Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-31-2012, 08:40 PM   #1415
Synner

Drives: cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Moreno View Post
Wasn't it you who said it only takes 5 minutes ..........
You've been sniffing too much anti-seize and loctite putting the motor together, that was all you.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 12:08 AM   #1416
Moreno1

Drives: G5.R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
You've been sniffing too much anti-seize and loctite putting the motor together, that was all you.
Okay.......... you got me, i did say that I think with all the political speeches going on, some of it just rubbed off on me and I figured I'd just blame it on somebody else

Quick Update:

To say it was a long day would be an understatement bu,t it was productive.

Spent a good portion of it re-sanding the alternator, AC compressor, power steering pump (it feels like I'm building this car twice ) to get them ready for paint as when I paint the engine hopefully next week.

Also pulled out the transmission. The plan calls for powder coating the bell housing in the texture black. painting the trans in the satin gun metal gray and powder coating the trans mount in the anthracite textured gray along with ARP bolts and MGW shifter along with a couple of other things. The casting for the trans is terrible!! I'm going to be black it and hopefully that will even it out.

Name:  010.jpg
Views: 1345
Size:  104.3 KB

Synner, engine bay is looking cleaner Somebody shot me .........

Name:  009.jpg
Views: 1215
Size:  84.0 KB
Moreno1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 09:16 AM   #1417
Synner

Drives: cars
So are you cutting your floor out and putting in a plexiglass window to see the transmission?

Put your car back together and drive it. It's a lot more fun melting the tires than using it as a paper weight.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:08 AM   #1418
My 5th

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 Black on Black
Where are the mounting points inside the block for the cameras? ;^)
Old 09-03-2012, 09:28 PM   #1419
Moreno1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
So are you cutting your floor out and putting in a plexiglass window to see the transmission?

Put your car back together and drive it. It's a lot more fun melting the tires than using it as a paper weight.
I hear you and believe me........... I'd rather be driving it. Almost to the degree of wanting to buy another one just so that I don't feel Like I'm missing out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My 5th View Post
Where are the mounting points inside the block for the cameras? ;^)
Still up in the air where I can get the best angle, LOL.

But in all seriousness,............ It's almost sacrilegious to detail my engine to the degree I have and keep in mind, that I'm going to pain the engine and trans and just leave it as such.

This thing almost looks like it has some sort of decease or something! Take a look at some of the pics and they don't even do it justice. Anyways, it only takes me 5 minutes to do this stuff so it's no big deal

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 1200
Size:  145.8 KB

This thing looks like it has leprosy!

Name:  2.jpg
Views: 1142
Size:  169.3 KB

Here, it looks like it has a bad case of acne!

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 1215
Size:  128.7 KB

Okay......... so lets get to work! Now you see it

Name:  6.jpg
Views: 1161
Size:  168.6 KB

Aaaaand now you don't

Name:  7.jpg
Views: 1124
Size:  147.9 KB

Notice the seam. It won't be long before it's gone.

Name:  8.jpg
Views: 1150
Size:  173.2 KB

in progress.

Name:  9.jpg
Views: 1200
Size:  177.6 KB

Gone....

Name:  10.jpg
Views: 1129
Size:  194.0 KB

This seam is from the bell housing. It too, will be gone.

Name:  11.jpg
Views: 1212
Size:  137.2 KB

Done, You can barely tell where the bell housing starts and stops.

Name:  12.jpg
Views: 1087
Size:  167.8 KB

Here you can see the cooling fins looking a hell of a lot better. This was a little more work than I thought, I will need an extra 5 minutes to complete, LOL.

Name:  13.jpg
Views: 1135
Size:  203.4 KB

Here is a little inspirational pic of a first gen project. These are stock valve cover that have just been reworked.

Name:  542340_10151830408285277_2041911030_n.jpg
Views: 1098
Size:  85.7 KB

Hey Stegier, weren't you going to start on your engine? We are waiting

Plan for this week is to finish what I though I should have been done with last week Complete machine work. paint all the components and order more parts. We will see how it goes.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:31 PM   #1420
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Drives: The Neighbor Hater
moving onto the tranny! good for you! just curious why you want to paint the transmission?

Also the last pic looks awesome!

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
pyr0b0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 09:34 PM   #1421
Moreno1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyr0b0y View Post
moving onto the tranny! good for you! just curious why you want to paint the transmission?

Also the last pic looks awesome!
In keeping with the theme. Plus I probably got rid of 1 pound of casting, which Doc appreciate, LOL.

Did you get your monster tuned?

Last edited by Moreno1; 09-03-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:38 PM   #1422
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Quote:
In keeping with the theme. Plus I probably got rid of 1 pound of casting, with Doc appreciate, LOL.

Did you get your monster tuned?
no.....not yet......haven't had any luck with finding a tuner i trust. I emailed someone to see if NRE does just tuning, but havent heard back from him yet. I want to work with someone who has a history of tuning twin turbo LS engines and haven't found one yet.......trust me you'll hear about when it does get tuned.

just a little update, got my fuel fittings in (all black anodized) so those will be swapped this week, and also will work on rerouting some misc tubing. I'll post some pics in a couple days!

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
Old 09-04-2012, 08:56 AM   #1423
Rockin the BlueSS
The New Guy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
Quote:
no.....not yet......haven't had any luck with finding a tuner i trust. I emailed someone to see if NRE does just tuning, but havent heard back from him yet. I want to work with someone who has a history of tuning twin turbo LS engines and haven't found one yet.......trust me you'll hear about when it does get tuned.
Have you talked to Andy at ADM? he is highly trusted by me and many others. He is a little far for us California guys to get to but he may have some recommendations for people for you to talk to... it would be really interesting to see what Andy could do if he got his hands on your car.

all the work looks good guys
Rockin the BlueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 01:06 PM   #1424
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin the BlueSS View Post
Have you talked to Andy at ADM? he is highly trusted by me and many others. He is a little far for us California guys to get to but he may have some recommendations for people for you to talk to... it would be really interesting to see what Andy could do if he got his hands on your car.

all the work looks good guys
Just sent him an email, thanks for the headsup. My first choice was NRE, but they dont tune with the stock ECU.....

Damn Nathan, I wish we lived closer! I'd love to check out whats going on!

Old 09-04-2012, 06:46 PM   #1425
Rockin the BlueSS
The New Guy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
check out some of his handy work...

plus its a little inspiration for the guys in this thread: http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169185
Rockin the BlueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:51 PM   #1426
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Just wanted to post up what I started on today to clean up the engine bay.

I started by undoing my current fuel fittings

To get the fittings off the back of the fuel rail, I needed to take off the fuel rails, and realized I loaned my hex tools to my friend! So I was at a standstill. One thing I've never been happy with is the heater hoses, so those came off the engine and I figured that I wanted to route them out of sight; took measurements and got some more tubing ordered today.

Also I didn't care for the look of the EVAP solenoid or line, so those got taken off and will be mounted next to the computer.

I also removed the methanol tank and will be sanding it down a little a spraying it black.

I'm also rewrapping some of the electrical lines with heat shrink to give it a cleaner look.

I also removed the intake tube and will be removing the powdercoat. I plan on polishing it to a shine, if I run into issues I'll just have it powdercoated black.

Tomorrow I'll be finishing up the fuel lines, then will work on rewrapping the electrical wires in harness tape and heatshrink.

I also ordered some more fittings to redo the water vapor line and the hose that connects to the radiator!

There's just more and more that I want to do!

Thanks for the writeup Nathan; it's been a HUGE help already!

Old 09-04-2012, 10:42 PM   #1427
Moreno1

Quote:
Damn Nathan, I wish we lived closer! I'd love to check out whats going on!
Pyro I'm so excited for you! You are going to have one of the BADDEST Camaro in the country. If you were closer I would help you out.

Quote:
Just wanted to post up what I started on today to clean up the engine bay.

I started by undoing my current fuel fittings

To get the fittings off the back of the fuel rail, I needed to take off the fuel rails, and realized I loaned my hex tools to my friend! So I was at a standstill. One thing I've never been happy with is the heater hoses, so those came off the engine and I figured that I wanted to route them out of sight; took measurements and got some more tubing ordered today.

Also I didn't care for the look of the EVAP solenoid or line, so those got taken off and will be mounted next to the computer.

I also removed the methanol tank and will be sanding it down a little a spraying it black.

I'm also rewrapping some of the electrical lines with heat shrink to give it a cleaner look.

I also removed the intake tube and will be removing the powdercoat. I plan on polishing it to a shine, if I run into issues I'll just have it powdercoated black.

Tomorrow I'll be finishing up the fuel lines, then will work on rewrapping the electrical wires in harness tape and heatshrink.

I also ordered some more fittings to redo the water vapor line and the hose that connects to the radiator!

There's just more and more that I want to do!

Thanks for the writeup Nathan; it's been a HUGE help already!
All these mods are going to make a huge difference. I'm glad the thread is helping you out. Make sure to ask if you need any help.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:48 PM   #1428
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Quote:
Pyro I'm so excited for you! You are going to have one of the BADDEST Camaro in the country. If you were closer I would help you out.

All these mods are going to make a huge difference. I'm glad the thread is helping you out. Make sure to ask if you need any help.
I think this is one of the BADDEST camaros in the country...or will be soon!

Do you have any writeups on fuel hoses and fittings? I'll make one tomorrow if you don't have one already!