Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-17-2013, 09:22 PM   #99
Casperadub70

Drives: 2014 1LE Camaro, 95 Z28 Camaro
Met with a few GM Reps today. They all took pics of the Camaro and told me they will be in contact with me soon. Thats it.
2014 1LE 2SS Camaro Recaro seats, Custom Cam, Kooks LT headers, CAI intake, Z/28 Spoiler, Z/28 Belly Pan, Z/28 Brake Air Ducts, Stainless Steel breaklines, BMR Toe Rods and Trailing Arms resulting in 482.49 RWHP
Casperadub70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:31 AM   #100
wmlunt

Drives: 2SS RS White/Lt Gry
railcar damage

i'm sure this was railcar damage repainted before it got to dealer, and then re-clerared.
happened to my hood, that's why it was held up on the way to the dealer...
Old 09-18-2013, 12:08 PM   #101
hunter1660

Drives: 2011ss/rs camaro
They'll make it right...they really don't have a choice...it's called a manufacturers defect...your warranted against that.....GM isn't the best when it comes to problems with product...they take the.....maybe it'll just go away or cure itself avenue...I speak from firsthand knowledge .....it costs them to rectify a problem....they'll do it if they're made to...not because they want to...that's the part I'm not luvin....fords not any better ...but that's another sore subject ....you'll be smilin when it's over...you didn't have to beg them to sell you the car...you shouldn't have to beg them to provide you with a non defective one either
Old 09-18-2013, 12:17 PM   #102
Knockoutpie

Drives: 2014 2SS RS Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcamo View Post
A repaint is nothing like factory paint ..there is no way they would be repainting my car unless the where going to run it back through the factory paint line, and they can't do that . I'm a painter by trade and I do know the difference!
When I purchased my camaro there was a door ding, with a tiny paint chip. I didn't want the repair route, but I did it. With a LIFETIME warranty on that door for any type of repairs. So I can't argue lol.
Knockoutpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #103
MADBADGER

Drives: '13 Camaro 2SS/RS
I'm a mold process engineer for a company that makes many fascia parts for GM, many are chevy bumpers. Alot of eyes see the final product. Its carefully examined under a macabeth booth for the smallest and most absurdly minor defects no one would ever see unless they had a trained eye. The parts are then passed by our quality department and sent to a GM quality department, where they again must be inspected and approved. If there was a defect in the paint line it would be on one part of the car, on dozens of cars, not just yours and on many different parts of the fascia.
MADBADGER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:22 PM   #104
flyinlow

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmlunt View Post
i'm sure this was railcar damage repainted before it got to dealer, and then re-clerared.
My brother in law runs a body shop for a Ford dealer near a rail depot and does fixes for Ford on vehicles that come off the rail cars damaged. Most of the time its scratches in the bumpers, doors or on trucks the bumpers get dinged up and they replace them, all before they hit the dealer's lots. If the damage is over a certain amount (don't remember what it is, but its pretty low) he fixes the vehicles and they go straight to auction. He does alot of work, amazing how care is not taken loading and unloading vehicles.
flyinlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:57 PM   #105
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmlunt View Post
I'm betting the same thing. Something happened between the factory and the dealership. In any case, its not your problem, its the dealership/GM to make you feel satisifed with the final outcome.
Good thing is you brought it to their attention right away so there's no question that it was that way when you drove it off the lot.

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:40 PM   #106
crsr1

Drives: Camaro
Any update?
2013 Silverado Z71
crsr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 01:26 PM   #107
SOMAR13

Drives: 2014 Black on Black 2SS RS 1LE
Kind of the same thing going on with our black 1LE...except that we have white spots on different areas of the car. They tried to wet sand them out to no avail. Now they want us to give them permission to "break the paint" in those areas to fix them. We are kind of hesitant of that.
SOMAR13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 02:25 PM   #108
Casperadub70

Just got off the phone with GM. Once again the said its not a paint defect. They want to try to buff it out again.
Its just going in circles.
Waiting to hear from my GM customer service rep.
SOMAR13 have you contacted anyone on this? If not you can get it contact with my rep. I also have white spots all over my hood.
2014 1LE 2SS Camaro Recaro seats, Custom Cam, Kooks LT headers, CAI intake, Z/28 Spoiler, Z/28 Belly Pan, Z/28 Brake Air Ducts, Stainless Steel breaklines, BMR Toe Rods and Trailing Arms resulting in 482.49 RWHP
Old 09-24-2013, 02:39 PM   #109
TheAviator

Drives: 2012 Black Camaro 1LT
I have not read this whole thread but I think I would be insisting on just getting another 2014 Camaro from them and have them work this out.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:47 PM   #110
Casperadub70

Im trying. The GM sales rep said " Its not my problem"
Old 09-24-2013, 02:50 PM   #111
TheAviator

Drives: 2012 Black Camaro 1LT
If they have another one you like, I would go up there and tell them that you spoke with an attorney and you have 30 days to cancel that deal. You are officially canceling it and you want another Camaro. THey should hop to it after that.
Old 09-24-2013, 02:52 PM   #112
jkchambless
Austin LT

Drives: 1LT - Airaid,JBA Axleback,VMax PTB
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAviator View Post
If they have another one you like, I would go up there and tell them that you spoke with an attorney and you have 30 days to cancel that deal. You are officially canceling it and you want another Camaro. THey should hop to it after that.
Or actually contact an attorney.
jkchambless is offline   Reply With Quote