Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 12-11-2021, 05:23 PM   #1
Bennieficial

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green Camaro SS
Humming & engine whining through speakers

I have some aftermarket speakers with a 5 channel Alpine PDR-V75 with the sub.thump FARK kit. I've always had some feedback coming through the speakers and engine whining noises as I accelerate. Recently I decided to see if I could fix that, so I installed some ground loop isolators. Oddly, that actually made my problem worse and much louder. So I started messing around a bit and made a few discoveries with these scenarios:

FARK -> Amp:
When all RCA cables go from the FARK directly to the amp, I have humming and engine noises with all speakers

FARK -> Amp AND Headunit -> Amp:
The channels that are connected directly from the back of the HU to the amp are clean (no humming sound or engine noises). But the channels that are connected from the FARK to the amp have light humming (but no engine noises). For example, my fronts hum but my rears are clean or vice versa.

Note: At least one RCA cable has to be plugged in from the FARK to any input on the amp. Otherwise my amp will not power on.

Anybody have some ideas on what's going on here and the best way for me to eliminate noise on all channels? It basically seems like I only get noise with connections from the FARK

And sorry if this is confusing, I tried to describe as best as I could!
Bennieficial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 01:31 AM   #2
209SS

Drives: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro SS
Did you ever figure it out ? I’m in a similar situation right now can’t find anything
209SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 01:51 PM   #3
gsxrturbo

Drives: 2010 ss
look up the big three.grounds need work
gsxrturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2022, 04:15 PM   #4
Little Walter

Drives: ZL1
If you are grounded good and have good RCA cables, I wonder do you have a defective connector within the FARK itself, I think at one time I did have a intermittent humming problem which was a bad RCA cable, I replaced with the Stinger 9000 RCA. I have the Alpine PDX F6 four channel amp and I am using the FARK with no problems now 100% clean.
Little Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2022, 03:30 AM   #5
WVracer

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS3 M6 (Sold)
My system started doing the same. I also have the FARK harness. It ended up being on of my RCA plugs coming loose.
2011 IOM 2SS/RS LS3 M6- Injen CAI, TSP 1 7/8” headers, PTB, Hurst short throw, Corsa catback exhaust, 20" TSW Nurburgrings, BMR lower control arms, BMR tunnel brace, Hotchkis lowering springs. 3660lbs. Tuned by me (sold)

2010 RJT 1SS/RS LS3 M6- CAI, TSP 2” headers, TSP F-35 cam, PTB, Hurst short throw, Dronemaster catback, BMR lowering springs, Kirkey seats, 20”/18” Weld Belmonts, 3550lbs.
WVracer is offline   Reply With Quote