Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-13-2010, 06:23 PM   #1
H1Chester
Bowties forever

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, 2015 Ram 1500 Sport
Best Exhaust?

YES I just dropped the question and the big debate.

I did use the search function to try to find the debate because I was sure it was already started somewhere but I can't find it... If it is out there could someone point me in the right direction?

I have a Flowmaster on my Silverado, but open to anything if it is reasonably priced and will give you great bang for the buck!

Thanks.
5% tint, AC red interior overhead LED, footwell, grill and engine bay lighting, license plate LEDs, reverse LEDs, painted black badges, bowtie, and tail light bezels, Heritage grill, T3 ports with LEDs, T3 splitter with cooler, carbon fiber vinyl hashmarks, TSW Nurburgring wheels, Nitto Invo tires, Hurst shifter, RX 1LE catch can, Rotofab intake, American Racing headers, Flowmaster exhaust, CMS camshaft, 3.91 rear end, BMR suspension, StopTech rotors, steel brake lines 456RWHP 422Tq on Mustang Dynamometer. Built, tuned by Cunningham Motorsports. SD Region SCCA
H1Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:28 PM   #2
IBM/2SS/RS/LS3
NorCal Camaro➎ Member

Drives: Bowties ONLY!!
I'm going with MBRP in a custom finish........
IBM/2SS/RS/LS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:30 PM   #3
BalogUK
THE architect.

Drives: 2SS/RS M6
best exhaust is the one you personally like best...
From the stock system to the aftermarket you really can't get too far out of line- stock system is remarkably well designed, decent volume & tone.

Personally speaking, I've run Borla on my trucks and loved em...
so natural choice for my 2SS was a Borla; Borla ATAK Cat-Back is phenomenal.
#34122 EMPTIED, AT YARD ON 8/26/09; Delivered 9/07/09
MODS: Borla ATAK Cat-Back GFX (#140378), 35% Ceramic all-around, CAI, Inc. Intake w/ Scoop, Hurst Short Throw, Heritage Grille, GM Dove Tail, Laser Interceptor Triple v8.9, Passport Max, Pfadt ZL Stage 2
BalogUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:33 PM   #4
itsorange

Drives: 2010 CamaroSS2
I don't race for a living so I chose the best sounding setup. It took me months to finally decide and I went with the JBA system from the LT headers to the tips.

there is a sticky at the top of this forum just for you, sample all the different setups and narrow it down to a select few. Then find someone in your area that has that setup and listen to them in person, or just go to the camaro5 meet and you can hear them all

if you want the old muscle rumble stick with H-pipes, if you want the late model tuned engine sound go with the X-Pipe.

If its power you want then its a "less is more" game, if you know what I mean
itsorange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:35 PM   #5
naga
Always be positive!!!

Drives: IMB 1ss/ MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BalogUK View Post
best exhaust is the one you personally like best...
From the stock system to the aftermarket you really can't get too far out of line- stock system is remarkably well designed, decent volume & tone.

Personally speaking, I've run Borla on my trucks and loved em...
so natural choice for my 2SS was a Borla; Borla ATAK Cat-Back is phenomenal.

Borla ATAK Cat-Back

Borla ATAK catback/ K&N CAI/ Diablo Tune for now
naga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:38 PM   #6
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpizzle007 View Post
stock is super cool. i would buy another set of stock cans and make it double muffler, like the double cats. sweet.
stock is super lame ..... quiet.. huge

there isn't a best exhaust.... its what you like.... i like corsa the best
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 06:59 PM   #7
Apex Paul

Drives: Wagon Queen Family Truckster
There is no "best", it's all subjective for 99.9% of all buyers. Personal preference, that is all it comes to.

For the other .1%, the serious racers, big SC/FI applications, etc... maybe a different story.

There are certainly systems that are out there that are not as high of a quality as others, but most of the opinions and suggestions you see here will be for systems that are of a pretty good caliber.
Apex Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 07:14 PM   #8
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Get whatever you want, but definitely get rid of the garbage cans that GM gave us from the factory, I have Corsa and it sounds awesome.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:27 PM   #9
bi11ymc
"Silver Street"

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by H1Chester View Post
YES I just dropped the question and the big debate.

I did use the search function to try to find the debate because I was sure it was already started somewhere but I can't find it... If it is out there could someone point me in the right direction?

I have a Flowmaster on my Silverado, but open to anything if it is reasonably priced and will give you great bang for the buck!

Thanks.
Listen to all the choices and choose

CAI Inc., ARH LT Headers with Cats, Borla Touring Cat-Back; Pfadt Coil Overs, Sway Bars, End Links, and Trailing Arms; Comp Cams Blower Cam, Dual Springs, Push-Rods, and Lifters; GM LS2 Lifter Trays, 6.2 MLS Head Gaskets, Crank Bolt, and LS2 Front Cover; 3-Bolt Conversion Timing Gear, Katech C5R Timing Chain, ARP LS2/LS3 Head Bolt Kit, Melling Hi Volume Oil Pump, TVS 2300 Supercharger (Black); Build by Vengeance Racing; Custom Tune by Vengeance Racing
bi11ymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:12 AM   #10
H1Chester
Bowties forever

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, 2015 Ram 1500 Sport
Without any doing any research I was thinking Magnaflow or Corsa...
5% tint, AC red interior overhead LED, footwell, grill and engine bay lighting, license plate LEDs, reverse LEDs, painted black badges, bowtie, and tail light bezels, Heritage grill, T3 ports with LEDs, T3 splitter with cooler, carbon fiber vinyl hashmarks, TSW Nurburgring wheels, Nitto Invo tires, Hurst shifter, RX 1LE catch can, Rotofab intake, American Racing headers, Flowmaster exhaust, CMS camshaft, 3.91 rear end, BMR suspension, StopTech rotors, steel brake lines 456RWHP 422Tq on Mustang Dynamometer. Built, tuned by Cunningham Motorsports. SD Region SCCA
H1Chester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:22 AM   #11
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Bang for Buck??

Doug Thorley without a doubt.

Ask me how I know.
Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:36 AM   #12
youngoliver

Drives: 2SS/RS SIM -- Lifted 99' GMC
I'm currently debating corsa and borla... they give me the sound im looking for
Old 07-14-2010, 01:44 AM   #13
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Paul View Post
There is no "best", it's all subjective for 99.9% of all buyers. Personal preference, that is all it comes to.

For the other .1%, the serious racers, big SC/FI applications, etc... maybe a different story.

There are certainly systems that are out there that are not as high of a quality as others, but most of the opinions and suggestions you see here will be for systems that are of a pretty good caliber.
What ^ said.

It's all personal preference.

I LOVE my stainless works. LT's and complete exhaust. It ain't cheap stuff, that's for sure. But, there is nothing like it. Sounds like NASCAR when you get on it. lol...I get SO many compliments on it.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 03:31 AM   #14
whamslam3
Camaro King [^*^*^]

Drives: Apollo 11 Camaro IOM
they all have there own sound to it so its hard to choose the best. but if i had to choose from them it wold prob be magnaflow or borla or corsa

Tags
best exhaust