Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 12-29-2011, 09:05 PM   #1
OldJedi
Use the Force

Drives: 2015 Corvette Z51, 2018 Porsche GTS
Send a message via AIM to OldJedi
Will Detroit Auto Show Bring Crystal Red ZL1??

The Detroit Auto Show starts on Jan. 09, 2012. I am hoping that Chevy announces the release of Crystal Red for the ZL1 and Camaros. With any luck there will be a few ZL1's there showing Crystal Red and other combinations with the Exposed Carbon Fiber Hood and Gray stripe package. I passed up my first allocation waiting for Crystal Red so I hope they announce it will be available at the show so I can catch the second allocation. Anybody have any insight about ZL1's/Camaros at the show?
Old 12-29-2011, 09:07 PM   #2
coolman

Yes I talked to the main man last night and he said they are bringing only crystal Red.

I'm full of crap. I have no Idea. I would like to see one in the flesh with that color though.
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 10:46 PM   #3
OldJedi
Use the Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolman View Post
Yes I talked to the main man last night and he said they are bringing only crystal Red.

I'm full of crap. I have no Idea. I would like to see one in the flesh with that color though.
That is a nice thought, but I do not think that I am that lucky!
Old 12-29-2011, 10:57 PM   #4
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Hopefully they have a coupe available to sit in for this round of auto shows starting in Detroit. We'll see what color it is.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:38 PM   #5
stymie

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
I've heard that Crystal Red Tintcoat will be available later in 2012 possibly as a 2013 model featuring a Carbon Fibre "package" with CF spoilers & interior panels etc.

stymie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 01:03 AM   #6
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by stymie View Post
I've heard that Crystal Red Tintcoat will be available later in 2012 possibly as a 2013 model featuring a Carbon Fibre "package" with CF spoilers & interior panels etc.

Have you heard that, now?

Is it too much to wish they bring one ZL1 in every color combination possible between wheels, hood, stripes, and paint?

That'd only be 64 Camaros....there's room, right?
Old 12-30-2011, 02:16 AM   #7
Drake Heminger

Drives: 2014 Stingray Z51
What is a ZL1?
Old 12-30-2011, 10:20 AM   #8
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Quote:

Is this the Crystal Red? If yes, it's super gorgeous with CF parts and no stripe.
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 10:22 AM   #9
Uneducated Guess
'12 ZL1 #742

Drives: his wife crazy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
Is this the Crystal Red? If yes, it's super gorgeous with CF parts and no stripe.
it's a photoshop rendering
Uneducated Guess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 02:30 PM   #10
OldJedi
Use the Force

Quote:
It is a photoshop rendering that was done for me by LoneStarCamaro. It was done on the Carbon Edition ZL1 which is why it has the two tone wheels. It is a very hard color to render exactly but this will give you an idea of what mine will look like. Exposed Carbon fiber hood and no stripes with polished five spoke wheels. It has been said that Crystal Red will be available after the first of the year, so I am hoping that it will be announced that it is now available at the Detroit Show in 10 days. I am keeping my fingers crossed. The online Camaro brochure has some pictures of a Crystal Red Camaro that gives a more accurate picture of the color on the Camaro. Happy New Year to everyone.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:43 PM   #11
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
OldJedi! That color will go good with white hair!
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 04:00 PM   #12
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldJedi View Post
It is a photoshop rendering that was done for me by LoneStarCamaro. It was done on the Carbon Edition ZL1 which is why it has the two tone wheels. It is a very hard color to render exactly but this will give you an idea of what mine will look like. Exposed Carbon fiber hood and no stripes with polished five spoke wheels. It has been said that Crystal Red will be available after the first of the year, so I am hoping that it will be announced that it is now available at the Detroit Show in 10 days. I am keeping my fingers crossed. The online Camaro brochure has some pictures of a Crystal Red Camaro that gives a more accurate picture of the color on the Camaro. Happy New Year to everyone.
Good enough, gives us an idea. I love that [mature] Red.
Man, looks like I have to make a two hour drive to see your baby when she arrives. Happy NY!
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 05:57 PM   #13
OldJedi
Use the Force

Quote:
Good enough, gives us an idea. I love that [mature] Red.
Man, looks like I have to make a two hour drive to see your baby when she arrives. Happy NY!
I figure the CF Exposed Hood should match my hair and I needed a contrasting color. I have not owned a red car before so this this should contrast nicely with my hair and the Marina Blue Corvette. I will be picking up the car near Tampa so maybe can get together on the drive back to Ft. Lauderdale. Happy New Year to you too!

And Htron, for the record, it is a very distinguished gray color. A few more years left before it goes white and I have to start using a cane to work the clutch. Have a safe New Years.
Old 12-30-2011, 06:50 PM   #14
MR 45TH

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:

I pray that color is avail when my dealer gets its next allocation