Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 10-07-2012, 04:15 PM   #85
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Monotubes all round.
Hey Pete, do you know why they didn't change the spring rates? With as much as they did I figured those would have been changed out too. Cost? Trying to keep the price down?
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:49 PM   #86
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
Hey Pete, do you know why they didn't change the spring rates? With as much as they did I figured those would have been changed out too. Cost? Trying to keep the price down?
Sway bars and tire sidewalls. Those are big axx bars coming from an OEM. As much as the 1LE is a 'track' car it still has to pass OE NVH standards. Couple the bigger bars with the extremely stiff sidewalls on the ZL1 spec GYs and what you have in the 1LE is as far as they will go. Well that and they wanted to make sure that Pedders keeps growing
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 08:19 PM   #87
nak3dsnake

Quote:
Sway bars and tire sidewalls. Those are big axx bars coming from an OEM. As much as the 1LE is a 'track' car it still has to pass OE NVH standards. Couple the bigger bars with the extremely stiff sidewalls on the ZL1 spec GYs and what you have in the 1LE is as far as they will go. Well that and they wanted to make sure that Pedders keeps growing
So does that mean a certain someone may have a set of 1LE specific springs soon?
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:48 PM   #88
JusticePete

Quote:
So does that mean a certain someone may have a set of 1LE specific springs soon?
Supercars allow us to tune our 8kg front and 10kg rear coils to the 1LE. Depending on the driver and use I am partial to 10kg front and 12kg rears on the Supercars. Did I mention we run ZL1 GY 305s on all four corners of the L/28?
Old 10-08-2012, 02:54 PM   #89
nak3dsnake

Quote:
Supercars allow us to tune our 8kg front and 10kg rear coils to the 1LE. Depending on the driver and use I am partial to 10kg front and 12kg rears on the Supercars. Did I mention we run ZL1 GY 305s on all four corners of the L/28?
Im not surprised. Would you recommend a set of the 220035 and 220032 springs to go with the 1LE dampers?
Old 10-08-2012, 03:06 PM   #90
JusticePete

Quote:
Im not surprised. Would you recommend a set of the 220035 and 220032 springs to go with the 1LE dampers?
I would prefer the balance of the font 220032 with the rear 220033.
Old 10-08-2012, 09:07 PM   #91
toehead93

Drives: 2014 2SS/1LE
Quote:
Monotubes all round.
All the literature i see says just the rears including this which someone just posted in another 1LE thread.
https://pictures.dealer.com/cagchevy...0c74bc1897.pdf

Summit White 2014 2SS 1LE
Recaros, NPP exhaust, Nav
2010 2SS A6 - sold.
toehead93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 09:13 PM   #92
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by toehead93 View Post
All the literature i see says just the rears including this which someone just posted in another 1LE thread.
https://pictures.dealer.com/cagchevy...0c74bc1897.pdf
That would be good for business

The brochure does read re-tuned front damper and monotube rear. I'll have to look at our SEMA take-offs more closely.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:29 AM   #93
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Looking at those parts I see the rear end links are obviously different but the front end links look about the same as on the FE3 ('10-'11). Are there any differences in front end links from FE3 to FE4?
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 09:36 AM   #94
nak3dsnake

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Looking at those parts I see the rear end links are obviously different but the front end links look about the same as on the FE3 ('10-'11). Are there any differences in front end links from FE3 to FE4?
The FE4-FE5 endlinks are much thicker than the FE3 endlinks. The FE4-FE5 endlinks also use a larger 12mm ball stud vs 10mm on the FE3 links. Ill be comparing parts when I install them, still go a few more to paint still.
Old 10-10-2012, 07:36 PM   #95
caverman

Ok....so I'm going to be upgrading my rear suspension to the FE4 version. I haven't seen any kind of DIY on it yet so I want to make sure I know what to do.

Does the End Link go in this whole? Also, is there any specs on the torq for the end link bolts....or is it the old "good in tight" rule with maybe a drop of blue locktite?
Attached Images

-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
Old 10-10-2012, 07:38 PM   #96
Synner

Drives: cars
No the outer portion of the arm on the bottom.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:40 PM   #97
Synner

Drives: cars
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:43 PM   #98
caverman

Ok...based on those images I think I see where it goes now. I found Petes thread as well.
Attached Images

Build Journal