Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 11-07-2008, 11:30 AM   #1
1_2Many

Drives: 2008 Suzuki SX4
Cyber Grey and Midnight Metallic Wheels..Your Choice?

I ordered my car Cyber Grey with the RS package and I'm a little concerned the wheels won't contrast enough against the body. I tried doing a photoshop of how it will look, but I'm not sure how accurate this is. Does anyone have a good photo or photoshop showing this combination?
Attached Images

Old 11-07-2008, 02:32 PM   #2
Evotion
Warehouse 13 Survivor!!!!

Drives: '13 ZL1 - 69' Camaro
I shared your concerns for a while also, but after seeing a few cars driving around with a similar color, all with highly polished wheels, I think it will look better with the RS wheels personally.

During the day time, in the pics I've seen, they have a very noticable polished look on the angles that are reflecting the light, it's the areas that are shaded during the same time that make it look it's best IMO.

Besides... never been a fan of the wheels overshadowing the car itself.

Here are a couple pics of what I'm talking about (pretty sure these are the Midnight Silver finish)

Evotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 04:56 PM   #3
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
Man, I'm still rethinking my color of CGM. . . I really want to see this on a camaro. . .
Old 11-07-2008, 06:27 PM   #4
SQUALO

Drives: CHEVROLET
I think the RS wheels are the right brilliance, and they blend in well with the paint, without the overpowering of high polish.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:36 PM   #5
Camar0wn3d
formerly "wh0rsep0wer"

Drives: 2016 1SS Summit White
This is exactly the question I was about to post. I was just about to add polished wheels to my order, i just don't want the wheels to be too dark for the dark gray. I might hold off on changing the order now...
Camar0wn3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:33 PM   #6
r0cketdr

Drives: RJT 2SS/RS
As with most everything, this is a matter of taste. Last week I saw a cyber gray corvette on a lot in Montgomery, AL. As I too have ordered cyber gray, I about wrecked my car stopping in the middle of the road and turning around. I spent about 20 minutes looking the car over. One side was in bright sunshine, the other in shadow (and the color is gorgeous in either BTW). Anyway, it turned out that the Corvette had either chrome or highly polished wheels. Neither my wife nor I even noticed the wheels at first ... when we did they seemed to complement the cyber gray nicely in both sun and shade. In other words, they didn't overwhelm the color, and weren't the first thing we noticed. I've decided to go with the polished wheels. This car is going to be beautiful with either wheel. Just get what you feel best with
r0cketdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 10:42 PM   #7
Evotion
Warehouse 13 Survivor!!!!

Drives: '13 ZL1 - 69' Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by r0cketdr View Post
As with most everything, this is a matter of taste. Last week I saw a cyber gray corvette on a lot in Montgomery, AL. As I too have ordered cyber gray, I about wrecked my car stopping in the middle of the road and turning around. I spent about 20 minutes looking the car over. One side was in bright sunshine, the other in shadow (and the color is gorgeous in either BTW). Anyway, it turned out that the Corvette had either chrome or highly polished wheels. Neither my wife nor I even noticed the wheels at first ... when we did they seemed to complement the cyber gray nicely in both sun and shade. In other words, they didn't overwhelm the color, and weren't the first thing we noticed. I've decided to go with the polished wheels. This car is going to be beautiful with either wheel. Just get what you feel best with

I've seen two different wheel combos on real life cars and they both look great. It comes down to what wheel you want, because just about everything goes with grey.
Evotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2008, 02:09 PM   #8
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
I've been under the same dilemma as you. Will the RS wheels look too dark for cyber-grey, etc.. I would still love to see one Cyber Grey RS or SS before it is too late to make changes.
Old 11-29-2008, 10:22 AM   #9
Croathlete
Danny

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to Croathlete
We really need some photoshops of each. Unfortunately, I don't think we're going to see a real CGM before orders start to go to the factory...
Croathlete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 04:48 PM   #10
Tantalizer43

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
I'm in the exact same dilemma. I think it would make it easier if we could see a Cyber Grey RS obviously, but I agree with Croathlete. I dont think we're gonna get that opportunity. Does anyone know, the Silver SS that is making rounds at the car shows, are those the polished aluminum wheels?

They aren't too shiny, like chrome, but they seem a little flashier than the regular SS silver wheels...
Old 11-30-2008, 07:18 PM   #11
OldTimer

Drives: 2012 Victory Red ZL1 MG9
I guess it is too much to ask for GM to have a Build your own function on the Chevy.com website so we could actually see what we are spending our thousands of dollars on before they go to build status........ I wonder if there has ever been a car that has sold like this before ever being seen. Seeing prepro's is not the same, and, I have yet to see anything other then the bumblebee concept in person. Oh well, i might end up leasing mine thru a local company just in case I don't like the color, or, better yet they come out with a Z a year after I take delivery.
OldTimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 08:25 AM   #12
VenomZ302
Live to Win, Dare to Fail

Drives: 2010 Aqua Blue RS/SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Croathlete View Post
We really need some photoshops of each. Unfortunately, I don't think we're going to see a real CGM before orders start to go to the factory...
Best I can do for now...

I'll see if maybe I can make the polished one better.

3/13/09 - Ordered Aqua Blue Metallic 2SS/RS M6!
7/13/09 - Built!
8/11/09 - Delivered!

2G1FT1EW2A9124579
VenomZ302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 08:35 AM   #13
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Good lord! Once again I was teased with the thought of seeing a cyber grey car, I swear every morning!

1_2many, I have been having the same question, I don't even know if chrome rims would look good on the car, but i do like the ones that jinx put on the car, i believe these will be my choice of rims after i get the car.

Old 12-10-2008, 03:05 PM   #14
Tantalizer43

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
I think Midnight Silver wheels are a little darker than the wheels on these photoshops