Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 03-14-2011, 10:32 AM   #1
Speedracer11

Drives: Audi q7
Questions from a first-time buyer!

Hi everyone, how's it going? My name is Ricky, I'm new to the forums, so it's nice to meet you all! So here's my problem guys: I recently turned 19 and I'm looking to get my First Car! I don't wanna get some corny Honda or a van or something - who would? Haha. After Seeing the Camaro I became instantly impressed with the way it looks, and drives considering the fact that it's been such a winner for Chevrolet.

But before I get one, I am quite concerned about a lot of things and I would like some help on them:

1. First of all safety is an issue: so can you drive this car in the rain, snow or highway?

2. I heard that when the driver looks out his back window he will be unable to see well, because the back windows in the Camaro are small. This also makes the driver unable to see other cars well - is this true?

3. Are you able to buy the comaro with front wheel, or all wheel drive?

NOTE: I'm sure this question may come up, so btw I'm talking about the 2010 model not the 2011, I like the old one better

So thanks a lot guys, I really hope u can help ne out with some advice.
Thanks and God Bless!
Speedracer11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:36 AM   #2
ctinatx

Drives: 2014 SS Sedan
1) This car works fine in rain, snow (with snow tires) and it loves the highway !
2) This is really not an issue. It does take some getting used to and tweaking of the side mirrors to get it just right.
3) Rear wheel only.

2010 and 2011 are pretty much the exact same model. 2011 has HUD option.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:43 PM   #3
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Based on your questions you might be better off with a coupe unless you plan on having the vert in the garage on bad days. I live in Mass, work in CT, and have my coupe with all season tires and have no problem in most moderate storms. However I have a vert being delivered this week and I don't plan on running it in any snow based on the tires that come with the vert, perrelli. Parking a vert outside in snow storms is not a great idea, hover people do it, just takes a toll on an expensive top.
My 2cents
Old 03-14-2011, 12:47 PM   #4
Mandog

Drives: 2011 RJT 1LT Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
Based on your questions you might be better off with a coupe unless you plan on having the vert in the garage on bad days. I live in Mass, work in CT, and have my coupe with all season tires and have no problem in most moderate storms. However I have a vert being delivered this week and I don't plan on running it in any snow based on the tires that come with the vert, perrelli. Parking a vert outside in snow storms is not a great idea, hover people do it, just takes a toll on an expensive top.
My 2cents
You HOPE it's being delivered this week - After what we've been through I'm not holding my breath yet!
Old 03-14-2011, 12:58 PM   #5
Nutbutt

Don't get me going on this ! I was offered the yellow one today if I dont want to wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandog View Post
You HOPE it's being delivered this week - After what we've been through I'm not holding my breath yet!
Old 03-14-2011, 12:59 PM   #6
Mandog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
Don't get me going on this ! I was offered the yellow one today if I dont want to wait.
Would they give you the SS for the price of a 2LT? Also do you want a V8 with the commute you got?
Old 03-14-2011, 02:47 PM   #7
guiLT
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2001 Maxima
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedracer11 View Post
Hi everyone, how's it going? My name is Ricky, I'm new to the forums, so it's nice to meet you all! So here's my problem guys: I recently turned 19 and I'm looking to get my First Car! I don't wanna get some corny Honda or a van or something - who would? Haha. After Seeing the Camaro I became instantly impressed with the way it looks, and drives considering the fact that it's been such a winner for Chevrolet.

But before I get one, I am quite concerned about a lot of things and I would like some help on them:

1. First of all safety is an issue: so can you drive this car in the rain, snow or highway? Everywhere, but with snow you'd be safer if you bought some extra winter tires to slap on.

2. I heard that when the driver looks out his back window he will be unable to see well, because the back windows in the Camaro are small. This also makes the driver unable to see other cars well - is this true?
They are smaller than sedan back windows. But after awhile blindspots aren't a problem at all!

3. Are you able to buy the comaro with front wheel, or all wheel drive?
**Camaro
No.

NOTE: I'm sure this question may come up, so btw I'm talking about the 2010 model not the 2011, I like the old one better

So thanks a lot guys, I really hope u can help ne out with some advice.
Thanks and God Bless!
Hope this helps.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:22 PM   #8
Nutbutt

Oh no ! They were giving me the preferred pricing with another $1k off. It is not something I can do dollar wise or based on my commute even keeping the coupe. If they gave me the 2LT price I would be driving a yellow SS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandog View Post
Would they give you the SS for the price of a 2LT? Also do you want a V8 with the commute you got?
Old 03-15-2011, 01:25 AM   #9
Speedracer11

Thanks a lot guys for the Feedback!!! Well ok, I'm glad to know that the whole back window thing isn't gonna be a problem. Well ok guys, so what type should I buy. There's the SS and all the other different versions: but which should I get?

Secondly what's thr difference between the vert and the coupe?

Thanks guys!
Old 03-15-2011, 04:09 AM   #10
Mandog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedracer11 View Post
Thanks a lot guys for the Feedback!!! Well ok, I'm glad to know that the whole back window thing isn't gonna be a problem. Well ok guys, so what type should I buy. There's the SS and all the other different versions: but which should I get?

Secondly what's thr difference between the vert and the coupe?

Thanks guys!
The SS is a V8, the LT is a V6. The SS will cost you about 5K more. The coupe has a roof, the Vert you go Topless!!!
Old 03-16-2011, 02:30 PM   #11
BRKLYN
Account Suspended

Drives: 98 C-5, Chev/Venture, VTX1300
spt cars are made to use the mirrors when driving. no no front wheel drives. Thats why they stopped making the Monte Carlo. Buy it!
BRKLYN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:19 PM   #12
Speedracer11

Thanks a lot guys, so what's the difference between the V8, V6 and SS? Also sometimes when I see camaro's each one looks a little different, like some are more thin while others are more bulky, is it my eyes or are there different models lol.

Also I was thinking of getting a Black Camaro, is that a Good choice, plus, how could I get a unique design on it, like say pinstripes?

THANKS A LOT, guys for being so nice on my first time in forum! I'm really looking forward to hanging out here n talking cars with u guys!

See ya!
Old 03-16-2011, 07:27 PM   #13
Augie1978

Drives: 2011 2SS RS Vert
Just do some reading on this site dude. There is alot of information.