Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 02-20-2016, 06:10 PM   #1
joeneelyf

Drives: 2015 Camaro RS silver riding on 20s
Talking Lowering???

I been thinkning of lowering my 2015 Camaro RS. I saw a lot of people have BMR springs I was wondering how good they were? I still want the stiff stock ride and no bounce I want some insight on the ride and quality. Or should I do coilovers if I go that route? If so what brands are good and how do they ride?
joeneelyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 06:47 PM   #2
Jaybird4u

Drives: 2014 SS/RS
Just 10 days ago I lowered mine with BMR 1.4 i drop in the front and 1.0 drop in the back along with BMR upgraded sway bars and front endlinks. Just today I took it out for some aggressive driving and I love it. However, the ride will be slightly more harsh when going over uneven pavement and if you run a splitter you do have to be more careful when going up driveways or entering parking lots. The handling and cornering is fantastic though.
Color Red Rock, Kooks LT Headers with High FLow cats, Flowmaster American Thunder Axel back, Vmax ported TB, Kenne Bell 2.8 Liquid cooled supercharger, 560 RWHP, Stillen splitter, Vitesse throttle controller, BMR sway bars, BMR 1.2" front springs and 1.0" rear springs, BMR upgraded front end links, 35% tint, Diode Dynamics interior and exterior lighting, Carbon fiber Bowties, Hood spears.
Jaybird4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 08:29 PM   #3
joeneelyf

Thanks man so the ride will be stiffer? Is there any bounce?
Old 02-21-2016, 06:53 AM   #4
Jaybird4u

I guess you can stiffer and I wouldn't say bounce but definitely feel the bumps in the road more. As far as
The stiffness goes I'm not sure how much of that is from the springs vs the sway bars. Most likely that is from the sways.
Color Red Rock, Kooks LT Headers with High FLow cats, Flowmaster American Thunder Axel back, Vmax ported TB, Kenne Bell 2.8 Liquid cooled supercharger, 560 RWHP, Stillen splitter, Vitesse throttle controller, BMR sway bars, BMR 1.2" front springs and 1.0" rear springs, BMR upgraded front end links, 35% tint, Diode Dynamics interior and exterior lighting, Carbon fiber Bowties, Hood spears.
Old 02-22-2016, 09:34 AM   #5
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
If a good set of coil overs is within your budget they are definitely the way to go. If you are going with lowering springs BMR is definitely a great option. I have used them on 3 of my personal cars. With any lowering spring the ride will be more firm simply due to the nature of what they are. As long as your shocks/struts are in good shape it shouldn't bounce.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 11:28 AM   #6
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird4u View Post
if you run a splitter you do have to be more careful when going up driveways or entering parking lots. The handling and cornering is fantastic though.
Anytime you lower a car, you have to get adjusted to driveway grade differences
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 12:49 PM   #7
Jaybird4u

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
Anytime you lower a car, you have to get adjusted to driveway grade differences

I'm loving my setup that I ordered from BMR. I recently forced induced and now my OEM strut bar won't fit. I was told since I lowered and put your upgraded sway bars on that I do not necessarily need a front end strut bar. I was told, if anything, I may want to add a rear strut bar or some sort of a brace to tighten up the rear end since I am now pushing more power. Is there anything you would recommend?
Old 02-22-2016, 03:27 PM   #8
BMR Sales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybird4u View Post
I'm loving my setup that I ordered from BMR. I recently forced induced and now my OEM strut bar won't fit. I was told since I lowered and put your upgraded sway bars on that I do not necessarily need a front end strut bar. I was told, if anything, I may want to add a rear strut bar or some sort of a brace to tighten up the rear end since I am now pushing more power. Is there anything you would recommend?
Strut Tower Braces in many cases are more for looks than anything else. In the case of your Mods, I think one would be a Benefit. Unfortunately, I don't have one that fits your application (Supercharger).

I don't have a rear Strut Bar either. Have you done your Cradle Bushings? Those tend to settle the rear of the car vs. the Soft Rubber OEM's
Old 02-22-2016, 03:29 PM   #9
Jaybird4u

I have not but I will definitely consider that, thanks.
Old 02-22-2016, 10:38 PM   #10
joeneelyf

Do you know if lowering will void warranty. I wanted the dealership to do most of the work to my car but they said that alone without parts would be 900
Old 02-23-2016, 09:35 AM   #11
BMR Sales

I would not have a Dealership do the work! Their Labor Rates are higher and quite frankly if a Computer doesn't tell them how to do something, they are Stumped! You are in Charlotte, there have to be a thousand shops that can do it right.
Old 02-23-2016, 10:31 AM   #12
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeneelyf View Post
Do you know if lowering will void warranty. I wanted the dealership to do most of the work to my car but they said that alone without parts would be 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
I would not have a Dealership do the work! Their Labor Rates are higher and quite frankly if a Computer doesn't tell them how to do something, they are Stumped! You are in Charlotte, there have to be a thousand shops that can do it right.
This. Labor should be about 1/3 of that.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 08:57 PM   #13
Demon War Horse
War Horse Pilot

Drives: 2017 NFG 1SS 1LE
I run Hitchkiss 1" and they are stiff! I love it though. Pics in build thread if you click on my Sig pic. $200 install from a friends shop, that $900 is way high!

SigPic by Hazman
Demon War Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 09:25 PM   #14
Caseyls3

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS Convertible
It is an easy install - do it yourself and use the $$ for more mods.

2011 Camaro SS/RS Vert - Jewel Red Tintcoat, 6M, 231/247 Comp Cam, Kooks headers, Borla ATAK, ATI under drive pulley, Richmond 4.10s, LS9 clutch, Hurst shifter, BMR Springs
Caseyls3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brands, lowering, springs