Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 05-06-2012, 05:44 AM   #71
bulllett

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by cactuseater View Post
Gateway? No way, even if they were across the street....no use for that kind of arrogance - especially since reading that public post on FB.
What post are you talking about? Since its a post on a public site, you can certainly quote it up here..........

Quote:
Just a question about the BBB thingy. Exactly who does one file the complaint against? Specific dealership or GM ? If it's GM, what address and contact do you file it under? Just in case I need to get this done. My gripe isn't with my dealer, they've always been on the same page as me, and so truthful it hurts laughing WITH them sometimes. The deal is, I'd like this to go right to GM if I file so as to not tarnish those who have actually been trying to help. It's GM that keep getting in their way with approvals and dis-approvals..... ????? Any help is invited, PM me if you need to. Thanks
I've spoken with my dealership about these very concerns. Unfortunately, you have to file against them.
bulllett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 06:57 AM   #72
cam62

Drives: 2012 IBM Vert 2SS/rs
Quote:
Just a question about the BBB thingy. Exactly who does one file the complaint against? Specific dealership or GM ? If it's GM, what address and contact do you file it under? Just in case I need to get this done. My gripe isn't with my dealer, they've always been on the same page as me, and so truthful it hurts laughing WITH them sometimes. The deal is, I'd like this to go right to GM if I file so as to not tarnish those who have actually been trying to help. It's GM that keep getting in their way with approvals and dis-approvals..... ????? Any help is invited, PM me if you need to. Thanks
Your complaint is against the manufacturer. It made the car with the faulty top.

There are basically two processes (each state is unique so check your local laws). There is the legal process for the Lemon Law and then the bbb process.

Better Business Bureau is like an arbitrator. They work on your behalf against and with the manufacturer to resolve your issue with the manufacturer. They generally use your states lemon laws as their guidelines.

In my case, I filed both processes simultaneously. GM agreed to buy mine back through the bbb process and I dropped the legal lemon law process.

http://www.bbb.org/us/arizona-lemon-law/

http://www.azag.gov/consumer/cars.html
Old 05-06-2012, 09:17 AM   #73
bulllett

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam62 View Post
Better Business Bureau is like an arbitrator. They work on your behalf against and with the manufacturer to resolve your issue with the manufacturer.
Really interesting that you say that. I specifically discussed this with my dealership for the same reason as cactus and they told me that I file against them. As well as the fact with my previous filing (ironically, in trying to purchase the car ), I filed on them.

I say "really interesting" because I'm always wondering about motivations; why would somebody do something. This makes me wonder if what the dealer said was honest or was he just trying to use my intentions as a tool to keep me from filing.

Though I would think, like any other lawsuit (which this is in the same ballpark), that you file against the representative you got the item/service from. And it would be up to them to show proof to get them out of the loop.
bulllett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:23 AM   #74
Michael Rophone

Drives: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeec View Post
...when was the last time you actually saw a vert mustang with it's top down. That's the reason they don't have marks, they just don't put them down....
I chose to buy a glass roof Mustang GT. It's the feeling of a top down, without the noise, the marks, or the leaks.
Spoiled by the Mustang, I traded a trouble-free '10 Camaro with 2,300+ miles for a '12 Camaro Pandora's Box convertible.
Big mistake.
Obviously, age does not impart wisdom when you're an insane car collector.
Michael Rophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:29 PM   #75
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
Bulllett your dealership is partially right. If you have an issue with them, you would file against the. I/E they refuse to fix your car. If the issue is with the manufacturer I/E top keeps crapping out, You will file and state what remedy you would like. Top fixed, new car etc. They then act as the mediator between either the dealer or manufacturer. If you go the buyback route, the BBB uses your states lemon law statue to go by.
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:02 PM   #76
texfre

Drives: 2011 Conv 2SS RS 6 Hurst SRX-4
Quote:
I refuse to buy a slower vehicle. Plus, when was the last time you actually saw a vert mustang with it's top down. That's the reason they don't have marks, they just don't put them down.

How do I start a complaint with the BBB? Is the one in Detroit or a local one?
At least on my 05 GT mustang I was able to put the top down. Got my 11 Convert March 19 and after contacting my dealer, thanks Camaro5, I had to wait unti May 3 to get the TSB done, so I took the top down for the 2nd time on the way home. The new TSB increased the wind noice significantly on the reight rear side. I did not have one problem with the Mustang in 7 years. it was almost as quick, you could actuallt put stuff in the trunk and didn't need premium gas. If I could switch back, I would. The Camaro has to go back to the dealer in 3 weeks, for wind noise, rotor rust, a/c module reprogrammed so although the car looks great Iam not too happy with GM right now. In Canada this Camaro was $53,740 MSRP, the Mustang $10K cheaper.
texfre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:51 PM   #77
cam62

Drives: 2012 IBM Vert 2SS/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulllett View Post
Really interesting that you say that. I specifically discussed this with my dealership for the same reason as cactus and they told me that I file against them. As well as the fact with my previous filing (ironically, in trying to purchase the car ), I filed on them.

I say "really interesting" because I'm always wondering about motivations; why would somebody do something. This makes me wonder if what the dealer said was honest or was he just trying to use my intentions as a tool to keep me from filing.

Though I would think, like any other lawsuit (which this is in the same ballpark), that you file against the representative you got the item/service from. And it would be up to them to show proof to get them out of the loop.
I can't speak for the motivation of your dealership. Quite possible they are simply ignorant to the process. The Better Business Bureau has many functions. As birdible said - If you have an issue with your dealership that you can't seem to get resolved you can file a complaint with your States Better Business Bureau and they will work on your behalf to resolve the complaint to the satisfication of everyone.

For what it's worth here is a link to Connecticut Better Business Bureau Lemon Law program.

http://www.bbb.org/us/connecticut-lemon-law/

I don't know about Connecticut but in Florida and many other states dealerships are required to provide a lemon law handbook to the purchasers of new cars the describe the process. We are also required to sign that we recieved the handbook.

Simply filing with the Better Business Bureau does not mean you are insisting on a new car. You will generally have an opportunity to negotiate an agreed upon resolution. So, if you are attached to your car, you don't need to INSIST on a buy back.

What I was specifically referring to was Cactus' question. From his comments here, he does not have an issue with his dealership, but with the issues related to the top which are clearly a manufacturer defect. In that case he would file against the manufacturer.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:27 PM   #78
Micki

Drives: 2012 Vert RS 2LT
Quote:

Just look up the BBB...once you are on the site. Pick your state. It walks you thru the process. If you have any issues you can also call them. I had to file over the phone because it wouldn't let me pick "2012" for the year of my car. Within 4 hours of filing, GM called me. I talked to my dealer before I filed. I didn't want them to have an issue. They told me to file because it has nothing to do with them. It doesn't effect them in any way. I hope this helps
Micki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:32 PM   #79
Micki

Quote:
Sounds really bad Micki. Ouch. My coupe is perfect, but wifey's vert has it's problems as well, nothing near as bad though. Gateway? No way, even if they were across the street....no use for that kind of arrogance - especially since reading that public post on FB. I actually use Chapman Chevy down in Tempe. My vert top replacement will be their first, and gotta let them give it a shot. I am hoping for the best. They've been overly good to us since I've been a customer down there, nothing bad to say. The manager down there told me he will not give me the car back unless it's right. It's really crappy to hear someone having so many issues and the dealer can't get it worked out. Do what you need to do to get that thing resolved, you've got yourself a bad car. Bummer. Such a good looking automobile and yet so many things wrong. Good luck girl, start the process for a buy back. Bummer.....
I'm sorry your wife's car is having issues. I know people that had their tops replaced and so far no issues. My dealer can fix some of my issues...other's they can't figure out. It's not their fault. They didn't build the car. GM needs to take responsibility. That post from Gateway was bad... A GM rep actually turned that post in to customer service. It's sad that someone from a dealership would write that.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:37 PM   #80
Micki

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam62 View Post
I can't speak for the motivation of your dealership. Quite possible they are simply ignorant to the process. The Better Business Bureau has many functions. As birdible said - If you have an issue with your dealership that you can't seem to get resolved you can file a complaint with your States Better Business Bureau and they will work on your behalf to resolve the complaint to the satisfication of everyone.

For what it's worth here is a link to Connecticut Better Business Bureau Lemon Law program.

http://www.bbb.org/us/connecticut-lemon-law/

I don't know about Connecticut but in Florida and many other states dealerships are required to provide a lemon law handbook to the purchasers of new cars the describe the process. We are also required to sign that we recieved the handbook.

Simply filing with the Better Business Bureau does not mean you are insisting on a new car. You will generally have an opportunity to negotiate an agreed upon resolution. So, if you are attached to your car, you don't need to INSIST on a buy back.

What I was specifically referring to was Cactus' question. From his comments here, he does not have an issue with his dealership, but with the issues related to the top which are clearly a manufacturer defect. In that case he would file against the manufacturer.
I'm in Jersey and my dealership told me to file. They said it won't effect them
Old 05-06-2012, 09:58 PM   #81
Bonanza7
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010, Rally Yellow, Black stripes
Quote:
I refuse to buy a slower vehicle. Plus, when was the last time you actually saw a vert mustang with it's top down. That's the reason they don't have marks, they just don't put them down.

How do I start a complaint with the BBB? Is the one in Detroit or a local one?
One, the Mustang is NOT a slower vehicle. If anything, it is faster since it is hundreds of pounds lighter. Second, most rag top owners don't put the tops down that much. BUT...I had my Mustang convert...3 of them since '99, and never once had a top problem of any sort. and mine was down nearly every time I drove it. I put the top up whenever I got out of the car, and never left it down overnight, as I was told by a great top installer, who, as usual, replaced tops on GM verts. From '99 to '08, never a rub mark, pinch or problem with the Mustang vert. Only some fold marks, which were quickly removed with Simple Green. So, your remarks about the Mustang are way off base, and just partisan, instead of based on facts. Fact is, GM can't, and does not have the will to do it right. GM is playing C5 vert owners as if they were fools. The old saying goes: "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me".
Bonanza7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:28 PM   #82
dakota74

Drives: 2014 Summit White; 2SS/RS
Reading your posts about the BBB/Lemon Law, I am definitely going to go that route if these guys don't make good on replacing my roof. Still waiting to hear on that issue.....
dakota74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:01 PM   #83
Fnfalguy
Supreme Advisor

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
My convertible currently does not leak. However, the recall repair will be applied to my top at the dealership so it better not leak afterwards! I have to admit, as nervous as I am about the "fix" going to the dealership does allow me to look at new SS' and possibly a ZL-1 if I'm lucky!

Last edited by Fnfalguy; 05-07-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Fnfalguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:19 PM   #84
topscomindown!

Drives: 2012 Black Convertible 2LT/RS
I just dropped my vert off at the dealership to get the recall done. They said about two to three days it'll be ready.. I had no leaking or rubbing issues yet but didn't wanna wait til it happened so I took it in right away.. Will let you know the outcome
topscomindown! is offline   Reply With Quote