Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 07-26-2009, 11:30 AM   #85
scooter82
"sarge"

Drives: not ordered yet May 2010
not bad but i agree the rear wheels are a little big...change that and i'd be ALOT happier
scooter82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 11:34 AM   #86
chevyridinghigh
The Bowtie Is Back

Drives: 2010 Silver Camaro SS/RS -Blk Int.
Cool overall look. Rims are way too big for my liking, it ruins everything else.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:23 PM   #87
EKG

Drives: Right now....a Honda CR-V
Personally, I love the car. And that bowtie is exactly what I am planning on doing to my car once I get it! Good job Epic!!
EKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 01:11 PM   #88
CG'sSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS and 1985 L98 Corvette
I love what you did to the engine compartment and interior...but even though it is minimal and correct me if I am wrong but this isn't a SS/RS since it has no HIDs it would add that extra hint of touch to your look....
1985 Corvette
CG'sSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 01:28 PM   #89
SoloSK71

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsedTaHaveA68 View Post
So if SEMA is all about being different from other people, why are you throwing the same oversized wheels with rubber band tires that every single other person on the planet seems to be doing? Why not use that extra width to put a 20x14" wheel with a 375 series tire on there? And then put flares on the front to fit a 315 or something?
First of all, while these are not my preference but that does not mean there is anything wrong with them. Someone likes them enough to pay for them then let them go to it.

Second, thin tires are the new sports car look, for any kind of sports car. Try anything different and you will get skewered with such faint praise as "too retro", "not modern enough" and "belongs on a (insert gen 2, 3, 4 here) car" when you ask for comments. Do I think that, from a performance perspective that this is not the right build for it? Yes, but then if I were truly honest with going for pure performance then I would be running a 14" or 15" steel wheel with race slicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsedTaHaveA68 View Post
A) I hate wheels that tall. They're disproportionate to the rest of the car. Imagine a 5'3" 105lb hottie with size 13 shoes. It just ain't right.
No, more like a 5'3" girl wearing 8" heels.

My personal choice would be a widebody kit that would allow 21"x12" rear with 375/25-21 tires and 20"x12" front with 315/25-20 tires and have a diffuser in the rear that lowered the profile back down.

But there are probably people who just read this and said "ew!" and are going to flame.

- SK
- Good money, bad girls. How can life be any better?
- God saves. The devil invests.

- This may be the ultimate guide to problem solving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyCarlo View Post
it's not a WD-40 problem, so it's got to be a duct tape problem
SoloSK71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 03:51 PM   #90
CamaroTransAmFAM
DIE HARD G.M.FAN 4 LIFE

Drives: 99 TransAm WS6,00 TransAm WS6,05GTP
this car is great especially the quarter vent
#1 DIE HARD GM FAN SSuperior MotorSportz "the SSpirit of Championz,The Attitude of Winnerz,"TEAM FBODY WE LIVE AND BREATHE PERFORMANCE"General Motors 4 Life "CAMARO & TRANS AM RACING ORGANIZATION" THE STREETZ IS A JUNGLE,ONLY 2 BEAST REIGN AS KING:THE PONTIAC TRANS AM WS6/FIREHAWK & CAMARO SS/Z28
CamaroTransAmFAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 05:27 PM   #91
nichoLaS9

Drives: '96 Grand 'Hero
I dunno why everyone is hating on the rims so much.. yes they are too big for everyday practicality and too big for most peoples tastes (including my own) BUT THE CAR IS GOING TO SEMA!! its not about practicality up there, its about showing off personal talent and imagination. NICE CAR epic!
nichoLaS9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:37 PM   #92
Restroom
Screw it; buying a Vette

Drives: '08 Corvette C6 Coupe (A6)
Okay, this is going to sound funny coming from me, but this is the first hint of anything Camaro-related going to SEMA that I can get even remotely excited about.
Yes, the wheels are freaking ridiculous, out of proportion for the car, and possibly even a safety issue. You knew I was going to say that, and I'll keep saying it so long as people put gigantic, dumbass wheels on a car that's simply not designed to accept them. But let's put that behind us for now.
Doing whatever they did to get seven inches of clearance width out of the Camaro, considering all the issues particular to this car when messing around with the body back there, is a tribute to the kind of right-minded idealism, engineering and materials wisdom, and ability to make things real that this guy and whatever bodyshop (?!) he frequents/owns/has chained in his basement. It's a fantastic thing to have that extra wheel clearance, because when we start building the drivetrain toward the upper end of what it can handle and beyond to whatever people can dream of, that extra 3½-4 inches of rubber is going to be absolutely necessary in the battle to get the car to hook up. And even with as much as I disdain the cartoon wheels themselves, the design is pretty and they're taller in the back than the front, giving the car just a hint of a rake that I haven't seen anyone, suspensionwise or wheelwise, go for yet. This car will look terrific with a big, mean, ass-up rake, and even if making it so will likely destroy its handling, so will a lot of things, and you pick and choose.

Bravo, EpicSS, you brought a grin and a thumbs-up out of the unlikeliest of folks. There is now something worth seeing at SEMA.
Restroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:50 PM   #93
SoloSK71

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
BTW - did you make that front bowtie and if so is it a part you will be offering?

Or where I can get one?

- SK
- Good money, bad girls. How can life be any better?
- God saves. The devil invests.

- This may be the ultimate guide to problem solving.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontyCarlo View Post
it's not a WD-40 problem, so it's got to be a duct tape problem
SoloSK71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 09:41 PM   #94
jeffclark533

Drives: 68 Camaro, 2000 Camaro
this car totally blows my mind. can't wait until they complete the interior. love the size and offset of the rims. That a$$ is huge!!!
Old 07-26-2009, 10:13 PM   #95
69 Hugger

Drives: 69 Convertible Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by nichoLaS9 View Post
I dunno why everyone is hating on the rims so much.. yes they are too big for everyday practicality and too big for most peoples tastes (including my own) BUT THE CAR IS GOING TO SEMA!! its not about practicality up there, its about showing off personal talent and imagination. NICE CAR epic!
Listen to the noob< It's SEMA,
69 Hugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 12:46 AM   #96
mrgm
cheap and fast

Drives: older
that has to be the best wide body kit i have seen on a car.

How much? How would one go about installing these?
mrgm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 01:35 AM   #97
KIMBERSSGIRL1
2010 RS/SS Camaro Owner!

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Wow there's a lot I think is really cool with that car and my hubby Jim says so too!
Loves the wide body and the open vents!!! Great Job!!!

He also thinks the rims are a bit over the top tall for his liking but he would have added a lower ground effects kit to take care of the extra ground height of it to look more lowered and Road Racer-ish.
He loves the Black and Red color of the wheels on a Black car giving it an evilish appearance,Just not as much the style of those wheels.
That Bowtie is exactley what we want as well! Gloss Black and Red!

If he did it,(Exterior) He'd also put on some type of Lower ground effects,Corvette style diffuser with center exhaust. But the painted one still looks nice! Also a taller rear spoiler and BAM! One Bad looking Road racing style Camaro!

But it' sure is a cool looking Modified camaro anyway you look at it!
It sure is different!
Old 07-27-2009, 01:42 AM   #98
oxidizr

Drives: 2010 Cadillac CTS, 2011 Camaro SS
Nice choice on the exhaust

Let me know if we can help out in any future endeavors.
oxidizr is offline   Reply With Quote