Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-30-2013, 05:52 PM   #1
acosta19d

Drives: 2012 camaro v6
is dealer trying to give me the run around?

Ok so a week ago my check engine light came on along with my traction control light and the light that means my tires flat. On the speedometer it said "service stabilty" and "engine power reduced". So I took it in to the dealer and they told me it was my fuel pump and regulator. So they fixed that and gave me the car. Not 1 mile after I left everything came back on as if nothing had been fixed but now it started smelling like gas in my car. So I went back and the next day they told me that one of the gas lines had busted from over pressure from the pump. So now they replaced the lines and everything was fine. Well 2 days later "today" everything came back on again "same lights same codes" took it back to the dealer and now there saying that my ecm has an aftermarket tune on it and they can get past it to see what the problem is. So im just done with them im going to a different dealer because I think guys are full of crap and dont know what there talking about. Has anyone had this issue before? Ive seen a few threads about this issue but most of them are fixed by the fuel pump amd regulator being replaced. So idk wat else to think.
acosta19d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:01 PM   #2
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Well first of all, do you have an aftermarket tune or no?

And can you post the codes the car is giving you? We can help a lot more if we know the codes. Any local auto zone or advanced should be able to read the codes for free if you can't

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:36 PM   #3
acosta19d

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Well first of all, do you have an aftermarket tune or no?

And can you post the codes the car is giving you? We can help a lot more if we know the codes. Any local auto zone or advanced should be able to read the codes for free if you can't
No not at all the car has 8000 miles on it. All it has is some visual mods. "Halo headlights, grills, lambo doors, and defenderworx shifter.i told them that I needed the sensors reset since I put new wheels and tires on it the day before everything happend. Idk if they havent reset it yet and it ruined something or if it even has anything to do with what happend to the car. Ill post a pic of the codes
Old 04-30-2013, 06:43 PM   #4
acosta19d

Heres the codes......
Attached Images

Old 04-30-2013, 07:13 PM   #5
Jayrcr3

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by acosta19d View Post
I put new wheels and tires on it the day before everything happend.
This is where your problem is. What size tires did you get.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
American Racing 1 7/8" Headers and Hi-Flow Cats, CAI cold air intake, Flowmaster AT exhaust, Vengeance Racing Stage 2 cam, VMax ported throttle body, TEA valve springs and titanium retainers, Trick Flow hardened pushrods, 180* T-stat, Comp Trunion kit, ZL1 Fuel Pump, ADM Fuel Pump Control Module, 20% window tint, Whipple Supercharger. Tuned by Mike Norris Motorsports. 656rwhp/584rwtq @10 PSI.
Jayrcr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:17 PM   #6
acosta19d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayrcr3 View Post
This is where your problem is. What size tires did you get.

I got stock ss wheels 20x8 front 20x9 rear and with stock size tires. 275/40/20 for rears and 245/45/20 up front
Old 04-30-2013, 07:21 PM   #7
acosta19d

I had the stock 18s on it before. Ill call the dealer tomorrow morning and make sure they did reset em because that was the first thing I told them to do. But do you think that just by not resetting the sensors that all that could have happend like my fuel pump and regulator going out and now my ecm all messed up according to them??
Old 04-30-2013, 07:22 PM   #8
Jayrcr3

Make sure you actually have the correct tire sizes on the car. I had a firestone store install the wrong size tires one time. Also, is it possible one of the ABS sensors could have been accidentally damaged?

American Racing 1 7/8" Headers and Hi-Flow Cats, CAI cold air intake, Flowmaster AT exhaust, Vengeance Racing Stage 2 cam, VMax ported throttle body, TEA valve springs and titanium retainers, Trick Flow hardened pushrods, 180* T-stat, Comp Trunion kit, ZL1 Fuel Pump, ADM Fuel Pump Control Module, 20% window tint, Whipple Supercharger. Tuned by Mike Norris Motorsports. 656rwhp/584rwtq @10 PSI.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:29 PM   #9
Jayrcr3

I don't think your tires have anything to do with your fuel pump going out. Dealerships have been known to be wrong, and can get in the habit of shotgunning parts. I haven't heard of any fuel pump failures on these cars. Not that it couldn't happen.

Just seems odd it all started after the tire change.

Old 04-30-2013, 07:40 PM   #10
acosta19d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayrcr3 View Post
Make sure you actually have the correct tire sizes on the car. I had a firestone store install the wrong size tires one time. Also, is it possible one of the ABS sensors could have been accidentally damaged?

Yea the tires are correct I bought the tires new and I picked those up myself for that reason lol. The abs sensor could be a possibility but wouldnt the light have gone off right away? It was about 2 days total before the lights came on.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:40 PM   #11
acosta19d

Im gonna take a look at the abs sensors tomorrow when I go get it from the dealer. Ive read on some other threads that some people disconnected the abs control module and the problem was fixed. Also I looked up some of the codes and 2 of them are for the headlights so im wondering if the lights have anything to do with it aswell. Either way tomorrow before I leave the dealer I will tell them to clear the codes and to reset the sensors....maybe that will fix something
Old 05-01-2013, 06:13 PM   #12
acosta19d

Ok so I just got the car back from the dealer cause they couldnt figure it out so im gonna try a different dealer. I had them reset the tire sensors and the codes. The car was fine all day until right now while driving home all the lights came on and the car runs like crap once again. Its so frustrating to hear the dealer say they cant figure it out. Hopefully this other dealer will be able to come up with something.
Old 11-21-2013, 04:30 PM   #13
Darkweasel

Drives: 2011 LS Camaro
Possible Wheel Issue

If you increased the size of the wheels then the speed at which they rotate will have changed. This causes the wheel speed sensors to read a faster rotation at different speeds. The codes could be for the abs unit being cofused as it thinks the car is experiencing wheel slip. The abs is tuned for the wheels that came on the car and increasing wheel size calls for the tune to be changed. Maybe have a dealer or someone change the calibration and see if that fixes it.
Darkweasel is offline   Reply With Quote