Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 05-11-2018, 12:21 AM   #1
paul.726

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LT
Cool Headlights

I drive a 2015 Camaro V6(NON RS.) I need to adjust my headlight aim and I do not know how to do it. Does anyone know how to do so?

Also,

I am going to be installing new HID headlight bulbs in my 2015 Camaro V6(non rs.)
My car is blue velvet metallic. Which color do you think will look the best for the bulbs, 6000k or 8000k? I plan to order from diode dynamics unless anyone has a better suggestion. Please feel free to drop suggestions!

-Thanks
paul.726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 12:41 AM   #2
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul.726 View Post
I drive a 2015 Camaro V6(NON RS.) I need to adjust my headlight aim and I do not know how to do it. Does anyone know how to do so?

Also,

I am going to be installing new HID headlight bulbs in my 2015 Camaro V6(non rs.)
My car is blue velvet metallic. Which color do you think will look the best for the bulbs, 6000k or 8000k? I plan to order from diode dynamics unless anyone has a better suggestion. Please feel free to drop suggestions!

-Thanks
Instead of HID, try LED first. You can get a good set from Amazon. Pops right into existing slot and harness. 6000K is a perfect white with a bit of a blue hue. 8000k is too much I think.

Also, don't recall on the stock set I used to have (1SS-non RS myself), but on these Eagle Eyes, I can adjust the focus direction with a screwdriver. Its just a small screw head.

Lastly, look into the Eagle Eye set, go LED... and you're going to love the look.

Headlights (note from Hero... stamped Eagle Eye's when I got em lol) https://www.phastekperformance.com/2...-headlight.htm

LED Bulbs (note you can find them anywhere, Amazon and such... check Lumen out at CARiD) https://www.carid.com/2010-chevy-cam...916059967.html

Here's me with a set of 6000k LED bulbs on the Eagle Eye's... I've kept the halo's off for now because it looks more sinister this way, but its just a wire you tap into whatever you want...

eta, just noticed you've got a '15 so the eagle eye's are out lol... still gonna leave this info up for those interested pre refresh 5th gen.
Attached Images

Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 03:44 AM   #3
Cenafan85

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul.726 View Post

Also,

-Thanks
If you have the standard lights, then you can't get HID. You need a projector housing or you will blind people. Never put HID in a halogen housing.
Old 05-11-2018, 03:46 AM   #4
Cenafan85

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
Instead of HID, try LED first. You can get a good set from Amazon. Pops right into existing slot and harness. 6000K is a perfect white with a bit of a blue hue. 8000k is too much I think.

Also, don't recall on the stock set I used to have (1SS-non RS myself), but on these Eagle Eyes, I can adjust the focus direction with a screwdriver. Its just a small screw head.

Lastly, look into the Eagle Eye set, go LED... and you're going to love the look.

Headlights (note from Hero... stamped Eagle Eye's when I got em lol) https://www.phastekperformance.com/2...-headlight.htm

LED Bulbs (note you can find them anywhere, Amazon and such... check Lumen out at CARiD) https://www.carid.com/2010-chevy-cam...916059967.html

Here's me with a set of 6000k LED bulbs on the Eagle Eye's... I've kept the halo's off for now because it looks more sinister this way, but its just a wire you tap into whatever you want...

eta, just noticed you've got a '15 so the eagle eye's are out lol... still gonna leave this info up for those interested pre refresh 5th gen.
Here's a link to the 14/15 egale eye https://www.phastekperformance.com/2...m649-b1wu0.htm
Old 05-11-2018, 06:55 AM   #5
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Aiming headlights is in the Owners Manual.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aim, headlight, headlightcolor, nonrs