
Congrats!!

**(irpq what's your order status now?)
Vin, waiting to ship.

wooav8tor Let us know how it rides.
Old 05-22-2009, 09:23 AM   #9
wooav8tor
2G1FC1EV0A9107755

Thanks for all of the positive feedback.

I teach people to fly for a living. I'm not very mechanically inclined. I'm certainly not a gear head. But I HAD to have this car. LOVE this car. After driving a couple of Mazda products for my last couple of cars GM has welcomed me back with open arms and I'll never leave again!

My first car in highschool was an '83 Z28. My first brand spanking new vehicle I purchased/financed from the ground up was my '99 Camaro. And now after a brief flirtation with the dark side....I'm BACK.

As my fiancee was unavailable to experience the delivery pickup at the dealer yesterday afternoon, my folks dropped me off in her place. My dad remarked that he was watching my facial reaction when the car drove up and that my breath appeared to be taken away. He was right. The black appears even sexier in person than I had dared hoped.

After an agonzing period of pomp and circumstance with obligatory dealer photo op moments and the requisite "I'm sure you know more than I do about the features but let's go over them anyway," I was on my way home. I was sooooo ready just to be on the road and away from the hectic DC Beltway rush hour. Plenty of time for us to become acquainted with one another later.

Let's be honest--it didn't take long for her to seduce me with her good looks and personality. It really is a rock star experience with the gawkers and their thumbs up and horn blowing. Understand I'm pretty much a reserved, fly under the radar kind of a guy. This car simply does not permit that sort of behavior.

I loved the ride and the handling. There seem to be so many subjective schools of thought on break-in periods so I think I plan on falling somewhere in between, which is to say...baby her a tad for the first 500 or so then it's ON.

The V6 seems particularly peppy and she wants to go. She's begging me to go. As I had sold my Mazda 3 a few weeks back in anticipation of this happy moment I had been borrowing an old '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee. #7755 feels so light in comparison. She just sort of glides over the road while hugging each hairpin turn. And how about the ambient lighting at night?? LOVED it and could car less it didn't go across the dash. It would have been too distracting anyways.

In any event...it appears to be a slow day at work today. No flying due to the Prez delivering his commencment address at the Naval Academy and that works out just fine for me. Plenty of time to read up on the manual...program in my phone book in the bluetooth etc. I had an issue with my bluetooth disconnecting from my car while listenting to the ipod so it'll give me time to sort thru that issue. It didn't repeat itself this morning so it was probably user error. Ha.

Thanks for indulging my ramblings. Congrats to all that have experienced the euphoria. G'luck to all of those awaiting their own experience. It's sooooo going to be worth the wait!

P.S. For those keeping track and interested in the order history by way of comparison: I preordered from Sport Chevrolet in Silver Spring, Maryland on 10/13/08 going to 1100 the next day. I believe it was 3/21/09 that I went to 3000. 4/18/09 3300. I don't recall 3400. On cinco da mayo #7755, a 3800 lb beautiful black 2lt automatic baby girl came into the world, shipping two days later. Two weeks later #7755 is home!
Old 05-22-2009, 12:12 PM   #10
GTengineer

Drives: 2004 Z06
good read and congrats
Old 05-22-2009, 12:23 PM   #11
edog

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Beautiful car.
Update...Build in process, Forged Rods, Pistons and rings, Johnson Lifters, NOVI1500 ECS SC, 13lb boost or more, LS3 Conversion 114/228/241 COMP CAM, Frostbite 4 row Aluminum radiator, 6L80 built, Circle D 6L80 PRO SERIES MULTI 258MM 2D, Stock 3.45 gears, 1-7/8 American Racing Headers w/HF cat, X-Pipe, Lingenfelter dual fuel pump, E-85 flex sensor, ATI super damper pulley, Ported TB, 160 therm, Trans cooler, Pedder's sways/end links/sub frame bushings, BMR trailing arms & toe rods, Coil overs. HP/TQ pending
edog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:01 PM   #12
wyocamaro

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, 2-2007 Silverados
ALL RIGHT MAN!!!!!!
A match made in heaven. Thanks for all your work on this sight and help!:h appyanim: Stay in touch with sister VIN's. Where is 7753??
Old 05-22-2009, 07:53 PM   #13
Burlap

Drives: 06 Dodge Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by wooav8tor View Post
Thanks for all of the positive feedback.

I teach people to fly for a living. I'm not very mechanically inclined. I'm certainly not a gear head. But I HAD to have this car. LOVE this car. After driving a couple of Mazda products for my last couple of cars GM has welcomed me back with open arms and I'll never leave again!

My first car in highschool was an '83 Z28. My first brand spanking new vehicle I purchased/financed from the ground up was my '99 Camaro. And now after a brief flirtation with the dark side....I'm BACK.

As my fiancee was unavailable to experience the delivery pickup at the dealer yesterday afternoon, my folks dropped me off in her place. My dad remarked that he was watching my facial reaction when the car drove up and that my breath appeared to be taken away. He was right. The black appears even sexier in person than I had dared hoped.

After an agonzing period of pomp and circumstance with obligatory dealer photo op moments and the requisite "I'm sure you know more than I do about the features but let's go over them anyway," I was on my way home. I was sooooo ready just to be on the road and away from the hectic DC Beltway rush hour. Plenty of time for us to become acquainted with one another later.

Let's be honest--it didn't take long for her to seduce me with her good looks and personality. It really is a rock star experience with the gawkers and their thumbs up and horn blowing. Understand I'm pretty much a reserved, fly under the radar kind of a guy. This car simply does not permit that sort of behavior.

I loved the ride and the handling. There seem to be so many subjective schools of thought on break-in periods so I think I plan on falling somewhere in between, which is to say...baby her a tad for the first 500 or so then it's ON.

The V6 seems particularly peppy and she wants to go. She's begging me to go. As I had sold my Mazda 3 a few weeks back in anticipation of this happy moment I had been borrowing an old '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee. #7755 feels so light in comparison. She just sort of glides over the road while hugging each hairpin turn. And how about the ambient lighting at night?? LOVED it and could car less it didn't go across the dash. It would have been too distracting anyways.

In any event...it appears to be a slow day at work today. No flying due to the Prez delivering his commencment address at the Naval Academy and that works out just fine for me. Plenty of time to read up on the manual...program in my phone book in the bluetooth etc. I had an issue with my bluetooth disconnecting from my car while listenting to the ipod so it'll give me time to sort thru that issue. It didn't repeat itself this morning so it was probably user error. Ha.

Thanks for indulging my ramblings. Congrats to all that have experienced the euphoria. G'luck to all of those awaiting their own experience. It's sooooo going to be worth the wait!

P.S. For those keeping track and interested in the order history by way of comparison: I preordered from Sport Chevrolet in Silver Spring, Maryland on 10/13/08 going to 1100 the next day. I believe it was 3/21/09 that I went to 3000. 4/18/09 3300. I don't recall 3400. On cinco da mayo #7755, a 3800 lb beautiful black 2lt automatic baby girl came into the world, shipping two days later. Two weeks later #7755 is home!
Cessnas? I'm an air traffic controller...we "love" you guys. Student cessna pilots flying ILS =
Burlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:20 PM   #14
wooav8tor
2G1FC1EV0A9107755

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burlap View Post
Cessnas? I'm an air traffic controller...we "love" you guys. Student cessna pilots flying ILS =
Ha. Oh and lemme tell you how much you'd "love" some of the characters in our little neck of the woods.