Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 12-03-2018, 02:58 PM   #113
AG454
I am not "Fast & Furious"

Drives: 2010 Camaro LSX454 1LE
Hello guys. I’m thinking of moving to Idaho. What can you tell me about the best towns to live in and the car culture up there. Thanks.
Don't wait up 'cause I'll be late, I'll be late
AG454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 03:03 PM   #114
HammerZL1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlathim View Post
Nice to make your acquaintance. I was stupid enough to drive my Camaro today. My Tundra was outside and covered in snow and ice so I took the car instead. Mistake! They got a lot more snow in Boise than we did in Canyon County.
Yep, they got a lot more snow. I just put my ZL1 in the garage from November to March. Put about 40 Lbs of air in the tires, connect a tender, cover it and forget about it (hard). I also take everything but Comprehensive off it.

We'll have to get together. Do you drag race?
HammerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 03:06 PM   #115
HammerZL1

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by AG454 View Post
Hello guys. I’m thinking of moving to Idaho. What can you tell me about the best towns to live in and the car culture up there. Thanks.
Sounds like you have a nice car. Best towns, hmmm, hard to say. Do you work or self employed. Where were you thinking about moving to?
Lots of car stuff to do in the Boise/Nampa area for sure. Couple of Camaro Facebook pages, look 'em up. Camaros of Idaho and Camaro Club Boise. Maybe more.
Old 12-04-2018, 09:16 AM   #116
zlathim

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerZL1 View Post
Yep, they got a lot more snow. I just put my ZL1 in the garage from November to March. Put about 40 Lbs of air in the tires, connect a tender, cover it and forget about it (hard). I also take everything but Comprehensive off it.

We'll have to get together. Do you drag race?
I just got my car, so I'm not ready to put it away yet. I'll probably drive it on and off during the winter, but hopefully only when the roads are dry and clear.

I'm down to meet up. The holiday season might be a little hectic, but I'm sure we can make it happen. Do you like beer?

Yes, I plan to race at Firebird this year. The last time I raced out there was in 1989, so i have a bit of re-learning to do. Do you race?
BMR cradle & diff bushings, trailing arms, toe rods & upper control arm bushings
Hotchkis sub-frame brace
Stop Tech Z-23 brakes
4.10 gears, Eaton Truetrac, LPW diff cover
Best 1/4 mile 12.073 @ 115.68 mph 3,300 ft DA
zlathim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 09:34 AM   #117
HammerZL1

Talking

Quote:
I just got my car, so I'm not ready to put it away yet. I'll probably drive it on and off during the winter, but hopefully only when the roads are dry and clear.

I'm down to meet up. The holiday season might be a little hectic, but I'm sure we can make it happen. Do you like beer?

Yes, I plan to race at Firebird this year. The last time I raced out there was in 1989, so i have a bit of re-learning to do. Do you race?
Don't drink anymore but that doesn't matter, we could still meet and bs somewhere. Looked at some of your past threads, you've done quite a bit of work to your car. I'm impressed with the work.

I don't race anymore, hit the T&T's early and late in the year when the air is good. Trying to get an 11 second pass. So far 12.100 @ 119.80 is the best. Almost there, just not yet.
Old 12-04-2018, 11:20 AM   #118
zlathim

Thank you for the kind words. I'm having a great time building and driving this car.

Wow! Your car is fast! I don't really know what to expect from my car, but I would be very happy with a low 12 second pass. I'm sure your ZL1 is way faster, so I'll probably have to throw some more money at mine to get anywhere close to your numbers. Once I get the suspension and rear end finished up I will be selecting a cam and related components to get some more HP out of the LS3.

Let me know a good time to get together for you. I'm free most of this week after work, or this weekend might work too.
BMR cradle & diff bushings, trailing arms, toe rods & upper control arm bushings
Hotchkis sub-frame brace
Stop Tech Z-23 brakes
Old 12-04-2018, 11:29 AM   #119
zlathim

Quote:
Not knowing anything else about you, I would recommend the Treasure Valley (Boise, Meridian, Nampa). The valley has more job opportunities if you're not retired, plus it is the majority of the population base for Idaho so there are lots of things to do.
Hotchkis sub-frame brace
Stop Tech Z-23 brakes
Old 12-04-2018, 02:17 PM   #120
AG454

Quote:
Not knowing anything else about you, I would recommend the Treasure Valley (Boise, Meridian, Nampa). The valley has more job opportunities if you're not retired, plus it is the majority of the population base for Idaho so there are lots of things to do.
I’m going to be retired or at least semi-retired. Looking for a nice place to live that isn’t as expensive or crowded as Colorado.
Old 12-04-2018, 02:45 PM   #121
zlathim

Well, being retired or semi-retired opens up a lot of places that are hard to make a living in. North Idaho is really nice, but it can be a tough place to make a living, compared to Boise. I can see myself retiring up there someday. Look at Post Falls, Coeur d'Alene and Sandpoint to see if the area interests you.
Hotchkis sub-frame brace
Stop Tech Z-23 brakes
Old 12-05-2018, 04:37 PM   #122
AG454

Quote:
Well, being retired or semi-retired opens up a lot of places that are hard to make a living in. North Idaho is really nice, but it can be a tough place to make a living, compared to Boise. I can see myself retiring up there someday. Look at Post Falls, Coeur d'Alene and Sandpoint to see if the area interests you.
Thanks for the recommendations. What about Idaho Falls?
Old 12-12-2018, 10:36 AM   #123
zlathim

Quote:
Thanks for the recommendations. What about Idaho Falls?
I lived in Idaho falls for a couple of years in the early '90s. Idaho Falls has more Mormons per capita than Salt Lake City. If you are LDS, you might love it there. If not, you might still love it there, but I fit in like a square peg in a round hole in that community. YMMV.
Hotchkis sub-frame brace
Stop Tech Z-23 brakes