Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / PA

Old 01-31-2012, 09:36 AM   #155
Wicked Rides Car Club

Drives: 1957 Chevy , Monte Carlo vert
Al my back is not doing well if not better by tomorrow AM i will have to miss this meeting. i was looking forward to comming. i will send our show flyers with Tony. if its ok can i make the next meeting with Tony. Thank you for the invite.
Tony
Old 02-03-2012, 08:23 AM   #156
SOPMOD
El Presidente (SJCC)

Drives: 2011 SS2 / 2011 LT
Glad you made it, we had a great time and look forward to the upcoming year!!

SOPMOD...OUT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicked Rides Car Club View Post
Al my back is not doing well if not better by tomorrow AM i will have to miss this meeting. i was looking forward to comming. i will send our show flyers with Tony. if its ok can i make the next meeting with Tony. Thank you for the invite.
Tony

People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because a soldier stands ready to do
violence on their behalf.
SOPMOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:44 AM   #157
SOPMOD
El Presidente (SJCC)

I have 20% all the way around on both camaros and my Vette.

You could do 20% on the rear and 35% on doors and that does not look bad either.
Remember all tint is not he same, depends on the manufacture.

I have herd they are hard on tint in your area, I guess it gives them something to do?

SOPMOD...OUT!

People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because a soldier stands ready to do
Old 02-04-2012, 08:18 AM   #158
edgar3

Drives: 2010 2SS
no tint...it invites unwanted attention. you catch an officer having a bad day, and now you;re having bad day... you feel me?

XSPower Longtube + Catback "Engine to Tip" polished steel
VMAX ported Throttle Body
160 degree thermostat
Street Tune East Coast Supercharging
Cold Air Inductions
TRex Phantom Black Billet Grill. Upper and lower
Custom Badging
Lloyd Floors mats
splash guards
Underhood Engine bay done
AAC LED mailslot strip lights
Flowing Cheese Fondue waterfall in console
Various food items to dip into warm cheese
edgar3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 09:15 AM   #159
2011ss/rs

Drives: 11 ss/rs RJT w/Black Cherry stripes
Send a message via AIM to 2011ss/rs
So far no tint issues for me
Old 02-04-2012, 10:04 AM   #160
syoder76

Drives: 2012 victory red 2ss RS manual LS3
Jersey-window tint-need opinion

Well, I finally found my way back to your site. I book marked it this time ( Im learning, it took a warning or two, but I am learning ). Here is my question...
I had a vision for my victory red Camaro. Im 70% complete. My car is currently at East Coast Supercharging getting some upgrades. I already purchased the black rims I wanted as well. Just when I was ready to give the order for window tinting, I read that its partialy illeagle in Jersey. In order to achieve the look I want , I need uniform tinting. The guys at ECS said they never recieved a complaint yet, when tinting new cars. They said if you drive an older piece of sh$t Kia-Honda-hyndia ect ect with a laud muffler ,you will attract attention from the police. He said it was his opinion that new cars with tinting is more classy then it is showing off trying to be cool. 2nd point...I talked with an officer from Williamstown ( a good friend of mine) and he said "dont do it". Im not a fan of 20% side windows, 35% rear quarter windows and 20% back windshield. Im concerned that 20% all around wont look dark enough. I need opinions please and or pictures. I pick my car up this Tuesday, so I need opinions ASAP...please. Thank You from Sean of Swedesboro, S Jersey.
Im so ticked off about this.It doesn't seem right for the government ( local or federal ) to tell me its ok to drive in PA with tint, but its not ok if you live in Jersey. Yes, I would consider 20%, but I would need to see a picture of it 1st. I worried that 20%, would look right. Its seems like it would be to transparrent. So lite that the window looks discollored or a grey blue-ish apperance. And then there's the other opinion of attracting unwanted attention at the wront time... I would have to obey every limit, and stop on a dim at every stop sign.
I could swear the ZL1 comes dark tinted. At least it comes off that way on the Chey web sight. I dont see any fine print about the tinting in that picture beeing an add on. I guess I will do 20% so long as I get to see it 1st on another Camaro.This is the 1st time I ever went away from chrome. Everything had to be right for me to have the currage to go dark.
syoder76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:51 AM   #161
SOPMOD
El Presidente (SJCC)

I did not mean to start a flame thread about Law Enforcement, not my intent.
Although I do not agree with the tint laws of NJ, that's the way it is.

Tinting the car knowing you can be ticketed is the choice you are going to have to decide if it's worth the hassle and the fine.

SOPMOD...OUT!

Old 02-04-2012, 12:34 PM   #162
syoder76

I deleted my reply. Sorry to have offended you. My apologies .
Old 02-04-2012, 01:09 PM   #163
SOPMOD
El Presidente (SJCC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syoder76 View Post
I deleted my reply. Sorry to have offended you. My apologies .
You did not offend me, you are more than welcome to voice your opinion.
Please fee free to ask questions I just did not want the thread to turn into a LE bash. No worries and you are welcome any time!

SOPMOD...OUT!

Old 02-05-2012, 01:48 PM   #164
syoder76

Thank you. I do have a question. I would like to join your club, for the simply because I want to ( it would be nice to brag about ). However, I work for the military and the current state of world affairs requires me to work an average of 6 to 7 days a week. So...it goes without saying that I'm not sure if I can make meetings or funtions. I would like to, but I never know my availability until the last minute. Is there a requirement to make a certin amount of meetings or functions ? I read your bi- laws and did not see such a requirement. How do you feel about that ?
Old 02-05-2012, 03:14 PM   #165
SOPMOD
El Presidente (SJCC)

You can join and attend when you can. It's up to you when and how you participate. We have both active duty and retired members now.
Feel free to join you are more than welcome!

SOPMOD...OUT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by syoder76 View Post
Thank you. I do have a question. I would like to join your club, for the simply because I want to ( it would be nice to brag about ). However, I work for the military and the current state of world affairs requires me to work an average of 6 to 7 days a week. So...it goes without saying that I'm not sure if I can make meetings or funtions. I would like to, but I never know my availability until the last minute. Is there a requirement to make a certin amount of meetings or functions ? I read your bi- laws and did not see such a requirement. How do you feel about that ?

Old 02-08-2012, 07:19 PM   #166
2011ss/rs

Don't forget Charles will be on tonight 9 PM to 10 PM listen on line at http://www.wvlt.com/listenlive.html or on your radio 92.1 WVLT.

Do us proud Charles

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to drop you all a line to let you know that I will be in the Radio Statio Studio with Ben Notaro LIVE as a Guest of Cruising 92.1 WVLT FM to talk about our Camaro Clubs (SJCC & DVCC), Camaro's, Chevrolet, GM and anything else to help promote my and hopefully your LOVE of the automobile (CAMARO). Listen in and call in if you would like, look forward to hearing from you that night.

Cruisin 92.1 WVLT FM Wednesday Feb. 8th, 2012 from 9:00 pm to 10:00 pm. 856-696-0092 request line and studio line

Thanks for your time,

Charles
Old 02-08-2012, 09:03 PM   #167
2011ss/rs

Nice job Charles and Ben
Old 02-08-2012, 09:15 PM   #168
RS/4Life

Drives: 2014 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011ss/rs View Post