Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 05-01-2019, 11:18 AM   #15
acstudios

Drives: 08 CTS
I'm fairly new around this forum (I have a CTS lol) but am a Camaro kinda guy. Have you guys ever considered doing escrow with this stuff? Seems like a lot of scammers are on here lately; Stacy, Coalminer, etc. and an escrow service would likely eliminate most of these scams. I realize that people want their money and parts in a jiffy, but when you're talking 1000's of dollars it's very risky business.
acstudios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 12:23 PM   #16
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by acstudios View Post
I'm fairly new around this forum (I have a CTS lol) but am a Camaro kinda guy. Have you guys ever considered doing escrow with this stuff? Seems like a lot of scammers are on here lately; Stacy, Coalminer, etc. and an escrow service would likely eliminate most of these scams. I realize that people want their money and parts in a jiffy, but when you're talking 1000's of dollars it's very risky business.
I'm just wondering why these threads get started and no-one ever reports to and Admin or Mod

This guy is hanging around on the boards just ready to scam the next person until I just happened across this thread.

He's banned now.
Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 539
Size:  28.7 KB

At least safe PayPal methods were used. Never use friends and family unless you really know the person. I hate paying those fees as much as the next person but they do come in handy for situations like this.
Old 05-01-2019, 12:30 PM   #17
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Mike, that is a good point. I just assumed the op did that. I guess those of us who frequent the board my just notify mods, etc. in the future as a precaution...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 01:32 PM   #18
Turbo_J89

Drives: 2015 BVM Camaro 1LE (2SS/RS)
The unfortunate truth is a lot of "scammers" know they are on the clock towards being discovered as a fraud. These people change phone numbers, email addresses, use fake names, ship to other people's addresses and swipe the item off the porch, hide their IP addresses, etc. How are the mods going to protect you from that?

Unless you take extreme precautions, there's always going to be risk. The common sense answer to all of this is meet in a safe public place to buy something or accept the risks.

Last edited by Turbo_J89; 05-01-2019 at 06:47 PM.
Turbo_J89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 04:53 PM   #19
DBHWT

Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
I got scammed a few years ago off a guy in Fla. Paypal, but hit the friends/family button by mistake. Was fortunate enough for C/C to reimburse.
DBHWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 11:29 AM   #20
gunchamp

Drives: 15 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I'm just wondering why these threads get started and no-one ever reports to and Admin or Mod

This guy is hanging around on the boards just ready to scam the next person until I just happened across this thread.

He's banned now.
Attachment 985459

At least safe PayPal methods were used. Never use friends and family unless you really know the person. I hate paying those fees as much as the next person but they do come in handy for situations like this.
This is the key. I had a guy I was trying to purchase wheels off this board and he was refusing paypal. He would only accept friends and family. Sucks when those who cant read these shitbags get scammed. One has to be on top of this crap in this day and age sadly
gunchamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 12:35 PM   #21
Crankshaft

Drives: 2011 Chevrolet Camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunchamp View Post
This is the key. I had a guy I was trying to purchase wheels off this board and he was refusing paypal. He would only accept friends and family. Sucks when those who cant read these shitbags get scammed. One has to be on top of this crap in this day and age sadly
What i have done in the past is offer to pay the fees for the business transaction to cover both of us and if at that point they refuse then i simply take my money elsewhere; i believe i have done that 2 times on this forum.
Crankshaft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 12:44 PM   #22
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crankshaft View Post
What i have done in the past is offer to pay the fees for the business transaction to cover both of us and if at that point they refuse then i simply take my money elsewhere; i believe i have done that 2 times on this forum.
Exactly— I do the same — to protect both of us. I bought a set of zl1 wheels that way and it helped both of us — I paid the fee as my insurance on a private non-business sale...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote