Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-26-2015, 06:35 PM   #1
Noomo

Drives: 2014 camaro ls/2
2LS acceleration/deceleration question

Question that Im hoping someone can relate to and has a fix. From a stop my car goes like a bandit. I have auto transmission and it seems like deceleration confuses my car. I just seems to always be a gear higher than it should. If I slow down even a bit and reaccelerate I can tell its In a higher gear and has very little power unless I punch it. this after some delay and dramatic spasms it picks up speed. I added a cai intake and mrt v2 exhaust which hasnt helped. why does it feel like its not downshiftng like it should and is there any fix?

CAI Intake, MRT V2 exhaust, SE Hot Wheels style wheels.
Noomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 06:37 PM   #2
Byron_7

Drives: 2015 Bright Yellow 6-Speed Manual
I always felt this way when I had my automatic. Ended up trading it in for a manual because of that. Maybe if u get the VTC it will help.
Byron_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 06:52 PM   #3
tjsdaname

Drives: 2012 2LS
Mine is the same way, I have the same mods as you. if anything it feels like it does this worse with the CAI and MRT. I use manual mode 90% of the time so I dont have to deal with it.
tjsdaname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 06:59 PM   #4
Noomo

I will try the paddle shift out. would the vtc work? from what I read it just reduces acceleration delay. if so it would just spasm quicker and not address the "being in a lower gear than it should be" problem. Love the car so couldnt trade it in for manual.

Old 05-26-2015, 07:04 PM   #5
Vroom_vroom
The gritos pollo!!!

Drives: Like a idiot
That car especially is tuned for economy not performance. Get a transmission tune, only way your gonna fix it. Manual mode on the 2ls is different from the lt cars. Not sure what tjs' car is.
o; Slp loud mouth I|maganflow x-pipe|Injen long ram intake
|brembo brake upgrade| russell s.s. lines|2LT polished 19's|billet 5mm spacers|tinted tail lights&markers|pdmi|billet c. can|
'13 Avenger R/T
'77 T/A 6.6;, draining my wallet.
Vroom_vroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:08 PM   #6
chevyboy01438

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Yea you need a tune. Your car is tuned for the factory parts. When you upgrade it will be sluggish, the tune will pull it all together and make it run better

11/30/17 | Club F1FTY
chevyboy01438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:11 PM   #7
tjsdaname

Drives: 2012 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vroom_vroom View Post
That car especially is tuned for economy not performance. Get a transmission tune, only way your gonna fix it. Manual mode on the 2ls is different from the lt cars. Not sure what tjs' car is.
with the 2ls the manual mode is not a true manual, it's basically a max gear selector. You can force it to downshift but it up shifts automatically to the max gear you have chosen. which helps with the problem he is having.
tjsdaname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:18 PM   #8
Noomo

Thanks all for the great input! Im hoping to squeeze more toys in before I blew $800 on a decent tune. Im gonna try the tap shift tomorrow. Hope that helps a bit until I can get the tune. The problem is annoying. Takes a great car and makes you feel like your driving a school bus until you rpm your way out of it or the speed gets up to match the gear it selected.