Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 01-26-2010, 05:05 PM   #2241
RS-SS2

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 09 mini, 01 3500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 570hp-lpe View Post
RS, you better put a brick under 2010's gas pedal. That, or superglue the seat in the "all the way back" position. LOL

If 2010 can't floor it she can't beat you... Can she?
Those are some great ideas 570, Ya gotta PM them to me next time though. lol
Old 01-26-2010, 10:02 PM   #2242
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Hey RS, for the right price I will bet that tune could have ended up just shy of a certain yellow beast.
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 05:20 PM   #2243
Windy City

Drives: Not enough room here!
I don't think the roads around Albuquerque are ever going to be the same!
Going to the Drag Expo this weekend, too see what we can see!
http://www.dragnews.com/
Trailer is done, can't free time to pick it up until mid February.
But that's OK, no where to go in dah snow!
Old 01-27-2010, 06:57 PM   #2244
2010 BADSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM

All I can say is WOW!!!!!!! Fred did a terrific job with the delivery and unloading the car (and ALL the parts ). She just looks amazing! That beautiful Pfadt lowered stance, Nice big shiny brakes, Lingenfelter badging and pedals. WOW! So I just couldn't help myself, I had to take her for a little spin around the neighborhood. Right now the roads are mostly dry with some sand/salt remnants, so I figured we can have bonding session/car wash soon enough, so we went for a little 3 mile spin. Again, WOW! The best 3 miles in my life thus far! I just love the feel. The clutch, shifter, brakes, suspension all felt great, and the sound and POWER are intoxicating. I know RS's car has all this power too, but when your driving someone else's car you can't help but hold back. Not that I gave mine full throttle on my little drive, but it's supposed to snow tomorrow, and when it clears and I can go out longer and take one of our windy roads I'll report more on the gear, suspension and the rest. WOW!

Blue Fred's headed your way. He's planning to drive a couple hours north tonight, and should get your car by noon.

Hoverman and Paul you're next. I know you'll be ecstatic!
Name:  LPE Arrival 002.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  139.4 KB

Name:  LPE Arrival 007.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  143.2 KB

Name:  LPE Arrival 009.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  151.1 KB
DSS 9" rear with 3.90 gear
Pfadt suspension/Hotchkiss chassis brace
Forgeline Wheels VR3S/Nitto tires

Beware of the LPE Sisterhood
2010 BADSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:18 PM   #2245
paul2010

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1278
2010 That is truly awesome congrats!! I am very happy for you. I wonder if you can tell a big difference with the gearing compared to RSs car? You guys are going to have a blast when the roads are better with two LPE Camaros. I will probably have mine back the end of this week or next.
2012 ZL1 #1278

2010 2nd Place Fastest 4 5th Gen LSX Shootout
2011 2nd Place Fastest 4 5th Gen LSX Shootout
paul2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 07:25 PM   #2246
Blue70SS

Drives: 10 LS3 2SSRS IOM,21 ZLE Wild Cherry
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 BADSS View Post

All I can say is WOW!!!!!!! Fred did a terrific job with the delivery and unloading the car (and ALL the parts ). She just looks amazing! That beautiful Pfadt lowered stance, Nice big shiny brakes, Lingenfelter badging and pedals. WOW! So I just couldn't help myself, I had to take her for a little spin around the neighborhood. Right now the roads are mostly dry with some sand/salt remnants, so I figured we can have bonding session/car wash soon enough, so we went for a little 3 mile spin. Again, WOW! The best 3 miles in my life thus far! I just love the feel. The clutch, shifter, brakes, suspension all felt great, and the sound and POWER are intoxicating. I know RS's car has all this power too, but when your driving someone else's car you can't help but hold back. Not that I gave mine full throttle on my little drive, but it's supposed to snow tomorrow, and when it clears and I can go out longer and take one of our windy roads I'll report more on the gear, suspension and the rest. WOW!

Blue Fred's headed your way. He's planning to drive a couple hours north tonight, and should get your car by noon.

Hoverman and Paul you're next. I know you'll be ecstatic!
Lowered stance looks great! Fred called just after dropping yours off. Looks like possible snowy driving for him in the AM. I am soooooooo ready.
Attached Images

Squash twins,GT9,Coil Covers,Mats,Pedals/ADM Gauges,Race Scoop/Trunions
DDS CVs,Carbon F DS/RPM L6/LPE 9.5 3.73/Pedders HD bushes,align kit
RB 2-piece rotors,S/S Lines,Hawk HPE Pads/Forgeline SP3P/Weld RTS
Ceramic ARH 2" LT/3" X-pipe,Corsa Touring/BMR TA,Toe,LCA,DS Loop
StreetSlayer BC3/MTI Shifter-Trans mt/Hotchkis CB/Monster CC/SJM LineLock
PFADT Coil Overs,Sways,Links,Mounts,SF Bushes,Camber Kit

LPE Brotherhood
Blue70SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:23 PM   #2247
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
Look'n good there 2010!!!
I'll talk to the big guy tonite to see about getting you a break in the weather for a little seat time.
Cant wait to hear about it all.

Got the word last night...local strip is having a shootout Sunday. So guess who is going to race.
Damn, now I wish I would have made time and ordered those DR's and wheels.
I guess I will soft launch and try not to spin too much and see what kind of times I can get.
I will post up with the results.
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:31 PM   #2248
Speed74SS

Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
2010 - It is great to see the pics of your beast back home!! I am sure you want to get out and give it a little bit more.

Seeing your cars still being worked on has got me to order the ZR1 clutch, LPE Pedals and a MGW shifter. I will be dropping my car back off in early march and picking it up before the Camaro5 Fest in April.

2.55 Upper / 8.6 Lower / ID850's / Kooks Longtubes / New Era CAI
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:35 PM   #2249
Speed74SS

Drives: 2010 LPE 650+ CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
I'll talk to the big guy tonite to see about getting you a break in the weather for a little seat time.

Got the word last night...local strip is having a shootout Sunday. So guess who is going to race.
I guess I will soft launch and try not to spin too much and see what kind of times I can get.

Sounds like fun - I just want to get my car out of the garage. Good luck and let us know how you do. It's definately interesting without DR's

2.55 Upper / 8.6 Lower / ID850's / Kooks Longtubes / New Era CAI
Speed74SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:50 AM   #2250
2010 BADSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IOM
Thanks for all the kind words guys. After I left last night, I got to go watch the #23 New Mexico Lobos defeat the #10 BYU Cougars at The Pit. It was the perfect ending to a great day! This morning there's 3 inches of snow on the ground and still coming down. I'm sure glad I drove her last night when I had the chance. I feel for you Speed! At least we get a break now and then. You will love the clutch, shifter, and pedals. The pedals are definitely more grippy.

Blue, nice garage! I'm excited for you too. Hopefully the snow is not too crazy there.

MWS, you have to let us know how you do, that sounds like great fun!

Paul, all I can say right now about the gear is that it just feels right. I've driven many 6 speeds, my last car was a 2003 Eclipse spyder GTS, and compared to them the Camaro just felt like all the shift points were delayed. Now it feels the way I expected it to be. When I drive it again, I'll try some harder launches and give more feedback.
DSS 9" rear with 3.90 gear
Pfadt suspension/Hotchkiss chassis brace
Forgeline Wheels VR3S/Nitto tires

Beware of the LPE Sisterhood
2010 BADSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:06 AM   #2251
Blue70SS

Quote:
Thanks for all the kind words guys. After I left last night, I got to go watch the #23 New Mexico Lobos defeat the #10 BYU Cougars at The Pit. It was the perfect ending to a great day! This morning there's 3 inches of snow on the ground and still coming down. I'm sure glad I drove her last night when I had the chance. I feel for you Speed! At least we get a break now and then. You will love the clutch, shifter, and pedals. The pedals are definitely more grippy.

Blue, nice garage! I'm excited for you too. Hopefully the snow is not too crazy there.

Paul, all I can say right now about the gear is that it just feels right. I've driven many 6 speeds, my last car was a 2003 Eclipse spyder GTS, and compared to them the Camaro just felt like all the shift points were delayed. Now it feels the way I expected it to be. When I drive it again, I'll try some harder launches and give more feedback.
Which suspension items of Pfadt's did you do with the Hotchkis chassis brace? Did you use Pfadt's trailing arm braces or go BMR like RS's? I'm real curious about your impressions for ride comfort/handling/noise with respect to your package versus any differences with RS's. You guys get the bonus of being able to compare side by side.

Too bad you were greeted with snow this morning, could be a while until clear roads without sand are available. I'll bet a drive to Sandia Crest would be fun in the spring!

..... got the treat of shoveling to make way for Fred's pickup already!

LPE Brotherhood
Old 01-28-2010, 09:17 AM   #2252
Blue70SS

2010 BADSS,

What kind of dual clutch and pressure plate setup did you go with - I noticed a Zoom clutch box in your pictures. If so, was clutch/pressure plate/flywheel SFI rated?

LPE Brotherhood
Old 01-28-2010, 02:48 PM   #2253
Windy City

Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post

To bad you didn't know sooner, I would have UPS'd mine off to ya!
Take some pics!
Old 01-28-2010, 02:51 PM   #2254
Windy City

Quote:

Someone is grinning ear to ear!
Now don't let that old man of yours put a whipping to ya!
(at least not on the streets!)
I see some SOLO grudge matches in the future!