Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

View Poll Results: Scenario of Choice
Piece together 2017 SS Wheels and tires. 2 40.00%
Find two Rear 14SS wheels and get matching tires. 0 0%
Hold out till Summer. No need to go Square anyways. You don't even track BRO 3 60.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-25-2018, 09:17 PM   #1
Dudley

Drives: 2014 1SS Blk
Lightbulb 6th gen SS wheels on a 5th gen (options)

Good evening everyone.
I have been on Facebook market place scrounging for deals and I have stumbled upon an option. I was looking for a possible square setup using REAR wheels from the 2017 SS. Wheels would be 9.5 all around.

Scenario 1-

Seller A - This seller is located 2 1/2 hours from my city. His offer for all 4 6th gen SS wheels is 250------ PAY ATTENTION HERE ------- Only the rears will be usable, but they have great looking 275/35/20 tires. The fronts were damaged and I would actually discard them upon returning home.

Seller B- This person is on the way to visit my parents for the holidays and offers A complete set of WHEELS ONLY no rubbers. 400$

Outcome for Scenario 1
- Pays 250 for rear WHEELS and TIRES from SellerA
Then buys set from Seller B. (I would need to find two more tires.)

Issue I face - My current stock rear tire is a 275/40/20 . Therefore it would not make it a true square Wheel/Tire combo. Does this matter for now. It will only be a daily for now.

I would put the 275/35/20 up front and the 275/40/20 in the rear. Once the
rear tires are ready to replace I would match all 4. (rears are halfway there)

Scenario 2 -
Stick with my 14SS wheels and find two rears. Get matching 275/40/20 tires....... My wheels will need to be refinished if doing so. Clear coat is peeled from previous owner.

Scenario 3 -
THIS WOULD NOT BE SQUARE SETUP. Hold out till next summer and buy 20x10 and 20x11 MRR wheels. Just to be honest here.
Dudley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 02:21 AM   #2
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
i think it would look good with the 6th gen wheels.if seller B is offering a complete set id buy them and get new rubber.usually around christmas you can find a buy 2 or 3 ,get the rest of the set free deals.maybe you could sell whats on the car now to help finance the new tires.
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2018, 07:42 AM   #3
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
You know what happens when you start asking other people their opinions they are like...……………… LOL taste is subjective, do what you want to do , just from your post you seem to have been working out the purchase to modernize your wheels......IMO do what you want, so be honest with yourself and which set will make you feel warm and fuzzy?.....LOL Taste is subjective to modify the car with out pics of your desired choices...MEH

And given choices I would think also of the excellent deal opportunity with a spare set for the rear ;Mickey Thompsons for the rear...……….track tires maybe ? Dudes going to your parents.... but money$$$$ eventually anyone offering up wheels will sell them to someone, and said person can always eventually resell the same wheels...…….. As is you would end up with one set of fronts to sell and one set to trash...……. Unless you did just keep it staggered. As always money talks and B - walks. Or if you know you will just be doing this because of costs for now and you really want to go New next year for what you think is the perfect look......its hard reselling wheels and such some times and the price / appearance will vary but only you can decide which way to go.
Old 11-26-2018, 04:25 PM   #4
Dudley

Drives: 2014 1SS Blk
Quote:
Originally Posted by christianchevell View Post
You know what happens when you start asking other people their opinions they are like...……………… LOL taste is subjective, do what you want to do , just from your post you seem to have been working out the purchase to modernize your wheels......IMO do what you want, so be honest with yourself and which set will make you feel warm and fuzzy?.....LOL Taste is subjective to modify the car with out pics of your desired choices...MEH

And given choices I would think also of the excellent deal opportunity with a spare set for the rear ;Mickey Thompsons for the rear...……….track tires maybe ? Dudes going to your parents.... but money$$$$ eventually anyone offering up wheels will sell them to someone, and said person can always eventually resell the same wheels...…….. As is you would end up with one set of fronts to sell and one set to trash...……. Unless you did just keep it staggered. As always money talks and B - walks. Or if you know you will just be doing this because of costs for now and you really want to go New next year for what you think is the perfect look......its hard reselling wheels and such some times and the price / appearance will vary but only you can decide which way to go.

I love this reply. Great thinking points to be honest.
Dudley is offline   Reply With Quote