Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-15-2010, 03:40 PM   #29
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
Without a doubt, the best system is the one you research that rings your bell. Nothing less will do, yep as far as I know they all can be installed single handedly.

Fact of Life:

After Monday and Tuesday
even the calendar reads...
W T F
tjbusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 10:05 PM   #30
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by H1Chester View Post
OK Narrowed it down to Borla ATAK or Magnaflow 3" Competition Series!
Man those systems are on different ends of the sound spectrum.....especially if you are just doing the cat-back without LT headers.

The Magnaflow 3" has the street mufflers and is not a ton louder than stock. Now...add LT headers and that's a different story.

The ATAK is on the other end....it seems pretty loud even with the factory headers and mid-pipes. I would imagine with LT headers the ATAK may be too loud for some.

You need to cosider if you're going with headers or not. I think with Headers I would consider the Magnaflow....without headers you'll probably be better off with the ATAK.

Now....the 2.5" Magnaflow Comp is totally different.

Keep doing your research and listening to videos.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 11:18 PM   #31
H1Chester
Bowties forever

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, 2015 Ram 1500 Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Man those systems are on different ends of the sound spectrum.....especially if you are just doing the cat-back without LT headers.

The Magnaflow 3" has the street mufflers and is not a ton louder than stock. Now...add LT headers and that's a different story.

The ATAK is on the other end....it seems pretty loud even with the factory headers and mid-pipes. I would imagine with LT headers the ATAK may be too loud for some.

You need to cosider if you're going with headers or not. I think with Headers I would consider the Magnaflow....without headers you'll probably be better off with the ATAK.

Now....the 2.5" Magnaflow Comp is totally different.

Keep doing your research and listening to videos.
How different are they really? Same setup, X pipe to the muffler in the back. The only thing different is the muffler chamber design?

So what would you say is better? a 3" diameter pipe or a 2.5" Being the engineer (athough I have never practiced, I am military) I would think they 2.5" pipe will give you more back pressure, and increased velocity of air from the engine... but the 3" will give you more volume of exhaust air to be pushed out.

From what I have heard in the videos the Magnaflow 3" competition series is MUCH louder than stock.
5% tint, AC red interior overhead LED, footwell, grill and engine bay lighting, license plate LEDs, reverse LEDs, painted black badges, bowtie, and tail light bezels, Heritage grill, T3 ports with LEDs, T3 splitter with cooler, carbon fiber vinyl hashmarks, TSW Nurburgring wheels, Nitto Invo tires, Hurst shifter, RX 1LE catch can, Rotofab intake, American Racing headers, Flowmaster exhaust, CMS camshaft, 3.91 rear end, BMR suspension, StopTech rotors, steel brake lines 456RWHP 422Tq on Mustang Dynamometer. Built, tuned by Cunningham Motorsports. SD Region SCCA
H1Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 03:02 AM   #32
BertRandom

Drives: 2010 Camaro Black 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BalogUK View Post
so natural choice for my 2SS was a Borla; Borla ATAK Cat-Back is phenomenal.
what he said
BertRandom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
best exhaust