Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-30-2014, 09:33 PM   #1
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Just pure ole fashion s**t for luck today for me : (

As most on here know (who know me) I work oilfield in Ohio although I live in Texas. Last week we were rerouted back to Texas (good thing), I drove my company truck back and left my F250 (personal) in Ohio until they have it transported back down here.
Long story short (the bad luck part) I was off today and decided to trailer my sti to the shop for some go fast mods. The appt was made and the subie was loaded in my trailer. I ask my buddy (more like brother) to use his 2011 Denali diesel (he always uses my ford and Z06). He says its a problem bc he and his gf already has plans (very true) but to use the family farm truck which just sits and collects dust. It is a 2001 2500 gas Chevy 2wd that his folks purchased brand new but it is an utter pos with no ac lol.

I really did not care and took him up on the offer. This poor truck has been beaten to death by my bro, anything from mudding (yes in a 2wd) which I had to pull him out on countless occasions btw, to drag racing (zero mods) so he tells me its a beast.
I hook up to my trailer and am on my merry way. I stop for gas and take off keeping it at 60 mph. Well about 5 minutes later (6 miles from his house) the motor throws a rod through the oil pan! omfg I'm thinking as I shut it off and coast it to the shoulder with the 4 ways on.

I call my bro and tell him to bring a chain bc I just killed the beast. Eventually the sti did get dropped to the shop, (his mom was nice enough to let me use her 2014 Texas edition Silverado to finish the task). Yes I did have to make "that call" to his dad and let him know I gernaded the block by driving normal. I told him I would take 100% responsibility for the repair and he told me that we would work something out and not to lose sleep over it.
Just sucks that this happened bc I have 7 perfect cars and the one time I use somebody elses I screw it up. At least I got to drive the SS to my friends moms job to pick up her truck lol, and blew off some steam by getting on her a little.
Just thought I'd share my crappy day fellas really not much of a point.
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 09:48 PM   #2
oldfriend

Drives: Fiat 500 E
There you go , like the old say goes , you burnet it , you fix it !
oldfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 10:02 PM   #3
URBAN LEGEND

Drives: 20 X3M CP & 19 ZL1 1LE A10
How are you responsible? How were you negligent? Wasn't this truck beaten to death?
Old 08-30-2014, 10:05 PM   #4
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
I was raised where if something is given to you for use (in working order), it should be returned in the same way. I did drive it 6 miles and it took a crap while in my posession. I dont want to shell out the cash for the repair but down inside I know its what is the right thing to do (my raising).
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 10:06 PM   #5
Ashcamss

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by URBAN LEGEND View Post
How are you responsible? How were you negligent? Wasn't this truck beaten to death?
That's what I'd be saying as well.
Ashcamss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 10:08 PM   #6
URBAN LEGEND

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
I was raised where if something is given to you for use (in working order), it should be returned in the same way. I did drive it 6 miles and it took a crap while in my posession. I dont want to shell out the cash for the repair but down inside I know its what is the right thing to do (my raising).
Then that's it.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:11 PM   #7
KeepItShut

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS
Quote:
At least I got to drive the SS to my friends moms job to pick up her truck lol, and blew off some steam by getting on her a little.
My favorite part of the story, is it really a shitty day if you hook up with your friends mom
KeepItShut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 10:21 PM   #8
URBAN LEGEND

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepItShut View Post
My favorite part of the story, is it really a shitty day if you hook up with your friends mom
Yeah man.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:05 PM   #9
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Quote:
Sir,
I like your attitude and your values. I have found its best to not borrow anything. If I don't have the means to accomplish something it won't get done until I do.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 11:09 PM   #10
Wapoel
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS
Hmmm.
Wapoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 11:30 PM   #11
CamaroTom

Drives: 1/70 2013 BRM 2SS RS 1LE NPP NAV
Was the purpose of this post only to tell everyone you have 7 cars? It's in the CAMARO main forum should be in off topic.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:00 AM   #12
Supreme Leader
Account Suspended

Drives: MANual
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LEMayhem View Post
Was the purpose of this post only to tell everyone you have 7 cars? It's in the CAMARO main forum should be in off topic.
I'm pretty sure it was just a detail in the story. You jelly?
Supreme Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 01:50 AM   #13
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by patternpilot View Post
Sir,
I like your attitude and your values. I have found its best to not borrow anything. If I don't have the means to accomplish something it won't get done until I do.

Same here. I absolutely hate having to use other people's stuff.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 01:56 AM   #14
homewrecker

Drives: '04 Z06, '14BMW M235i, '15 SS/1LE
Good man and good friends
homewrecker is offline   Reply With Quote